Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Blindgreed1 - 06-25-2015

A lot of Americans died defending that flag. Banning it as a racist symbol is absurd.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 03:27 PM)JsMom Wrote: This whole flag bullshit has me confused. Most of my black friends are just as pissed, they are having to do away with the Confederate flag, as the whites (I hated History). Now, If it truly did stand for any kind of racism; why would they be pissed? Must just be a heritage thing to them? Questions, Questions...

Answer -- it doesn't stand for racism to your black friends, and only they can tell you what it means to them.

It's not confusing. Unless they work/live on specific government grounds and that flag becomes prohibited from being flown there, your black friends won't be having to do away with the Confederate flag.

The government isn't sending anyone to private property and asking citizens to surrender their Confederate Flag collections, or their guns (if they have any), or their white friends, or their Dukes of Hazzard lunch boxes or anything like that.

Soothe their minds Js. Explain to your black friends that the worst that could happen is analogous with going to a NASCAR race or a Skynyrd concert. NASCAR official materials and venues don't display the Confederate flag any longer, nor does the band Lynryd Skynryd. They want to be all-inclusive, so the American Flag or the state flag is used (if any). Still, there are sometimes more Confederate flags on display by private citizens who attend those events than American flags, state flags, or most anything else.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 06-25-2015

This week all the confederate flags will get burned in the center of town. Next week who knows. I call all southerners Rebels it doesn't mean I hate them. And I'm not going to blame anyone for something that happened years ago before they were born. If I had the ability I would douse the world with prosaic, it truly needs it. Bunch of nutcases.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 05:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: This week all the confederate flags will get burned in the center of town. Next week who knows.

My money is on the car horn that plays the first three bars of "Dixie".

Even though it was written by a Northern abolitionist.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 06-25-2015

Reality does not work in 'Bizarro world"

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 06-25-2015

Oh I wish I was in the land of cotton

Old times there are not forgotten

Look away, look away, look away Dixieland.

Bars, Spy . . . like the Bars in Stars and Bars.

Not the first three stanzas.

(06-25-2015, 05:50 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Bars, Spy . . . like the Bars in Stars and Bars.

Oh, I got that part.

I just figured I'd say the words out loud. Just reminiscing. I went to Kindergarten in Dixieland.

They taught us that the first week.

(06-25-2015, 05:53 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 05:50 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Bars, Spy . . . like the Bars in Stars and Bars.

Oh, I got that part.

I just figured I'd say the words out loud. Just reminiscing. I went to Kindergarten in Dixieland.

Lemme guess . . . you left out the part of "Injun" batter because you are a racially sensitive individual or you forgot the rest of the song?

(06-25-2015, 05:59 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 05:53 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

Oh, I got that part.

Lemme guess . . . you left out the part of "Injun" batter because you are a racially sensitive individual or you forgot the rest of the song?

I've forgotten the rest of the song.

Those are the only words I know.

Not sure how racially sensitive I am, but I do know what the old Bars and Stars stand for.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 06:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I do know what the old Bars and Stars stand for.

In your opinion they stand for white supremacy, right? What made you come to that conclusion?

That makes my heart heavy with sadness that you would choose to sing a song with a racial epithet against Native Americans while decrying the treatment of the blacks.

Such is the legacy of the peoples who were here . . . long before the pale faces and hoodie wearers.

(06-25-2015, 06:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I do know what the old Bars and Stars stand for.

In your opinion they stand for white supremacy, right? What made you come to that conclusion?

I've always perceived it to represent more than "just some good ole' boys, never meaning no harm."

(06-25-2015, 06:16 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I've always perceived it to represent more than "just some good ole' boys, never meaning no harm."

...yeah but something or someone gave you that idea. There is a reason you view it negatively.

(06-25-2015, 06:09 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: That makes my heart heavy with sadness that you would choose to sing a song with a racial epithet against Native Americans while decrying the treatment of the blacks.

Such is the legacy of the peoples who were here . . . long before the pale faces and hoodie wearers.

I've never researched the song.

As for travesties committed against Natives, it goes without saying that there are many times more of those than have been perpetrated against blacks.

I now finally understand where you're coming from.

Fess up, Spy . . . you've got a nigger in your woodpile . . . right?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - F.U. - 06-25-2015

Thoughts? I see what they are trying to say, but I think they are missing the point that none of these have ben used by the black panthers [or any other group] while keeping the white man down [so to speak].

[Image: 10452902_372687096260601_620246902082574...beyplw.jpg]

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 12:25 PM)Jimbone Wrote: [Image: BanAllTheThings.jpg]

Smiley_emoticons_smile This thread is interesting to me. Funny how we can see things so differently.

I see some of the reactions to recent events regarding the always-controversial state sponsorship of the Confederate Flag like this:
[Image: the-sky-is-falling-2.jpg]

If the government actually tried to ban private citizens from displaying Confederate Flags or mandate that businesses cease selling them, I'd be screaming too. But, that's not what's happening.

In regards to that flag, some state leaders are making decisions for their state properties. Private citizens are making decisions for their private properties. And, businesses are making decisions for their business properties. As it should be.

Nobody's freedom of speech has been encroached and there's no Constitutional right at play here.

Much of what's being suggested and speculated in terms of the "what's gonna happen next / slippery slope" is emotional, unrealistic, and will never come to pass IMO.

But, it's interesting watching it unfold and hearing/reading the reactions.

(06-25-2015, 06:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:16 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I've always perceived it to represent more than "just some good ole' boys, never meaning no harm."

...yeah but something or someone gave you that idea. There is a reason you view it negatively.

Not sure.

My grandparents lived in the South until their deaths. My grandpa was from MN, and grandma was a true Debutante from Galveston, TX. I kid, she was from Glaveston but didn't come from any wealth.

She searched out a husband at the AA base in East Texas during WWII.

He worked for the FBI after the war, dragging her from city to city, settled in Minneapolis in the early 50's and then (to her liking), he moved the business to Biloxi, MS.

Hurrican Camille crushed them in 1969, but they rebuilt and lived a great life.

They'd travel every summer to Brainerd, MN and spend a couple of months at the family cabin.

Through it all she never lost her Southern charm or accent. She was very proper. Not at all like a hillbilly or Redneck, but she definitely thought one way about the 'coloreds.' They were not smart and they were definitely beneath us.

I'm not sure what my grandpa thought. He employed a lot of blacks. Anytime I was at the factory it sure seemed as though they loved him. And why not? He was giving them a job. No unions. You worked, you got paid.

My buddy Glenn, who's black and was born in rural Louisiana, says living in the North has been a completely different experience for him than living in the South.

Anyway, not sure about a specific thing that happened to make me identify the Stars & Bars with "wanting to go back to the days of slavery", but it's just how I see it.

(06-25-2015, 06:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Nobody's freedom of speech has been encroached and there's no Constitutional right at play here.

Much of what's being suggested and speculated in terms of the "what's gonna happen next / slippery slope" is emotional, unrealistic, and will never come to pass IMO.

It became more fun to argue about when business's began to pull that symbol from their shelves. How DARE they! hah

...and then when Apple pulled their app/s. The_Villagers

Hahaha!

Goofy and tired = more goofy.