Mock
FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: FOOD FOR THOUGHT (/thread-11917.html)

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 04-20-2022

Sally, have you heard of grilled Hawaiian pork loin?

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 04-20-2022

No, but a coincidence that you asked that because I know that a typical Hawaiian meal is white rice, macaroni salad and some type of grilled meat. I was thinking of doing that for dinner, but I wasn't sure what type of meat or marinade I would use.

She basted that pork loin with homemade BBQ sauce with pineapple in it as well as grilling slices of pineapple. I'm not much of a meat eater at all, but that looked divine.

All cooks, GOOD cooks, always make their meals sound fairly easy, easy enough that I consider trying it, but there is such a big difference between looking easy & actually being easy.

Do you have a link to it? I was really thinking about doing a Hawaiian dinner when someone posted a picture of their lunch they had at a Hawaiian restaurant on FB yesterday. It looked delicious, but it was grilled chicken skewers with pineapple, not pork, but I imagine the basting sauce or marinade would be similar.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - BigMark - 04-20-2022

The food here is so fresh not much needs to be done, you will go shopping often though.

(04-20-2022, 12:58 PM)sally Wrote: Do you have a link to it? I was really thinking about doing a Hawaiian dinner when someone posted a picture of their lunch they had at a Hawaiian restaurant on FB yesterday. It looked delicious, but it was grilled chicken skewers with pineapple, not pork, but I imagine the basting sauce or marinade would be similar.

I PM'ed you a link. She posts about food daily. She's not a professional, but it sure looks like she could be. She's just someone who enjoys the act of cooking.

[Image: FQvZo3gXoAETYRi?format=jpg&name=medium]

Thank you.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - BigMark - 04-20-2022

I like eating more than cooking, and especially more than cleaning up. Sometimes the food gets cold because I'm not letting that shit dry like spackle before I clean it.

Me too! Way more.  hah

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - MirahM - 04-20-2022

Yum!
I've been passing a place in the next town over that has Hawaiin BBQ. i keep thinking about going in. I often think about how fresh stuff isn't tho, being in the middle of no where. Unike Mark, being in the middle of some where!

She made this too. Puff pastry with prosciutto, Gruyere and asparagus.

All credit to Rose.

[Image: FPnI4pXXEAAgn_z?format=jpg&name=medium]

It looks delicious, but puff pastry is a pain in the ass to work with. Those little pre-made phyllo dought tartlets in the frozen section make a good substitute if you don't have the patience to mess with puff pastry. You can take whatever filling the recipe calls for, brush the tarts with butter, add the filling and just bake at 350. They will be little hors doeuvres, but still taste good. I do it all the time with spinach pie instead of making the whole pie.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - BigMark - 04-21-2022

Looks good but on the first bite the asparagus would pull out spilling cheese and oil on your tits and chest.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 04-22-2022

How many do you want, Sal?

[Image: FQwHzbGXEAcfUXp?format=jpg&name=medium]

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 04-22-2022

A weed wedding, kids!  hah

The bride & her caterer have been accused of serving the wedding guests food laced with pot. Some people got so high they went to the hospital.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-florida-marijuana-weddings-wedding-receptions-411b99671050fe8f7ba137849344b5a4?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Oddities

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Maggot - 04-22-2022

If you want to see some sparks bring acid to a funeral.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 04-24-2022

(03-18-2022, 04:09 AM)pyropappy Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 10:48 PM)sally Wrote: I've been skipping on the carbs, but I plan on going to a brazillian restaurant called Mrs. Potato this weekend. It sounds like potato heaven.

Fogo De Chao is the place for Brazilian foosally

I'm in Jacksonville and it's right next to our hotel. We had an early dinner here and I'm thinking about resorting back to my teenage puking days I ate so much.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 04-26-2022

I read, "when in doubt, coat noodles with cheese sauce and call it dinner". Yea or nay?

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Clang McFly - 04-26-2022

(04-26-2022, 07:08 AM)Duchess Wrote: I read, "when in doubt, coat noodles with cheese sauce and call it dinner". Yea or nay?

Yeah. Add some bacon or Old Bay though.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Duchess - 05-10-2022

I'm so hungry I could gnaw on all your arms. Every last one!