Mock
FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: FOOD FOR THOUGHT (/thread-11917.html)

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Blindgreed1 - 05-18-2016

(05-17-2016, 09:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: I use the ones created by people that live around here. They're from the 50's simple and tasty. But only every few months or so. Sally has some good stuff though. Duchess scares me a little, Betty Crocker she's not but sometimes she has good stuff like that dessert thing with bananas I tried but I screwed it up by not using instant pudding and it had to be poured into a glass with tequila in the end.
If that's as bad as it gets I think you'll be okay maggs. hah

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 10:24 AM)sally Wrote: What are you cooking out of it first?

Right off the bat, I'm thinking her zucchini fries, they are baked, not fried. She does does something with spaghetti squash I'd like to try and her recipe for prosciutto figs looks great.

This book was recommended to me. Apparently a monkey could have a success with it. Sarcastic

I read a review that said her macaroni and cheese with garlic bread crumbs was really good.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 05-18-2016

I read a little about the cookbook before I purchased it. I found it appealing because she made everything sound so simple. If I'm given a big list of ingredients and several steps to follow I lose interest before I even begin.

I had to google Sriracha though. I'd never heard of it.

(05-18-2016, 12:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I read a little about the cookbook before I purchased it. I found it appealing because she made everything sound so simple. If I'm given a big list of ingredients and several steps to follow I lose interest before I even begin.

I had to google Sriracha though. I'd never heard of it.
Smiley_emoticons_shocked I haven't found a food that doesn't taste better with Siracha on it.

It's become a big fad, they're even making Sriracha flavored potato chips now. You must live under a rock.

The guy who created Huy Fong foods that sells it came over here as a Vietnamese refugee selling his chili sauce on the street and turned it into a multi million dollar business. Huy Fong is the name of the boat he came over on. I watched it last night on the travel channel. So make sure you get the Huy Fong Sriracha with the rooster on it and not one of the imitators. I've seen other brands of it.

(05-18-2016, 03:23 PM)sally Wrote: It's become a big fad, they're even making Sriracha flavored potato chips now. You must live under a rock.

The guy who created Huy Fong foods that sells it came over here as a Vietnamese refugee selling his chili sauce on the street and turned it into a multi million dollar business. Huy Fong is the name of the boat he came over on. I watched it last night on the travel channel. So make sure you get the Huy Fong Sriracha with the rooster on it and not one of the imitators. I've seen other brands of it.
That's the real deal. Love that stuff.

(05-18-2016, 03:23 PM)sally Wrote: You must live under a rock.

I don't live under a rock. I live in a bubble. I haven't got the time nor the inclination to be "up" on all this bullshit, I work a ton of hours and when I have a minute or twenty I like to be in Mock. I'd like someone to do all this cooking stuff for me.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - FAHQTOO - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 04:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 03:23 PM)sally Wrote: You must live under a rock.

I don't live under a rock. I live in a bubble. I haven't got the time nor the inclination to be "up" on all this bullshit, I work a ton of hours and when I have a minute or twenty I like to be in Mock. I'd like someone to do all this cooking stuff for me.

I'm under the rock too...never heard of it.

(05-18-2016, 05:43 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I'm under the rock too...never heard of it.

I think that housewife is trying to shame us.

I'm going to look for some tomorrow when I'm out. I'm assuming it will be with the condiments, right, Sally?

Either the condiments or in the Asian section.

Unless you're one of those weird people that don't like anything even remotely spicy then you've been missing out. I made homemade chicken soup for dinner and I don't add it to the whole pot, but I put it in mine separately. It makes any kind of broth or stock taste awesome.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - BigMark - 05-19-2016

It's all that and a scooby snack.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 05-19-2016

I got my Sriracha today. I got the kind with the Asian writing on it but I saw another brand and it was made by the same people who make Texas Pete.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - blueberryhill - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 02:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I got my Sriracha today. I got the kind with the Asian writing on it but I saw another brand and it was made by the same people who make Texas Pete.

You got the right kind, Duchess.....hah good luck!

[Image: sriracha-family.png?resize=301%2C452]

(05-19-2016, 03:31 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: You got the right kind, Duchess.....hah good luck!

Sally told me it will make anything I cook taste divine.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 04:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 03:31 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: You got the right kind, Duchess.....hah good luck!

Sally told me it will make anything I cook taste divine.

I did not. Don't go squirting that shit in everything you cook now. I like it with a lot of things, but I probably wouldn't put it in my spaghetti sauce or sunday pot roast.

(05-19-2016, 07:11 PM)sally Wrote: I did not.

You said it is magic in a bottle and if I bought it, it would allow me to cook like Julia Child. Ta Da!

It's great on a cheese pizza,

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 05-20-2016

I put it on some rice/veggie stuff last night. It tasted like any hot sauce I have ever used.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 05-20-2016

You think it tastes like any other hot sauce? You're crazy.