Mock
FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: FOOD FOR THOUGHT (/thread-11917.html)

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Clang McFly - 12-12-2016

Chardonnay, Chablis and champagne go with brie.

http://www.hellovino.com/wine/pairing/softcheese/brie

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 12-26-2016

If you like crackers/chips, that sort of thing, y'all will love these.

[Image: prod_img-2932555_thpc_ich_3d_225x300.png]

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Clang McFly - 12-27-2016

I like the flavored crackers/chips so yeah I'm sure I'd like these.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 12-29-2016

What's for lunch? HuhHuhHuh? Feed meeeee.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Clang McFly - 12-29-2016

(12-29-2016, 12:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What's for lunch? HuhHuhHuh? Feed meeeee.

No can do. Long lines at Subway today. I barely had time to eat my own tuna sub.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 01-06-2017

Sally, have you ever heard of a salt block? It's ah-mazing! Check this out. If you're concerned with clicking a link then google it.

http://themeadow.com/pages/how-to-cook-steak-on-a-himalayan-salt-block

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 01-06-2017

No I've never heard of it, but now I want one. If you use it inside do the drippings from the steak run off the side of the salt block onto the burner?

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - blueberryhill - 01-06-2017

Do you two gourmet chefs mind if I join this conversation....I ordered a bunch of steaks for one of my Christmas gifts to son and they would be extra good on one of these salt blocks, I think....I had never heard of these before. It seems to have a lot of good reviews so I am going to order one for his birthday in March so thanks...I may get one for me but I never cook anymore....
I did notice it to be cheaper at some other websites...Bed, bath and Beyond has different sizes and Amazon also has several sizes...saw one on Amazon for $18 something for 10" by 2" (more of a rectangle). I also saw the recipe book for $8.00 something at several sites..so think i will order them separately....at amazon, it eligible for Prime shipping.....Bon apetit

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Clang McFly - 01-06-2017

(01-06-2017, 07:21 PM)sally Wrote: No I've never heard of it, but now I want one. If you use it inside do the drippings from the steak run off the side of the salt block onto the burner?

I want a whole bunch of them so I can build a house made of salt blocks. I can see the headline now: Man Licked his life and his house away or Rainstorm washes house and man away.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 01-07-2017

(01-06-2017, 07:21 PM)sally Wrote: No I've never heard of it, but now I want one. If you use it inside do the drippings from the steak run off the side of the salt block onto the burner?

Apparently drippings are kept to a minimum with this thing but if you do get some you wipe the block with a wet paper towel or something similar.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 01-07-2017

(01-06-2017, 10:56 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: you two gourmet chefs

39 Wise ass.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - blueberryhill - 01-07-2017

(01-07-2017, 05:58 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 10:56 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: you two gourmet chefs

39 Wise ass.

hahhahhah

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - SIXFOOTERsez - 01-07-2017

Hmmm...An hour just to get the thing up to cooking temp it a bit much I think. Too much trouble for my taste.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 02-01-2017

Sally, do you make jalapeno poppers?

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Maggot - 02-01-2017

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 02-01-2017

I've got a serious yen for them. I'm downright jonesin'.

I made a bunch of them last year with peppers from my garden 20-30 with cheddar and 20-30 with cream cheese deep fried. It took a long time because I had to dip them 3 times. They came out great though and next time I will clean them under water to keep the the juice that floats in the air from killing me.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 12:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Sally, do you make jalapeno poppers?

I've made jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in a piece of bacon and then broiled or grilled, but I've never made breaded jalapeno poppers. Like Maggot said it takes a long time to individually stuff and bread them and it kills my back when I have to stand in one place for too long. I don't know why because my back never hurts any other time.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Clang McFly - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 12:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've got a serious yen for them. I'm downright jonesin'.

Dammit. Now I am too. Maybe I'll order some tonight from grubhub. They won't be as good as what Maggot and sally were describing but my popper palate will be satisfied.

I'm kinda hoping they leave a seed in there and it gets stuck between the few teeth still left.