Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 05:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-27-2015, 07:49 PM)Maggot Wrote: In celebration of the coming laws concerning the flying of the rebel flag

Do you really think they'll go that far and start introducing new laws?

Today I think anything is possible.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 09:16 AM)Maggot Wrote: Today I think anything is possible.

I agree and it's not a comforting thought.

A couple of topics of conversations I've heard and been a part of the past few days has been in regards to this flag and the rights of gays to marry. The gays are flying their rainbow flag and calling it gay pride yet if someone waves the rebel flag and calls it white pride the shit hits the fan in a major way.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - crash - 06-28-2015

White privilege..

*nods*

I wouldn't begrudge anyone taking pride in who they are but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Don't do it yourself and then tell others that they can't.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 06-28-2015

You clearly aren't understanding white, straight, majority privilege.

You're on the precipice of being intolerant.

Expect a visit from SJW's.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 06-28-2015

I do love that CNN was concerned that there was an ISIS flag at a gay pride parade... except it was a dildo flag. Very creative of someone!

[Image: dildosis.png]

Someone very dear to me is a history/civil war buff so I just sent him an email asking some questions. I know he'll give me facts and not supposition. It's my understanding that the Confederacy was born out of the South wanting state's rights and not because they wanted to continue being able to own slaves. Only the very rich owned slaves but it wasn't the very rich fighting. Do I understand that correctly?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 06-28-2015

Yup..........Slavery was on its way out. Thomas Jefferson had over 100 slaves. Take down Monticello? Will section 16 be removed from Arlington? Is this just the beginning? Slippery slopes need consideration before knee jerk technology is applied. Its a side show for sure.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - F.U. - 06-28-2015

Before I head out I want to leave you with one more funny. This one made me LOL also.

Confederate Flag Kills 7 At Alabama Shopping Mall

Seven people were killed this morning when a Confederate flag walked into an Alabama shopping mall and started shooting.

According to local reports, the flag entered Cherrywood Mall outside Huntsville armed with two AK-47 assault rifles, a P 228 handgun and several grenades. It immediately proceeded to unload its ordinance on unsuspecting shoppers.

Read more here http://dailycurrant.com/2015/06/26/confederate-flag-kills-7-at-alabama-shopping-mall/

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - sally - 06-28-2015

(06-26-2015, 02:16 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: 20% viewing it as both racist and symbolic of pride in the region

That would probably be the group I'd be in. While I don't think the flag should be banned I do think it holds racist connotations for some. Coincidentally everyone I personally know who says it's about southern pride also happens to dislike black people. Not just niggers (everyone hates them), but all black people in general.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - crash - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 03:04 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Before I head out I want to leave you with one more funny. This one made me LOL also.

Seven people were killed this morning when a Confederate flag walked into an Alabama shopping mall and started shooting.

According to local reports, the flag entered Cherrywood Mall outside Huntsville armed with two AK-47 assault rifles, a P 228 handgun and several grenades. It immediately proceeded to unload its ordinance on unsuspecting shoppers.

Read more here http://dailycurrant.com/2015/06/26/confederate-flag-kills-7-at-alabama-shopping-mall/

Ummm... where was the funny bit?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Carsman - 06-28-2015

Roof may not have started the race riots/wars he was looking for, but he sure did stir up a hornets nest with his flag! Mission somewhat accomplished!

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - blueberryhill - 06-28-2015

Oh my gosh, the sky is falling for sure....Maybe they will ban "Gone With the Wind" because it depicts slavery......oh dear, the sky is falling

I know. I am a smart-ass!

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - FAHQTOO - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 07:39 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Oh my gosh, the sky is falling for sure....Maybe they will ban "Gone With the Wind" because it depicts slavery......oh dear, the sky is falling

It's already in the works to ban it. Seriously.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - F.U. - 06-28-2015

(06-28-2015, 07:15 PM)crash Wrote:
(06-28-2015, 03:04 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Before I head out I want to leave you with one more funny. This one made me LOL also.

Ummm... where was the funny bit?

All of it. Come on, A FLAG walked into a mall with assault rifles and killed people.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Cutz - 06-29-2015

(06-28-2015, 08:19 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(06-28-2015, 07:39 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Oh my gosh, the sky is falling for sure....Maybe they will ban "Gone With the Wind" because it depicts slavery......oh dear, the sky is falling

It's already in the works to ban it. Seriously.

They should ban it for depicting rape. And rape-appreciation by the woman.

The 50 Shades of Grey of its generation.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - username - 06-29-2015

It's just a flag FFS. It kind of gets me that so many people were opposed to the Vietnam war...more recently, the war in Iraq. Should we ban our flag because it stands for invading countries where we don't belong and the unnecessary deaths of U.S. troops and huge numbers of "innocent" foreigners overseas?

Honestly I think taking it off state capitol property was just fine but it's become insane now. People have gone nutz.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 06-29-2015

Guess where these guys are going............

[Image: th?id=JN.GEfuKiNbxxkiPN03h3Vk3A&pid=15.1&P=0]

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 06-29-2015

I've learned so much since we've been talking about this. For example, I live within feet of the Mason-Dixon line. I never knew that! I know it's very colonial around here and there are a shit ton of little plaques dotting the area telling stuff like George Washington dined here/slept here/etc. Brick mansions and plantation homes are on just about every road surrounding me. I know the Underground Railroad went through here but I have never paid much attention to the history of the area.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 06-29-2015

Some knuckleheads here in TX want to get rid of George Washington now too because he owned slaves.

Better read those signs while you still can Duchess hah