Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 11:35 PM)username Wrote: I love being me. 17

Crazy instigatin' bitch. hah

I couldn't tell if you were serious at first.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - username - 04-14-2015

(04-13-2015, 11:53 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 11:35 PM)username Wrote: I love being me. 17

Crazy instigatin' bitch. hah

I couldn't tell if you were serious at first.

Heh-heh. Pot/stir.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-14-2015

(04-13-2015, 07:56 PM)Jimbone Wrote: After being shot, Harris says he's losing his breath, to which an officer responds, "Fuck your breath". Yeah, that's going to help tack a few more million on the lawsuit...

Yeah, such blatant disregard for life shown by that officer will probably drive up the settlement amount.

The reservist, Bates, definitely should not have been assigned to an undercover gun running sting -- I agree with you. Very poor judgment.

Even though it's clear to me that Bates didn't shoot Harris intentionally (you can hear him apologize in the video), he caused Harris' death and I don't think he should get off scot free.

But, almost as disturbing as Bates mistaking his gun for a taser is how Harris is treated by the other officers after he's been shot and lies screaming. It's effin' insane and brutal, IMO. Here's the video again.

Graphic:

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-14-2015

(04-14-2015, 02:03 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The reservist, Bates, definitely should not have been assigned to an undercover gun running sting

This blows my mind every time I read about it, that and the fact he mistook his weapon for a stun gun.

The other officer filed a false police report and needs to suffer the consequences.

Sometimes it's amazing to me what people will do when they think no one is looking. It's speaks directly to who they are as a person.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 04-14-2015

What's the old saying?

A true test of someone's character is what they do when no one is watching... or something like that.

So true.

Meh. I'm foolish for having certain expectations when it comes to some people. That's on me. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 04-14-2015

60 yrs ago a persons word was their bond in many cases, today not so much, in fact it seems that being able to get out of trouble at any cost is looked at as being smart and not criminal.

There are loads of people who weren't brought up very well, who've made bad choices, and lack moral clarity these days. That's on society, not you.

And unfortunately as time and population roll on, we're increasingly bound to run into them occasionally...

I've thought for awhile that without religious boundaries morality becomes less of a thought and getting away with bad things grows. After all, when people think they are alone and God is dead they have no fear of what is seen or felt when alone. When people fear the observations of whatever God they believe in they are more moralistic and have second thoughts and balk at doing something that's just wrong. Eliminate that fear and people will try and get away with more and more escalating activities that are wrong.
In the future morality may go the way of God and just become a dead subject. Today people still feel the tug of guilt mostly because their grandparents or parents were religiously motivated, that ideal is slipping away every day.
Religion was used as a way to reign in personal human emotions but has been perverted so the message is lost.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-14-2015

(04-13-2015, 10:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 06:01 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm keeping up just fine HoTD. I'm just not letting you off the hook for your racist comment. Your questioning of if this man had been shot if he was white was a racist comment. Just because you're defending the black race doesn't make it any less racist. That's part of the problem with discrimination today. Who cares what color the man was? He shouldn't have been killed. End of story. The fact that he was black just means it will probably be protested for the very same racist reasons.

If you really believe that I've made a racist comment or defended any race over another in this thread and it bothers you, you might get some relief by checking your glasses, or your vocabulary, or your comprehension, or your ego.....or you just could consider me a racist. It's not a problem.

Making a racist comment isn't forbidden at Mock, in any event. I could do it all day long if I was so inclined. There's no hook to be had.

This is a fact Gunnar: Aside from your own contributions, you have no control over the content at Mock. None.

You can fling "what about the cancer kids?!" and "racist!" at me all you want. You can obsess over previous comments, insist that topics of discussion are inappropriate or offensive, continue being the only one to keep bringing up what you claim should be a forbidden topic, and all that jazz........ I have no desire or power to stop you from doing those things. You can keep bitchin' and protesting to your heart's content.

Still, none of what you say or do will change the fact that I am not going to censor myself, nor will I attempt to censor other posters, nor will I restrict subjects of inquiry and speculation beyond the rules for LC's Cell Block. I'm not going to make any changes in order to conform to your comfort and approval levels.

I don't care if you feel uncomfortable or offended in here Gunnar. It's your choice to be here or not; THAT is one thing you absolutely can control.
Oh now you think I'm trying to censor you and mock now! hah I just call em like I see em HoTD. Struck a nerve didn't I? hah

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-14-2015

You didn't strike a nerve, Gunnar.

You just need more explaining than most when it comes to understanding simple concepts, and I'm more accommodating than most in that regard.

Carry on...

All this Racism talk has made me hungry for fried chicken.

(04-14-2015, 12:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: All this Racism talk has made me hungry for fried chicken.

I smelled it frying yesterday but it was all in my mind.

This is the audio of Michael Slager talking to a senior officer just after he shot and killed Walter Scott.

The fact that he laughs about having adrenaline pumping is disturbing some people.

What I find more concerning is the fact that the senior officer tells Officer Slager that he won't have to answer any questions about the shooting for days, based on "the last one" that went down.

An unarmed man is lying dead in the grass with five bullets in his back, Slager doesn't have a mark on him nor any obvious signs of trauma, and Slager won't be questioned for days? That's wrong, IMO.

I think it should be standard operating procedure for cops to be questioned about shootings involving unarmed citizens right away.

They should not be given days to think things over, consult with others, and potentially create a false narrative. They shouldn't be presumed guilty of anything, but they should be required to give their own independent account of what happened immediately and on the record. More detailed interviews can be done later.

Those early accounts could help to both clear good cops and weed out bad ones.

(04-14-2015, 01:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think it should be standard operating procedure for cops to be questioned about shootings involving unarmed citizens right away.

They should not be given days to think things over, consult with others, and potentially create a false narrative.

Again with them being above the law! You and I wouldn't be afforded that.

Yeah, I don't care about him laughing. He clearly wasn't laughing that someone was shot, it was nervous energy in the form of laughter. Some people laugh, some people cry, some people go stone catatonic on adrenaline come downs.

Here was this guys reaction after a shooting an unarmed man:

The waiting to be interviewed for several days sounds hinky to me. I can't believe any department would wait that long for information... but shit, that's what the other officer said.

While I understand that reaction (a minor break down), I imagine that deputy hates that the video is out there.

Several officers just walk up, shine their lights and walk away without seeming to offer a word of comfort. I hope it was a justified shooting...if so an "it'll be alright, Bud" or something seems in order. Cold!

(04-14-2015, 02:21 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Here was this guys reaction after a shooting an unarmed man:

He was hyperventilating.

It's difficult for me to see a man cry. I then know it's bad, very bad, whatever "it" may be. Clearly he has respect for life.

Name of the officer is Grant Morrison, and that was his second shooting. He was cleared in both shootings by coroners inquest.

"On Monday, Morrison shot and killed Richard Ramirez, 38, after the man failed to comply with multiple commands and made a “downward-reaching movement” while seated in the back of a stopped car, according to police.

Ramirez died of his injuries after being taken to Billings Clinic. It was later determined he was unarmed.

Ramirez, who has a history of felony drug possession, had been identified as a suspect in a robbery Morrison responded to Sunday. The victim of the robbery had been shot in the arm and identified Ramirez as the shooter, police said.

Morrison also shot and killed 32-year-old Jason James Shaw on Feb. 11, 2013, during a confrontation at a car outside a suspected drug house. A coroner's inquest Aug. 14, 2013, ruled the shooting justifiable. Shaw, who was seated in a car, had refused Morrison’s commands and reached for a BB gun in his pocket after being stunned with a stun gun, according to testimony at the inquest."

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/billings-officer-in-fatal-shooting-also-shot-killed-man-in/article_31f840c2-c717-11e3-a230-0019bb2963f4.html

He seems a little trigger happy. Just from that article, it doesn't really make sense to me why he didn't wait for back up before attempting to clear a car containing 4 people, one (at least) a criminal known to him.