Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - username - 07-23-2015

There go Dixie cups too.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 07-23-2015

(07-23-2015, 02:41 PM)username Wrote: There go Dixie cups too.

Is that a Southern bra measurement?

Spy would know.

He doesn't care if they are racist tits . . . just tits.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 07-23-2015

(07-23-2015, 02:44 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 02:41 PM)username Wrote: There go Dixie cups too.

Is that a Southern bra measurement?

Spy would know.

He doesn't care if they are racist tits . . . just tits.

I need to do more research.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 08-09-2015

I see more rebel flags today than I ever have. When people are told something is not appropriate they tend to do it out of spite. Such is the result of freedom. If you want something done tell people they can't do it.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 08:14 AM)Maggot Wrote: When people are told something is not appropriate they tend to do it out of spite.

I've always felt that the quickest way to get me to do something is to tell me not to. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 08:14 AM)Maggot Wrote: I see more rebel flags today than I ever have. When people are told something is not appropriate they tend to do it out of spite. Such is the result of freedom. If you want something done tell people they can't do it.

That's exactly why I covet the first amendment so strongly.

Nobody in government told private citizens or businesses that they couldn't display or sell the Confederate Flag. Citizens and businesses can assign their own meanings and symbolism to the flag and do what they want with it. Same as it ever was.

Some who feel "their" view of the flag was attacked are displaying it more than ever, like the rebels they fancy themselves to be. Good for them.

I never saw a single person in government claim that the Confederate flag was to blame for the attack on the black church. That would have been ignorant. Instead, I saw politicians with knowledge of their state's history respond after a tragic hate crime against blacks push to the forefront the decades of complaints/debates about the Confederate flag still being flown/sanctioned on capitol grounds.

So, the time was right for a change and there was an opportunity to pluck that thorn from their sides, and down came a couple of Confederate flags at a couple of state capitols. After which, the knee-jerkin' extremists on both sides did what they do (exaggerate and exploit with fervor, milking it for all that they could while the iron was hot).

Some business owners exercised their free market choice to stop displaying/selling the flag; others exercised their free market choice to continue displaying and selling it. And some private citizens chose to buy Confederate flags and line the pockets of the fewer sellers in protest of a change they resent/resist. It's still a free country and that's still not a problem.

Anyway, now that the knee-jerkin' extremists on both sides of the issue have settled down a bit, it's clear in my view that the system worked as designed in this case. Nobody's "rights" were infringed. History wasn't "erased", though it was acknowledged. Some citizens support the change; some don't. Same as always.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - username - 08-09-2015

That "Dixie" school district name change is actually gaining traction. The initial reaction from letters to the editor were "you're kidding me, right?". Now, they're publishing all the letters in support of the name change and the stupid local paper published an editorial for changing the name. It hurts! It's so insensitive! Wahhhh.... 78

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 08-09-2015

Kerry Pierson and a couple of others in Marin have been pushing for that name change for decades.

He's really hoping to leverage off of the Confederate flag controversy to finally make it happen. I don't think it will, but as an activist, he'll keep pushing -- now may be his best shot.

[Image: EP-150719819.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667]
This quote from Pierson ^ made me laugh:
“Name it the Obama School District. We will be the first of many. Wouldn’t that be a delicious outcome?”

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - username - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 01:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Kerry Pierson and a couple of others in Marin having been pushing for that name change for decades.

This quote from Pierson made me laugh:
“Name it the Obama School District. We will be the first of many. Wouldn’t that be a delicious outcome?”

Yeah. Delicious.

Sarcasm01

I about choked on my coffee when I read that.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 08-09-2015

Dear God. What the hell has become of good, ol' fashion common sense.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - F.U. - 08-10-2015

(08-09-2015, 08:14 AM)Maggot Wrote: I see more rebel flags today than I ever have.

I think it will slowly dwindle to the point it once was. Remember how many American flags we seen right after the Sept 11th attack? Everyone, including myself, put up flags at their homes, offices, on their cars, etc. Then as time rolled on that number dropped and dropped to the point it originally was. Now I hardly see a flag displayed at a home. People forget, or is it they get lazy, real quick. Then its on to the next big thing.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 08-10-2015

yup, the special of the day today is...............

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 10-22-2016

I have some regret about defending this flag and when I look back I think some of my comments were quite dumb and uninformed.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 10-22-2016

If I was a rebel I would fly it. But I'm a Yankee so I fly the Gadsden flag. It matches the leaves.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 12:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: If I was a rebel I would fly it. But I'm a Yankee so I fly the Gadsden flag.

Check this out, Boo, Maggottyboo.

[Image: gadsden_flag_confederate_spin-off.png?fit=500%2C318]

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Maggot - 10-22-2016

Eh, sure the rebel flag looks cool and all that but I'm just not all that wrapped up in it.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Clang McFly - 10-24-2016

(10-22-2016, 12:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: If I was a rebel I would fly it. But I'm a Yankee so I fly the Gadsden flag. It matches the leaves.

I'd fly the rebel flag. Its good enough for the Dukes of Hazzard and the General Lee, its good enough for me.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 10-24-2016

(10-22-2016, 06:27 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I have some regret about defending this flag and when I look back I think some of my comments were quite dumb and uninformed.

I just re-read the thread.

What has changed for you?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Donovan - 10-24-2016

Probably the fact it has become the rallying banner for inbred backward hillbillies too stupid to realize that side lost.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BigMark - 10-24-2016

The war of Northern aggression must never be forgotten.