Mock
THE REBEL FLAG - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: THE REBEL FLAG (/thread-11932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - JsMom - 06-25-2015

This is becoming ridiculous! The Confederate flag is an old part of History for fuck sake. It means nothing to me, personally. Why all of a sudden is there a problem with it? All because some nut fuck white prick decided to shoot 9 black people? That has nothing to do with the Confederate flag! That was one racist prick with his own agenda.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Duchess - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 01:04 PM)JsMom Wrote: That was one racist prick with his own agenda.

Yes, and now others are perverting it for their own agenda.

Is there any high profile people speaking out against this? If they do will they be labeled racist?

(06-25-2015, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 01:04 PM)JsMom Wrote: That was one racist prick with his own agenda.

Yes, and now others are perverting it for their own agenda.

Is there any high profile people speaking out against this? If they do will they be labeled racist?

Here's an interesting read....local to me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10100385380736052&id=34105513

The comments are interesting too.

(06-25-2015, 01:15 PM)JsMom Wrote: Here's an interesting read....local to me.

Thanks! I read it.

Is this serious or sarcastic? "I was scared and hid in my car with the windows up because I just knew they were going to lynch me when he saw that I was black." I couldn't tell and I'm leaning towards serious. I know there has been so much in the news about blacks being shot by cops as well as being treated like shit in general but do blacks really believe they can & will be lynched on basically a whim?

(06-25-2015, 01:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 01:15 PM)JsMom Wrote: Here's an interesting read....local to me.

Thanks! I read it.

Is this serious or sarcastic? "I was scared and hid in my car with the windows up because I just knew they were going to lynch me when he saw that I was black." I couldn't tell and I'm leaning towards serious. I know there has been so much in the news about blacks being shot by cops as well as being treated like shit in general but do blacks really believe they can & will be lynched on basically a whim?

Duchess, I believe he was in fear for his life. He really thought that man was going to be a total racist.

IMPO, blacks do feel a certain fear of being killed, not actually lynched due to the color of their skin and the bad impressions some of their kind leave on the rest of the world.

Tennessee is now wanting to discontinue the sale of confederate flags on license plates.

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newschannel5/news/Bill-Would-Discontinue-Confederate-Flag-License-Plate-In-Tenn-309850811.html?lc=Smart

I found this comment on fb. What are your thoughts?

Just wondering what our government is trying to sneak by the American people by keeping them occupied with all this confederate flag bullshit. Wake up people! You are about to be blindsided.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Labeled as racist . . . Nah.

We are a country founded on the principles of free speech, tolerance and slavery.

We have a rich history of never accusing anyone of being, uh, let's say . . . a communist . . . based merely on speculation or by the accusation of another.

Banning . . . yes, banning the flag . . . from flying was an emotional, quick fix decision to distance the states elected officials to a flag associated with a gun . . . err . . . hate crime.

I believe these politicians were fearful of an emotionally charged environment that led to riots and property destruction.

This little murdering coward provided the perfect optic for these cowards to immediately seize upon before a "cooling off" or "waiting period" could occur. Hell . . . before the victims were buried.

Oh wait . . . those type of time delays are for firearms, only. Sorry.

I believe the Stars and Bars was the sacrificial lamb to prevent economic boycotts and a darkie uprising throughout the South.

Yessuh . . . weeze gonna loots an' burns yo' town durin' da tourists time!

Once that flag was deemed a racist symbol, it will now be difficult for any and all supporters to now defend anything Confederate as being anything but racist.

And the defenders of anything Civil War related will be deemed racists, too.

Unless you only talk about the Union . . .

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - HairOfTheDog - 06-25-2015

(06-24-2015, 05:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm only saying that to believe it doesn't stand for racism and white supremacy is kidding oneself.

I understand what you're saying, and that it's simply a fact, from a historical perspective.

I know you're right; it's not the white supremists who adopted that flag and changed its meaning for their own purposes.

But, a lot of people view that flag from a personal or pop cultural perspective instead of a historical one, or have some other source/interpretation of history than what the Confederate leaders declared and pronounced themselves. I understand that to those lot of people, the Confederate Flag doesn't stand for racism and white supremacy.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - F.U. - 06-25-2015

I think its as simple as it means what ever YOU want it to mean.

Question. Off topic and kinda confusing yes, but you guys know me. That's just the way I am. lol
How does everyone feel about the flying of the mexican flag at some schools [I remember hearing about that some time ago] ? I mean we cant say the pledge of allegiance at school anymore and now state's are saying they cant fly the southern states flag , but you can fly a Mexican flag on school grounds.
What's next, will it soon be ok to fly the ISIL flag in Amerika?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Midwest Spy - 06-25-2015

My wife refers to the Confederate States as America's armpit.

I tend to agree with her.

Edit: NC and Tenn aren't that bad though (for JsMom).

(06-25-2015, 03:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My wife refers to the Confederate States as America's armpit.

I thought that was New Jersey. Sarcastic

(06-25-2015, 03:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 03:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My wife refers to the Confederate States as America's armpit.

lol

Don't you remember my story from Miami a couple of years ago? How the two New Jersey babes just sat down next to me and my wife at the pool? They were fine. Big watches, great hair and that cute accent.

If they're from the armpit I'd love to be the deodorant!

(06-25-2015, 03:13 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Don't you remember my story from Miami a couple of years ago? How the two New Jersey babes just sat down next to me and my wife at the pool? They were fine. Big watches, great hair and that cute accent.

Now that you mention it I do.

You think a Jersey accent is cute? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Their big boobs musta scrambled your brain.

I tend to agree with her.

Edit: NC and Tenn aren't that bad though (for JsMom).

hah I'm a born and partially raised Northerner so I couldn't care less if TN was part of the armpit States. That's funny, though.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 03:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's about right.

And there is nothing cute about a new joisey accent in my opinion. It's as grating as the new yawk accent.

This whole flag bullshit has me confused. Most of my black friends are just as pissed, they are having to do away with the Confederate flag, as the whites (I hated History). Now, If it truly did stand for any kind of racism; why would they be pissed? Must just be a heritage thing to them? Questions, Questions...

(06-25-2015, 03:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 03:13 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Don't you remember my story from Miami a couple of years ago? How the two New Jersey babes just sat down next to me and my wife at the pool? They were fine. Big watches, great hair and that cute accent.

Now that you mention it I do.

You think a Jersey accent is cute? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Their big boobs musta scrambled your brain.

When you're from the Midwest a New Jersey accent is nice (for a couple of days at least).

While they had very nice bodies I was actually impressed with their big watches.

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - Jimbone - 06-25-2015

(06-25-2015, 03:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: When you're from the Midwest a New Jersey accent is nice (for a couple of days at least).

While they had very nice bodies I was actually impressed with their big watches.

And by watches, you mean boobs, right?

RE: THE REBEL FLAG - BlueTiki - 06-25-2015

Don't try and make sense of this, JsMom.

If the Confederacy fought for slavery, then it was for the right to own another human being and use them as they saw fit.

If I understand current white supremacist thinking, they want to eliminate all non-whites (and various others as white is superior) and not own them.

If I understand racism, it is a hatred of a different race and not the desire to own the object of hatred.

I believe I am superior, in many ways, to . . . let's say MS or Aussie.

Does that make me a racist, a half-white supremacist or a combination of the two with a female pejorative tacked on for fun?

Unfortunately, today, if you don't see the Stars and Bars as anything but a symbol of white supremacy and racism, then you must be one or the other.