Mock
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE (/thread-12208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - F.U. - 11-21-2015

Duch, some people are lovers and some are fighters. I am a lot of both. I enjoy fighting as much as I enjoy fucking. I have no problem getting in a bar brawl over the girls and then taking them home for a long night afterwards. Label me strange I guess.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-21-2015

Paris Attacks -- Update

French officials say the cousin of the presumed ringleader of last week's Paris attacks did not blow herself up in a police raid as previously thought.

They say the suicide bomber was a man, not Hasna Ait Boulahcen, who also died in Wednesday's raid in Saint-Denis.

Her cousin, alleged ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud was also killed. A third body was also found.

Meanwhile, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution to "redouble" action against Islamic State.

The unanimously backed resolution - which was drafted by France - also called on members to "take all necessary measures" and co-ordinate efforts in the fight against IS, which claimed responsibility for the 13 November attacks in Paris.

In a separate development, French prosecutors said that a second suicide bomber from the Stade de France attack passed through Greece on his way to France.

The prosecutors had previously said one of the other attackers had come on the same route, via the Greek island of Leros. The men may have been posing as Syrian refugees.

France's Prime Minister Manuel Valls announced that the death toll from the attacks a week ago by suicide bombers and gunmen had risen to 130 people.

Meanwhile, Belgian authorities announced that a suspect had been charged with involvement in the attacks, bringing the number of people charged there to three. (The city of Brussels is on lockdown at stage 4 alert as officials had credible threats of imminent attacks and police raids continue.)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34885606

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - username - 11-21-2015

I'm not sure this is exact but didn't some Muslim guy in the US kill his daughters for becoming, in part, too westernized? He was convicted of murder as I recall.

This is where our whole "freedom of religion" may have to be revisited. I don't give two fucks if someone wants to wear burkas and such but as a country, I sure as shit wouldn't want to allow stonings, murders and everything else that *could* be cited as a religious practice.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-21-2015

Muslims in the U.S. can practice Sharia principles freely (most of which apply to behavior, prayer, and dress), but the separation of church and state in America doesn't allow anyone to use freedom of religion as a successful defense to violent crime. Everyone in the U.S. is subject to the same federal and state-specific criminal law, regardless of faith.

In some states and cases, religious exemptions may be given for things like vaccinations, and occasionally religious beliefs will be considered when deciding whether to charge (or how to sentence) parents who chose prayer over doctors for their children and the children died.

And, some civil courts in the U.S. have judges who've weighed Sharia Law when deciding Muslim family and financial disputes; even that's been banned in some states though.

But, you can't murder someone and use religion as a defense in this country. And a Muslim can't rape someone in this country and expect to use the fact that there weren't four credible Muslim men to witness it as a defense (as with Sharia). And, a Muslim shop owner can't cut the hand off a thief and use Sharia as a defense; the shop owner will instead be charged with assault and likely sued by the thief as well.

I don't see any threat in Sharia Law or any religious belief system superseding the criminal law of the land or being forced upon Americans; it's a violation of the Constitution (though some Christians try to claim that God's law supersedes man's law and some evangelical politicians rally behind them).

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - FAHQTOO - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 04:30 PM)username Wrote: I'm not sure this is exact but didn't some Muslim guy in the US kill his daughters for becoming, in part, too westernized? He was convicted of murder as I recall.

This is where our whole "freedom of religion" may have to be revisited. I don't give two fucks if someone wants to wear burkas and such but as a country, I sure as shit wouldn't want to allow stonings, murders and everything else that *could* be cited as a religious practice.

No conviction, he's still on the run. Unless you're talking about a different case.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 08:09 AM)Mohammed Wrote: Maggot will just watch the whole spectacle while giggling away into his can of root beer.

I don't giggle, I laugh heartily or guffaw but no giggles.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 11-21-2015

That's strange, I always imagined you as a dedicated giggler somehow.

Oh yes ...

(11-21-2015, 04:30 PM)username Wrote: I'm not sure this is exact but didn't some Muslim guy in the US kill his daughters for becoming, in part, too westernized? He was convicted of murder as I recall.

... without a doubt, you got some serious nutcases among them. But then, where don't you? Like that lovely father who was fighting 2 rescue guys on a beach in Dubai and let his daughter drown before having her touched by strange men.

Or that whole clan in a swimming pool in Berlin that beat up 2 rescue guys that gave first aid as they tried to bring one of their women back from drowning.

In Germany we got a whole joke culture dedicated to these folks.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - blueberryhill - 11-22-2015

(11-21-2015, 07:28 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:

No conviction, he's still on the run. Unless you're talking about a different case.

I am somewhat certain that there have been more than one incident. Here on West side of Phoenix in Peoria, an Iraqi father ran over his daughter with his car (more than once) because she was becoming to "westernized." He, however, was convicted and is in jail at last report. I believe this happened sometime in 2009 and father was convicted in 2011 if memory serves me...The father thought he should be excused as honor killings were part of his culture/religion. The Court said that he may have a right to kill his daughter according to rules of his culture, etc., but that murder is against the law here and thus, he was guilty of murder. His daughter lingered almost two weeks from injuries she sustained before finally passing away.....

I recently saw another similar case which happened on the East coast (on ID channel). The Muslim father was a taxi driver and his two daughters were also starting to act like American teenagers, etc...so he took them for a ride in his taxi and shot both of them...this also happened several years ago....

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 11-22-2015

But then, lets not focus purely on Muslims for any such atrocities. Lets take India.

A place where many a daughter in law was covered in Acid because her family couldn't keep up with the dowry demands of hubbies family, or young beautiful girls committing suicide because their Dad had 4 daughters, so 3 of them hanged themselves so at least one of them could get married. It went so far that you have special doctors that scan a pregnant woman and follow that with an abortion if its a girl. Just like in China.

Many places in Africa ain't much better if you are a girl. But at least they don't get screwed by all the male family members like the Hillbillies.

The world is such a funny place!

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-22-2015

We've got a real problem with American men (and sometimes women) murdering their children and/or spouses in this country too, Mo. Just read the 'Rampant Abuse and Murder of Children' thread and the "Miscellaneous Cases' thread. I don't post every family murder case I read about because I need a break from the sadness sometimes, but those threads are still packed with such stories.

On a separate note, have you been to Brussels in the last decade, Mo? I've been been a couple of times, but not in about 15 years; loved wandering (and drinking/eating) on Place St-Géry and in Ixelles. It was a beautiful and eclectic city. It's hard to imagine what it must feel like there over the last few days -- no one on the streets, empty cafes, subway shutdown... Must be surreal for the residents.

[Image: brussels-alert_zpsiledqfdd.jpg?t=1448151628]

Soldiers joined police officers on patrols in Brussels over the weekend. Many public spaces in the usually bustling capital were deserted, as people heeded official warnings to avoid crowds.

Brussels will stay on the highest level of terror alert because of the "serious and imminent" threat of Paris-style attacks, Belgium's prime minister says. Charles Michel added that universities, schools and the metro would stay shut.

Brussels has been on lockdown all weekend, amid a manhunt for suspected Paris attacker Salah Abdeslam. Belgian Interior Minister Jan Jambon said the danger to Belgium was not tied to Abdeslam alone. "The threat is broader than the one suspected terrorist," he told Flemish broadcaster VRT.

Friends of Abdeslam told ABC News they had spoken to him on Skype and said he was hiding in Brussels and desperately trying to get to Syria. They said he was caught between European authorities hunting him and IS members who were "watching him" and were unhappy that he had not detonated his suicide belt.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34896125

(11-14-2015, 10:16 PM)username Wrote: I'm going to read pyro's link(s), Maybe I'll learn something that will override the gut reaction(s) that probably occur in a situation like that. My first reaction probably would be to stand up and run (depending on how close the shooter was). If he/she were close, I think I'd drop to the floor.

It's hard to fathom actually being in a situation like that but that's the first thing people always say. "I can't believe it happened here". Believe it.

The UK just posted guidelines on what to do in the event of a terrorist attack (which applies equally to any mass murder attempt in a public space). A lot of people think playing dead is a good option, but it's not recommended.

GUIDELINES

Run
-Consider the safest options
- Is there a safe route? RUN
-Can you get there without exposing yourself to greater danger?
- Insist others leave with you
-Leave belongings behind
Hide
-If you can't RUN, HIDE
-If you can see the attacker, they may be able to see you
-Find cover from gunfire such as substantial brickwork or heavy reinforced walls
-Be aware of your exits
-Try not to get trapped
-Be quiet, silence your phone
-Lock and barricade yourself in
-Move away from the door
Tell
-Call police: What do the police need to know?
--Direction: Where did you last see the suspects?
--Descriptions: Describe the attacker, numbers, features, clothing, weapons
--Provide further information: Casualties, type of injury, building information, entrances, exits, hostages
--And stop other people entering the building if it is safe to do so

When police arrive, they may point guns at you, treat you firmly, question you, and be unable to distinguish you from the attacker.

You ought to remain calm, keep your hands in view, avoid sudden movements that may appear a threat, and follow officers' instructions.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/19/world/what-to-do-in-a-terror-attack-paris-survival/
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/19/world/terror-attack-threat-preparations-what-countries-advise/index.html

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 11-22-2015

Yep, the biggest fish and seafood expo is held in Brussels, which I visited when I was still in that business. Lovely place and I still remember being astonished just how Black the whole area around their main train station was. Was like being in a well build Central Africa really. Loved it. But Belgium always had something dodgy about it. That obsession with their French Fries, Waffles, Pedophiles, the EU HQ.

You take one of those bullet trains in Germany which goes at a comfortable 315km/h and takes the same time from Frankfurt to the Belgium border as it does from their border to Brussels, as once it hits that country it has to slow down to a whooping 80km/h, as those guys still got the same railway tracks as they did when they still managed to run the Congo.

I still remember training Jade how to behave when we get attacked and my "surprise commando's" in the car like "Down!" and "Out!", making her fling herself on the floor into the smallest position and holding her head down as well as running out into the opposite direction from where the attack would be coming. One of the most important things I believe is to have instant visual with the source or sources of attack, which is why it is so important to realize that it's gunfire you are hearing and not fireworks. You hear shots, see immediately where it is and what that person is doing and aiming at. Then take off into cover in an erratic zig zag fashion. Does the guy shoot full automatic, meaning does he empty the magazine in one go, which I believe in such a terrorism scenario they most definitely will do, if so, try to provide as small of a target at you can, because when he does see you, he will just spray into your direction, so try to put objects between you and him while you are taking off.

They are mainly using AK's. Am not sure about our Western models, FU would definitely know I'm sure, but an AK has only single shot, even so they come out rather quickly, or full automatic, meaning you press down your finger and the shots just come out. In any case, it is actually not easy hitting an erratically moving target. But keep your eyes on where the attacker is and at what he is pointing his gun at. Especially when it is starting.

This is a nice write up.

In case you don't know what's happening in the middle east.

President Assad ( who is bad ) is a nasty guy who got so nasty his people rebelled and the Rebels ( who are good ) started winning ( Hurrah!).
But then some of the rebels turned a bit nasty and are now called Islamic State ( who are definitely bad!) and some continued to support democracy ( who are still good.)

So the Americans ( who are good ) started bombing Islamic State ( who are bad ) and giving arms to the Syrian Rebels ( who are good ) so they could fight Assad ( who is still bad ) which was good.
By the way, there is a breakaway state in the north run by the Kurds who want to fight IS ( which is a good thing ) but the Turkish authorities think they are bad, so we have to say they are bad whilst secretly thinking they're good and giving them guns to fight IS (which is good) but that is another matter.

Getting back to Syria.
So President Putin ( who is bad, cos he invaded Crimea and the Ukraine and killed lots of folks including that nice Russian man in London with polonium poisoned sushi ) has decided to back Assad ( who is still bad ) by attacking IS ( who are also bad ) which is sort of a good thing?

But Putin ( still bad ) thinks the Syrian Rebels ( who are good ) are also bad, and so he bombs them too, much to the annoyance of the Americans ( who are good ) who are busy backing and arming the rebels ( who are also good).

Now Iran ( who used to be bad, but now they have agreed not to build any nuclear weapons and bomb Israel are now good ) are going to provide ground troops to support Assad ( still bad ) as are the Russians ( bad ) who now have ground troops and aircraft in Syria.

So a Coalition of Assad ( still bad ) Putin ( extra bad ) and the Iranians ( good, but in a bad sort of way ) are going to attack IS ( who are bad ) which is a good thing, but also the Syrian Rebels ( who are good ) which is bad.

Now the British ( obviously good, except that nice Mr Corbyn in the corduroy jacket, who is probably bad ) and the Americans ( also good ) cannot attack Assad ( still bad ) for fear of upsetting Putin ( bad ) and Iran ( good / bad) and now they have to accept that Assad might not be that bad after all compared to IS ( who are super bad).

So Assad ( bad ) is now probably good, being better than IS ( but let’s face it, drinking your own wee is better than IS so no real choice there ) and since Putin and Iran are also fighting IS that may now make them Good. America ( still Good ) will find it hard to arm a group of rebels being attacked by the Russians for fear of upsetting Mr Putin ( now good ) and that nice mad Ayatollah in Iran ( also Good ) and so they may be forced to say that the Rebels are now Bad, or at the very least abandon them to their fate. This will lead most of them to flee to Turkey and on to Europe or join IS ( still the only constantly bad group).

To Sunni Muslims, an attack by Shia Muslims ( Assad and Iran ) backed by Russians will be seen as something of a Holy War, and the ranks of IS will now be seen by the Sunnis as the only Jihadis fighting in the Holy War and hence many Muslims will now see IS as Good ( Doh!.)

Sunni Muslims will also see the lack of action by Britain and America in support of their Sunni rebel brothers as something of a betrayal ( mmm.might have a point.) and hence we will be seen as Bad.

So now we have America ( now bad ) and Britain ( also bad ) providing limited support to Sunni Rebels ( bad ) many of whom are looking to IS ( Good / bad ) for support against Assad ( now good ) who, along with Iran ( also Good) and Putin ( also, now, unbelievably, Good ) are attempting to retake the country Assad used to run before all this started?

So, now you fully understand everything, all your questions are answered!!!!

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-23-2015

^ That an interesting write up; sums things up well.

It's kinda slick how the House of Saud and Qatar manage to fly under the public radar and are absent from almost all public analysis of the situation and its contributors.

They're contributors alright, in my opinion.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 11-23-2015

Saudi is the main one. What nationality were those guys again that flew those planes 9/11? All flights across the States were cancelled BUT the Saudi families? The Dutch were raising a complain to the UN about Saudi here in Yemen, they are invited for a visit, and everybody goes quiet all of a sudden. Aren't they now in charge of the UN Council of Human Rights? Hilarious no?

It's like putting the KKK in charge of the Congo because of their awesome track record.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-23-2015

(11-23-2015, 02:55 PM)Mohammed Wrote: Saudi is the main one. What nationality were those guys again that flew those planes 9/11? All flights across the States were cancelled BUT the Saudi families? The Dutch were raising a complain to the UN about Saudi here in Yemen, they are invited for a visit, and everybody goes quiet all of a sudden. Aren't they now in charge of the UN Council of Human Rights? Hilarious no?

It's like putting the KKK in charge of the Congo because of their awesome track record.

Saudi Arabia is currently the chair of the U.N. advisory committee on human rights. It's true, and it's proof that it's a mad mad world.

The irony. The Saudis still flog the shit out of bloggers for criticizing the government, forbid women to drive, and behead more people per year publicly than ISIS.

Ah well, recommendations made by U.N. panels aren't exactly taken all that seriously anyway. And it's not like Dickhole Cheney didn't get off on authorizing the torture of political prisoners who were never charged with crimes whilst he damned to hell the Taliban.

Next up: China to chair the U.N. advisory committee on international cyber hacking punishments. Smiley_emoticons_wink

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 11-24-2015

The UN has become like a global syndicate. The same as the mafia but with a different name. It has morphed into something that was never intended to be.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 11-25-2015

For sure!

Did you ever ready the book "Backstabbing for Beginners"? Seriously good and about the UN from a UN guy. I worked for the UNDP for some time in Kenya and was utterly and totally disillusioned. Absolutely ridiculous. Funny thing is, am very close with plenty of the UN guys here in Yemen, and most have the same sentiment. Yet at the same time, a job with the UN comes with nice perks, so there you are joining because you know you are joining THE place that will make a difference on our chaotic planet, yet down the road you realize there's really fuck all you can do, yet, it's so nice and cozy having this job, so you are a bit stuck between your emotions and a comfortable life. Hilarious.

My personal favorite is simply every time some atrocity is happening on the planet, there comes the "We the UN condemn this terrible crime!" And nobody gives a shit.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 12-07-2015

Governor Killed in Aden, Yemen Terror Attack

[Image: resized_99263-mideast-yemen_jenk_52-2042...02b2560d37]

ISIS assassinated a top regional governor during a deadly suicide bomb attack in Aden, Yemen. Aden province governor Jaafar Mohammed Saad was killed when a suicide bomber rammed his car into the governor's convoy in the western part of the city and blew himself up.

Sunday's explosion could be heard about 10 km (seven miles) away, residents said. Photos posted by local news websites showed a car in flames with a plume of smoke rising from it.

At least six of Mr Saad's entourage also died in the attack, which occurred while the governor was heading to work. Several other people were also wounded in the bombing. A terrorism court judge and two police colonels were also killed in separate attacks this weekend.

The United Nations says more than 5,700 people have been killed in Yemen, almost half of them civilians, since the Saudi-led air campaign began in March in support of the Hadi's US-backed Sunni government.

The main fight is between forces loyal to the beleaguered President, Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi, and those allied to Zaidi Shia rebels known as Houthis (backed by Iran, Shiite), who forced Mr Hadi to flee the capital Sanaa in February.

Refs:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-security-governor-idUSKBN0TP05K20151206
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3348427/ISIS-launch-new-terror-spectacular-kill-city-governor-six-bodyguards-Yemen-car-bombing.html

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 12-07-2015

(continued)

Yemen's security forces have split loyalties, with some units backing President Hadi, who was driven out of the country, and others backing the Houthis and Mr Hadi's predecessor Ali Abdullah Saleh, who has remained politically influential. Mr Hadi is also supported in the predominantly Sunni south of the country by militia known as Popular Resistance Committees and local tribesmen.

Both President Hadi (Sunni, US-backed) and the Houthis (Shia, Iran-backed) are opposed by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), which has staged numerous deadly attacks from its strongholds in the south and south-east.

The picture is further complicated by the emergence in late 2014 of a Yemen affiliate of the jihadist group Islamic State, which seeks to eclipse AQAP and claims it carried out a series of suicide bombings in Sanaa in March 2015.

After rebel forces closed in on the president's southern stronghold of Aden in late March, a coalition led by Saudi Arabia responded to a request by Mr Hadi to intervene and launched air strikes on Houthi targets. The coalition comprises Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco and Sudan.

Ref: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29319423