Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 07-10-2015

The U.S. flag wasn't created to symbolize Japanese internment, or torture or anything like that.

The Confederate flag was created to symbolize certain states' fight to keep slavery alive though.

It's not the same thing.

So, I understand why southern capitols are taking it down. But, I'm surprised by the number of businesses who've chosen to stop selling it even though a lot of people today don't regard it at as a symbol of racism at all.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 07-10-2015

Hahaha!

An "Honor" Guard is taking down this symbol of white supremacy and slavery!

FOX News is labeling this evil cloth as the Confederate Flag.

CNN labels it as the Rebel Flag.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 12:40 AM)username Wrote: I'm still not sure, given all the atrocities committed under the US flag, why there isn't a movement to take it down. The internment of Japanese Americans during WWII.

On December 7, 1941, shortly after completing his bombing run at Pearl Harbor, a Japanese pilot with a badly damaged Zero crash landed on the island of Nihau, just west of Kauai.

He was apprehended by island natives, but shortly thereafter, 2 Japanese natives on the island came to his aid, sprung him from jail and threatened the rest of the islands inhabitants with weapons and took a couple of them hostage.

The native population was ultimately victorious in this minor skirmish, but the point was noted:

Japanese living on U.S. soil had shown that they would aid and abet the Japanese cause.

While not fair to the majority it certainly was understandable why the U.S. took the action it did.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Blindgreed1 - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 10:38 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 12:40 AM)username Wrote: I'm still not sure, given all the atrocities committed under the US flag, why there isn't a movement to take it down. The internment of Japanese Americans during WWII.

On December 7, 1941, shortly after completing his bombing run at Pearl Harbor, a Japanese pilot with a badly damaged Zero crash landed on the island of Nihau, just west of Kauai.

He was apprehended by island natives, but shortly thereafter, 2 Japanese natives on the island came to his aid, sprung him from jail and threatened the rest of the islands inhabitants with weapons and took a couple of them hostage.

The native population was ultimately victorious in this minor skirmish, but the point was noted:

Japanese living on U.S. soil had shown that they would aid and abet the Japanese cause.

While not fair to the majority it certainly was understandable why the U.S. took the action it did.
hah You can't be serious MS.

(07-10-2015, 10:44 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Hahahaha!

Yes I am.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 07-10-2015

I'd love to make you my slave, white boy.

Go raise my flag for me.

[Image: IMG_2306_zpsrddbjhbn.jpg?t=1436454009]

(07-10-2015, 10:46 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 10:44 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Hahahaha!

Yes I am.
So you honestly think that the acts of 2 individuals justifies what we did to Japanese Americans? Damn bro.

Did you see where I said, "while unfair to the majority?"

However, BG, if you transported yourself back to early Dec 1941, and were engaged with an enemy as ruthless and brutal as the Japanese Empire, had seen what Japanese nationals would do on DAY ONE of our involvement, you may have had to make some drastic decisions.

Balee DAT

(07-10-2015, 11:24 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Did you see where I said, "while unfair to the majority?"

However, BG, if you transported yourself back to early Dec 1941, and were engaged with an enemy as ruthless and brutal as the Japanese Empire, had seen what Japanese nationals would do on DAY ONE of our involvement, you may have had to make some drastic decisions.

Balee DAT
Well we did drop two atomic weapons on them, so clearly drastic decisions were made. I don't think anyone would debate that, but using the acts of two individuals does not seem like a logical justification to me and not an ideology I would endorse personally.

Humor yourself and take a look at the #'s as it relates to Japanese atrocities in the 1930's and 1940's.

Nanking, Phillipines, Burma, Bataan, etc.

Fairly or unfairly, our government decided to neutralize any potential threat from the get go.

I personally agree with the decision.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 11:12 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd love to make you my slave, white boy.

Go raise my flag for me.

[Image: IMG_2306_zpsrddbjhbn.jpg?t=1436454009]

Wtf? Someone needs to scrape and repaint that trim, replace the carriage light, get that roof mold taken care of, and patch up that driveway before they raise any flag.

(07-10-2015, 11:50 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Wtf? Someone needs to scrape and repaint that trim, replace the carriage light, get that roof mold taken care of, and patch up that driveway before they raise any flag.

Agreed. Got a spare nigger?

(07-10-2015, 11:54 AM)Duchess Wrote:
Agreed. Got a spare nigger?

Someone's feisty today.

BTW, it's Friday. Boob thread time.

(07-10-2015, 11:56 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Someone's feisty today.

Probably because I'm sexually frustrated & ravenous.

(07-10-2015, 12:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Gobble gobble.

I had a particularly good performance last night (and I don't always have those).

I was just contemplating how I'm on a roll and would be able to help you with your frustration.

Hi, I'm BG1. I'm here to help in any way I can.

(07-10-2015, 12:09 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Gobble gobble.

(07-10-2015, 12:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I was just contemplating how I'm on a roll and would be able to help you with your frustration.

(07-10-2015, 01:15 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Hi, I'm BG1. I'm here to help in any way I can.

I have the most generous membership in all the land. Y'all are willing to donate some of your precious free time.

hah

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 11:49 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Fairly or unfairly, our government decided to neutralize any potential threat from the get go.

So I assume you won't be joining me in the removal of the American Flag, as it was a symbol used to exterminate, steal from, control and reign supreme over my indigenous ancestors . . . under the guise of creating a nation of freedom?

And . . . used it to create a nation that embraced slavery and dominace over another race, too?

It's difficult to demand and argue freedom from tyranny, when you are tyrannical to other races.

The American flag must come down!

I wouldn't equate the internment of Japanese Americans in WWII with what was done to the native peoples on this continent.

You make a good case, but because no one REALLY cares about Native Americans, nothing will happen. What matters now is blacks have the largest voice in this country.

Natives people have been shoved into a very little corner IMO, and yes people say, "what a travesty!", but that's as far as it goes.

There's no communal voice of outrage demanding anything (other than yours, lol), so nothing happens.

The black community, on the other hand, has gained serious traction (especially with one of their own in the Oval). Whatever they bring up gets serious attention.

It's gotten out of hand and will continue to get worse.