Mock
FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: FOOD FOR THOUGHT (/thread-11917.html)

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 08-11-2023

Other than slicing the potatoes and grating the cheese which you can use a hand held grater for, it’s a pretty easy one pan dish to make. We made it one year in Home Ec in it’s simplest form, just potatoes, parm, heavy cream and salt and pepper.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - BigMark - 08-12-2023

This would be so good in the winter.

https://sitkasalmonshares.com/blogs/culinary/recipes/hearty-basque-tuna-and-potato-soup

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.sanity.io%2F...=1600&q=75]

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 08-12-2023

It would be good now. Just do what I do and turn the AC down to 60 and pretend it’s winter.

It would be good with all types of seafood and meats.

I’m lucky to live next to a seafood market where everything comes in fresh off the boat daily. Some mussels or clams would be good in there.

The boats literally dock 50' from the market here, it seems like they have two tier pricing though.

I friggin love cioppino.

(08-12-2023, 01:44 PM)BigMark Wrote: The boats literally dock 50' from the market here, it seems like they have two tier pricing though.

Have you seen percebes aka goose barnacles over there? I think they are common in Portugal. I ordered some online once, they weren’t bad tasting, but they are very strange looking to say the least. They look like little penises with claws, I had a fucking nightmare about them.

They came with instructions on how to cook them which was just simply boil them in salted water for one minute. They are so expensive and difficult to harvest that they shouldn’t be adorned with anything other than a lemon wedge and glass of wine. Fascinating little creatures they are.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Donovan - 08-12-2023

My gf brother and his wife are coming tomorrow for.brunch and got some vegan cupcakes because they're total vegan, only plant based food etc. Not gonna lie, they look pretty delicious. Have to see how they taste...

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Donovan - 08-13-2023

They were not horrible. Cupcake tasted a little wierd but passable.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 08-13-2023

I like vegetables, beans, and grains. I like them for what they are, I don’t like when people try to make them into other things like meat and cupcakes or whatever, it never tastes good.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 08-13-2023

It’s like the people who are on a keto diet and make mashed potatoes out of cauliflower. No wonder your ass is fat if you’re so desperate for potatoes that you’re trying to make them out of fucking cauliflower.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - BlueTiki - 08-14-2023

(08-13-2023, 10:13 PM)sally Wrote: I like vegetables, beans, and grains. I like them for what they are, I don’t like when people try to make them into other things like meat and cupcakes or whatever, it never tastes good.

hah

I agree.  

Mashed and assorted legumes or texturized vegetable protein, processed with a shit-ton of chemicals and spices, is NOT meat!

Geez . . . vegetables identifying as meat?  What next?

Once we go down that road we'll be having dudes identifying as chicks and shredded pork identifying as gefilte fish.  It's an old Nazi tactic to trick the public.

New World Order Soylent Green.

(As a side observation . . . why does every product that is labeled "free" [e.g. gluten, carb, pesticide] cost more?  FFS!  Free means free, dammit!)

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Donovan - 08-14-2023

Literally every cooked or prepared dish was something else when it started. Getting mad at people doing new stuff with raw materials is a little like getting pissed because someone added zucchini or bananas to bread. Jesus Christ, just keeping up with all the harmless food, beer, movies and people your crowd is supposed to hate now must be absolutely exhausting...

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - sally - 08-14-2023

I don’t hate them. My sister, brother in law and his wife are vegan and I don’t hate them, I just think they’re stupid.

(08-14-2023, 11:26 AM)Donovan Wrote: Literally every cooked or prepared dish was something else when it started. 

Not really, I make vegan dishes all of the time. For example if I make lentil and vegetable soup it’s still just lentils and vegetables. On the other hand if I take the lentils and vegetables and process it with all kinds of additives and chemicals, mass produce it and sell it to vegetarians as burger meat than it is indeed something else. It’s environmentally unfriendly garbage that defeats the whole purpose of eating clean and healthy. I didn’t mean to insinuate that people are stupid for making zucchini muffins at home or whatever. Even though they suck.

RE: FOOD FOR THOUGHT - Donovan - 08-14-2023

That's an oddly specific defense I neither care about nor asked for. The kind of people overly obsessed with what strangers choose to eat for fucking dinner are the exact same ones hyper-fixated on what other people wear, call themselves, or do in the privacy of their own homes. It's got to be exhausting, and I can't imagine trying to live a life where what somebody else put in their hamburger matters the slightest little bit to me...
PS literally every kind of bread, noodle, and baked good started out as a grain or other base flour. Every single packaged food product you can buy at your grocery is loaded to the brim with chemical additives. And every kind of meat you can buy through standard means has been pumped so full of hormones and antibiotics and other artificial chemicals it makes eight year old girls start puberty. Your defense is invalid.

The only way my defense is invalid is if the person eating a plant based processed chicken patty for example says “ I’m eating this very unhealthy chicken patty because I was craving chicken, but not enough that I want to kill a real chicken because I don’t believe in killing animals for food. That would be acceptable, but the person eating it because they somehow think it’s healthier is a moron. I really don’t give a shit what people choose to eat, but to market a lot of that shit as healthy and better for the environment is just not true.

Also since you felt the need to comment on “my crowd” being hyper-fixated on what people think and do,  your crowd must also be hyper-fixated on what people think and do. Imagine living life getting all flustered because someone said that Beyond Burger is stupid and gross. That must be beyond exhausting.