Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 06:27 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Fess up, Spy . . . you've got a nigger in your woodpile . . . right?

Was my family Slave owners?

Do I feel guilty?

Not that I know of.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 06:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:27 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Fess up, Spy . . . you've got a nigger in your woodpile . . . right?

Do I feel guilty?

Not that I know of.

No, Spy . . .

I'm not talking about slave ownership.

I'm referring to the possibility, that somewhere in your family tree is a . . . uh . . . little bit o' dark meat.

Maybe grandma's tree . . . ?

No shame . . . just sayin'.

(06-25-2015, 06:54 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

Do I feel guilty?

Not that I know of.

No, Spy . . .

I'm not talking about slave ownership.

I'm referring to the possibility, that somewhere in your family tree is a . . . uh . . . little bit o' dark meat.

Maybe grandma's tree . . . ?

No shame . . . just sayin'.

Now that you mention it, I do jump awfully high for a white man.

hah

If you can dance, too, I now know the reason for your loathe of the Confederate Flag.

If not, I'll consider you just another bandwagon jumper.

Did you discover that you jump higher when startled by a negro or when you play round ball?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - JsMom - 06-25-2015

hah startled by a negro

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - crash - 06-25-2015

hah funnier that Mock's authority on jumping negroes finds that funny

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - JsMom - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 07:16 PM)crash Wrote: hah funnier that Mock's authority on jumping negroes finds that funny

It is funny, to picture him jumping "high for a white guy" because he was startled by a negro.

The thought of it was funny, not that he would actually jump.

(06-25-2015, 07:10 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: hah

If you can dance, too, I now know the reason for your loathe of the Confederate Flag.

If not, I'll consider you just another bandwagon jumper.

Did you discover that you jump higher when startled by a negro or when you play round ball?

Hoops.

I'm double trouble.

Shoot like Bird and have the hope of Dominique Wilkins.

Right.

Spy . . . basketball is a black man's sport.

Ima thinkin' you're passing.

And I ain't talking about the ball.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Cutz - 06-25-2015

Man, I really thought I'd get some kinda reaction outa MS.

Here's Superman doing an MS impression.
[Image: giphy.gif]

But really... Texas is not the old south.

I don't group Texas in with the other Southern states.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 06-26-2015

(06-25-2015, 06:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Nobody's freedom of speech has been encroached and there's no Constitutional right at play here.

Much of what's being suggested and speculated in terms of the "what's gonna happen next / slippery slope" is emotional, unrealistic, and will never come to pass IMO.

Hypothetical . . . if a governmental employee, from a state choosing not to fly the Confederate Flag, wears a Stars and Bars garment (T Shirt, swimsuit, underwear, bandana, tie), could they be fired for not being in lock-step with their employer's opinion of the racist rag . . . on or off the clock?

How 'bout if they sport Rebel Flag ink?

Would the race of the wearer change your opinion?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 06-26-2015

I find this flag highly offensive and I want it removed from store shelves and from front porches across America.

[Image: NYG.jpg]

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Carsman - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 05:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I find this flag highly offensive and I want it removed from store shelves and from front porches across America.

[Image: NYG.jpg]

Smiley_emoticons_shocked BLASPHEMY!

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 06-26-2015

I just read that my state is keeping our confederate flags flying. I'm so glad they aren't caving to pressure and are reiterating what the flag means to them which is honoring those who fought in the war. HaHaFuckingHa.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 03:33 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Nobody's freedom of speech has been encroached and there's no Constitutional right at play here.

Much of what's being suggested and speculated in terms of the "what's gonna happen next / slippery slope" is emotional, unrealistic, and will never come to pass IMO.

Hypothetical . . . if a governmental employee, from a state choosing not to fly the Confederate Flag, wears a Stars and Bars garment (T Shirt, swimsuit, underwear, bandana, tie), could they be fired for not being in lock-step with their employer's opinion of the racist rag . . . on or off the clock?

How 'bout if they sport Rebel Flag ink?

Would the race of the wearer change your opinion?

It doesn't matter to me the race of the wearer or the type of employer.

If the employer has a dress code and an employee cares too deeply about displaying the Confederate flag (or any other items) to adhere to that code, he should find another job that fits better with his individual needs/requirements.

Inked with a Confederate flag or any symbol that violates employer policy and can't be covered on the job? I think those could be handled case by case and my opinion would depend on the specifics.

Nothing about the hypothetical situation is limited to the Confederate Flag. There are a lot of things that individuals, according to employer policy, are restricted from wearing and doing while they're being paid to represent or perform work for somebody else.

But, if an employer tried to ban employees from displaying the Confederate flag on their own time, person, or property, there would be a possible freedom of expression violation case to be made, IMO.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - FAHQTOO - 06-26-2015

Better stock up on Uncle Bens Rice, Aunt Jemima Syrup and maybe a copy or 2 of Gone with the Wind. All under fire from idiots who want to erase every bit of the last 200 yrs concerning blacks from the history books.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 06-26-2015

Thanks, HotD.

My views on the free market system and capitalism is no secret.

I believe in the absolute rights of an employer and if employees, potential or current, find the employer or their policies distasteful . . . work elsewhere.

However, I disagree with the termination of a police officer, for wearing and being photographed in Stars and Bars boxers . . . presumably at home and off shift.

He's basically been labeled as a racist and unfit to work crimes with minorities . . . because of his choice of boxer print and his insensitivity.

I do not know the race of the officer . . . I'm assuming non-black.

Only blacks should be allowed to flaunt the Stars and Bars . . . just like the word "nigger" . . . without shame, criticism or apology.

They fought and died for that right.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - JsMom - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 10:46 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Better stock up on Uncle Bens Rice, Aunt Jemima Syrup and maybe a copy or 2 of Gone with the Wind. All under fire from idiots who want to erase every bit of the last 200 yrs concerning blacks from the history books.

People are taking this shit way too far!

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 06-26-2015

I hadn't seen the story until your last post, Tiki.

[Image: proxy.jpg?t=HBhIaHR0cDovL2xvY2FsdHZ3Z2hw...g1YEqLWO_0]
Police Chief Eddie Driggers issues a termination letter to the officer, Sgt. Shannon Dildine (pic above), saying the photo undermines the officer's "ability to improve trust and instill confidence when working with our citizens."

"Your posting in this manner led to you being publicly identified as a North Charleston Police officer and associated both you and the Department with an image that symbolizes hate and oppression to a significant portion of the citizens we are sworn to serve," Driggers wrote.

Dildine has ten days to appeal the decision.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/06/25/charleston-officer-fired-after-posting-confederate-flag-photo-on-facebook/
--------------------------

If the officer had simply had a post on Facebook of himself wearing or displaying the Confederate flag, I'd think the Chief's decision to terminate the officer was bullshit.

But, it appears that the officer instead intentionally posted something publicly a couple of days ago that compromises the best interests of his employer. If that's the case, the officer is an idiot.

Anyway, it will be interesting to hear from the officer directly and see if he launches an appeal.