Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - JsMom - 07-01-2015

(06-30-2015, 06:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 10:22 AM)JsMom Wrote: Shit is hitting the fan here in Tn. Everything in this town, I live in, is named after Nathan Bedford Forrest. He grew up just up the street (about 12 mile) from my house. Curious to see if they change the name of the middle/high school and remove the rebel flag like everywhere else. Not that I give two shits either way.

The mayor wants to exhume Nathan's body. What are the townspeople saying about that?

I haven't heard anything about it. I'm going to have to do some research. Why would they even want to do that? :s

ETA. I just found the article.

http://wreg.com/2015/06/25/mayor-wharton-wants-nathan-bedford-forrest-statue-and-body-removed-from-park/

I'm going to post it in our local fb page and see what's said about it. I'll let you know. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 07-02-2015

(07-01-2015, 10:17 PM)sally Wrote: That's retarded.

Yeah, it is. They have concerns there will be backlash because they air it. It's ridiculous, there's nothing remotely political about that show, it's mindless entertainment.

If I knew some blacks I'd be polling them so I could learn what they feel about that flag.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 07-02-2015

(07-01-2015, 10:40 PM)JsMom Wrote: I'm going to post it in our local fb page and see what's said about it. I'll let you know. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Thanks! I think there is a huge problem when it gets to the point that people want to dig up a body so it can be moved from its resting place.

Is this the same town that has a bust of a former KKK leader in city hall?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - ramseycat - 07-02-2015

All this bullshit because there's a pic of the crazy guy with the flag and he shot people? He's not the first racist to get violent and he won't be the last. And why all the sudden ourtrage about the flag? Why now? It didn't seem to bother anyone before. At least to this extent. People on this country are getting so stupid over stupid things.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 07-02-2015

Then there is this sort of nonsense:

Black Suspect Arrested After Racist Message Discovered Outside Predominately Black Church

A Colorado Springs man was arrested after police believe he left racist messages outside a church.
Vincent Broughton, 44, who is black, is facing charges for committed a bias-motivated crime and disorderly conduct.

The signs were posted outside the New Covenant church that is predominately attended by African Americans. One sign references the KKK. Another reads, “Black men beware, you are the target.”

The messages had the congregation on edge.
“We locked our doors this morning, so we were inside, but it shouldn’t be that way. You shouldn’t have to lock your doors in the church, it’s just… I’m speechless,” said Pastor Roland Joyner.

Police said Broughton admitted to posting the flyers but did not explain why he targeted the church.

Here's the genius:

[Image: mug-background12.jpg?w=500&h=390]

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 07-02-2015

I saw that and thought "it happens more than we think"

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 07-02-2015

Broughton . . . fanning the flames of racial tolerance.

I'm wondering if Sharpton will condemn his actions?

Wait! Is this a church willing to perform same sex marriages?

I'm willing to consider this is an anti gay crime . . .

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - blueberryhill - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 08:14 AM)ramseycat Wrote: All this bullshit because there's a pic of the crazy guy with the flag and he shot people? He's not the first racist to get violent and he won't be the last. And why all the sudden ourtrage about the flag? Why now? It didn't seem to bother anyone before. At least to this extent. People on this country are getting so stupid over stupid things.

I think it is in the name of our being oh, so politically correct....

I am pleased about one thing, Mr. Trump has been dropped by Macy's, and a bunch of other sponsors for his comment about Mexicans, e.g., Miss USA, etc.
Of course, he was welcomed to Fox News with open arms.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 07-02-2015

I watched a Twilight Zone yesterday called 'The Librarian" where the state would define an "obsolete" person and the old guy said something that rang true. He said 'You cannot remove God with an edict" The phrase rings true in many aspects with different subjects also.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - F.U. - 07-02-2015

Good thing Dimebag Darrell has died. They would be banning his guitar next.

[Image: 11204459_10153038464286973_7846585586998...ygnook.jpg]

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Cutz - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 09:32 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Then there is this sort of nonsense:
Here's the genius:

There they go arresting another black man for doing nothing wrong! He was just trying to warn his brothers! I bet it was a honkey ass cornbread cracker cop that arrested him too.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - blueberryhill - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 05:17 PM)Maggot Wrote: I watched a Twilight Zone yesterday called 'The Librarian" where the state would define an "obsolete" person and the old guy said something that rang true. He said 'You cannot remove God with an edict" The phrase rings true in many aspects with different subjects also.

That is really deep, Maggs! Bless your little heart....

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 07-03-2015

Well, it was bound to happen.

And, in reality, these white supremists actually do embrace and celebrate the historical symbolism of the flag.

[Image: n-KKK-large570.jpg]

Members of the Ku Klux Klan have announced plans to rally next month in South Carolina in support of the Confederate flag.

State officials confirmed to that the Loyal White Knights chapter of the KKK got permission to meet at the statehouse in Columbia on July 18.

The rally is set to take place just a month after 21-year-old Dylann Roof allegedly opened fire in a black church in Charleston, killing nine people. While the community continues to heal, and some family members of the victims have forgiven Roof, Spears told Politico he feels "sorry for the boy."

"I think he picked the wrong target," Spears said. "A better target for him would have been these gang-bangers, running around rapping, raping and stealing."

Robert Jones, a "grand dragon" for the chapter, told Charleston-area newspaper The Post and Courier that Roof is a "young warrior."

I don't even think these hooded clowns incite fear or shock anymore, just eye rolls by most, and thumbs-up from other myopic morons.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 07-03-2015

Pussy muthafuckas wearing a hood.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 07-03-2015

Fight, fight Nigga and white. I hope they aim true at each other, target center.

[Image: n-KKK-large570.jpg]

There is a conflict between them and the Black Panthers who are scheduled to be at the same place at the same time.

There may be a showdown developing in Columbia, as a New Black Panther Party affiliated group plans a rally in the state capitol of South Carolina on July 18, the same day that a protest is planned by a KKK white power group.

link

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - JsMom - 07-03-2015

(07-02-2015, 05:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 10:40 PM)JsMom Wrote: I'm going to post it in our local fb page and see what's said about it. I'll let you know. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Thanks! I think there is a huge problem when it gets to the point that people want to dig up a body so it can be moved from its resting place.

Is this the same town that has a bust of a former KKK leader in city hall?

I'm not too sure if it's the same town. But noone is commenting on N.B.F. body being exhumed. I find that to be interesting. Maybe people just don't want to offend me because they know I have a man whom is black? I don't get offended easily and they all should know that. Damnit! I'm genuinely curious what the town people think. O well...

I, personally, don't think it's right to move the bodies but what do I know. It's a part of the Souths heritage.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - ramseycat - 07-03-2015

They should not be moving graves. That's just stupid. I am so sick of this PC bullshit. Every week it's some new uproar over old events. Or some perceived insult. What a complete waste of time and money.

It's outta control. I've never seen so many people so easily offended.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 07-03-2015

Seriously? Where have you been?

Social justice warriors have been pulling this shit forever.

(07-03-2015, 10:30 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Seriously? Where have you been?

Seriously. I don't pay attention to a ton of stuff. I'm either wrapped up in my own little world or I stick my head in the sand so I'm not bothered. I'm terribly self involved and only really give thought to what is happening in my personal life and in Mock.