Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 07-10-2015

Are you aware that you're a white supremacist, MS?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 03:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Are you aware that you're a white supremacist, MS?

What is the definition, per Webster?

(07-10-2015, 03:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: What is the definition, per Webster?

A person who believes that the white race is better than all other races and should have control over all other races.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 04:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 03:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: What is the definition, per Webster?

A person who believes that the white race is better than all other races and should have control over all other races.

Hmmm...

I'm sure there are supremacists from every race. That shouldn't surprise anybody.

After thinking it over, I don't feel I fall into that definition.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 03:22 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: There's no communal voice of outrage demanding anything (other than yours, lol), so nothing happens.

The black community, on the other hand, has gained serious traction (especially with one of their own in the Oval). Whatever they bring up gets serious attention.

Victimization was not taught in our home.

Many of my Native friends (Hopi and Navajo) shared similar upbringings.

Get over the past and move on.

As to "one of their own in the Oval", I don't see a Nobel Peace Prize philosophy or self-reliance oozing, from the People's House.

As I have asked before . . . "When will we be forgiven for the actions of our founding fathers?".

When will we, as a nation, say "Enough!"?

The blacks have obviously forgiven their African countrymen, as being the primary purveyors of slaves to the Portuguese, French, Dutch and British . . . why are American whites still being targeted?

Crazy thing . . . Africans are still trading in Africans.

I guess "Black Lives Matter" is just a message to white America.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Blindgreed1 - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 04:09 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 03:22 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: There's no communal voice of outrage demanding anything (other than yours, lol), so nothing happens.

Victimization was not taught in our home.

Many of my Native friends (Hopi and Navajo) shared similar upbringings.

Get over the past and move on.
And oddly enough all of my Native American friends are more concerned about current events (see the fight to save Oak Flat) than what happened over 200 years ago.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 04:09 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: When will we, as a nation, say "Enough!"?

That's the niggling little detail, isn't it.

We can take down flags, give preferential treatment, we could even conceivably pay monetary reparations.

But you and I both know that no matter what, it will never be 'enough'. The grievance industry has too much skin in the game. It will never be over.

Just look at these crazy white people... thinking this would get them off the hook:

[Image: white-guilt.jpg]

[Image: lifeline010.jpg]

[Image: 1432116373119.png]

(07-10-2015, 05:08 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 04:09 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: When will we, as a nation, say "Enough!"?

That's the niggling little detail, isn't it.

We can take down flags, give preferential treatment, we could even conceivably pay monetary reparations.

But you and I both know that no matter what, it will never be 'enough'. The grievance industry has too much skin in the game. It will never be over.

Just look at these crazy white people... thinking this would get them off the hook:

[Image: white-guilt.jpg]

[Image: lifeline010.jpg]

[Image: 1432116373119.png]
What kind of crazy cult is that?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - sally - 07-10-2015

Fucking idiots. Jesus Christ. I wouldn't cry if some crazy person took those morons out with a machine gun. Get em out of here already.

Are they supposed to be atoning for the sins of their fathers? Is that what that's about?

My family didn't do anything to the blacks. I'm from the great white north, there are no blacks up there, it's too goddamn cold.

*starts mixing up a batch of Rev. Jones' secret recipe Kool-Aide*

You can read all about this nonsense here:

http://www.lifelineexpedition.co.uk/content/view/36/84/

Like I said, nothing will ever be enough. Nothing.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - sally - 07-10-2015

I've posted Morgan Freeman's video a couple of times where he says to best way to end racism is to stop talking about it. He wasn't insinuating to ignore blatant hate crimes, he was talking about stupid shit like this. It just perpetuates it and it'll never end.

Same thing with the stupid confederate flag. All that did was cause even more tension, if black people didn't give a shit about it before they certainly do now.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 05:58 PM)Jimbone Wrote: You can read all about this nonsense here:

http://www.lifelineexpedition.co.uk/content/view/36/84/

Like I said, nothing will ever be enough. Nothing.

hah

Black people aren't to blame for those nutjobs taking it upon themselves to act like fools.

But, I bet quite a few blacks had a good old laugh over it.

(07-10-2015, 06:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: hah

Black people aren't to blame for those nutjobs taking it upon themselves to act like fools.

But, I bet quite a few blacks had a good old laugh over it.

You're not kidding. If you look hard enough, you can see the guy in the striped shirt has a smirk on his face hah

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 07-10-2015

Am I ever glad I don't have to deal with fruit loops and crazies all day. Just normal people that mind their own business.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Carsman - 07-10-2015

(06-28-2015, 07:29 PM)Carsman Wrote: Roof may not have started the race riots/wars he was looking for, but he sure did stir up a hornets nest with his flag! Mission somewhat accomplished!

Roof must be crying in his beer, "they" took "his" flag down!

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 07-11-2015

Listen...........talking to yourself is not allowed till after 2AM. By then you will have a date.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 07-11-2015

I think removing that flag sets a horrible precedent. It's already led to talk of exhuming bodies and moving them to another location.

Rational people see history for what it is. That flag isn't holding anyone back from living their life nor keeping them from making a success of themselves. A lot of blacks seem to love blaming others for their fucked up existence instead of owning their own bullshit and accepting their lot in life is due to the choices they made not because they are under the thumb of a honky.

How ironic is it that a kid mass murderer is responsible for bringing it down. That's hilarious to me. He'll be in the history books now.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - username - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 06:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I think removing that flag sets a horrible precedent. It's already led to talk of exhuming bodies and moving them to another location.

[Image: 73b875ff9d7415c00de31adecc49c03c.jpg]

I have a lot of disdain for people who use "slippery slope" arguments to support their cause (because too often, they're ridiculous). However, this is a prime example of a true slippery slope in action. It went from one idea to take down a confederate flag to absolutely absurd in what seemed like seconds flat.

Insane

This type of knee jerk reaction/p.c. censorship scares me. All of this has served to give the Confederate flag a LOT more power than it had previously as far as I'm concerned.