Mock
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE (/thread-12208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 12-07-2015

I really don't think this will go away until Muslims themselves fix it. but first they need to fix their Sunni/Shiite fighting.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Blindgreed1 - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 12:11 PM)Maggot Wrote: I really don't think this will go away until Muslims themselves fix it. but first they need to fix their Sunni/Shiite fighting.
True story. It's mostly muslims that die in terror attacks.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 12-07-2015

The Governor is just one of many. Aden is going wild, every day another target, I think our old man Saleh has a lot to do with it, but the funniest part is, it is ... "Liberated"! Smiley_emoticons_smile

Hundreds of foreign troops down there, the future capital according to our lovely current head honcho Hadi, and all should be fine really. Except for those daily dead people constantly messing up the scenery.

All that Sunni Shia crap comes from Saudi. Nobody down here at least ever bothered about it for many, many years, and all lived in happy harmony next to each other. And then someone comes along and starts stirring up shit. No what has come into the equation here in Yemen is actually a bit more worrying. Tribal laws!

What that means is simply that even so right after the States we are the country with the most weapons around, it is rather peaceful. Why? Because if someone kills somebody all hell brakes loose. For ages! Which is also the reason Elvis our German Bodyguard got killed a year after an incident he actually had nothing to do with as a local guy got killed in an accident with an Embassy car and obviously our daft Ambassador didn't bother much about it. So somebody had to pay for it eventually. And that is happening here right now. Just on a much more massive scale!

And now whole armies are simply out for ... revenge.

Which is ripping Taiz apart right now. I think it's gonna go pretty wild around here for some bit!

Well, fuck it, I should be out in a few days and drowning myself in any and all I can get hold off!! Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Duchess - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 01:51 PM)Mohammed Wrote: I should be out in a few days and drowning myself in any and all I can get hold off!! Smiley_emoticons_smile

Will you be able to post simply to say you got out safely? I know you'll have way better things to do once you reunite with Jelly & Jade but I'd appreciate knowing you left the country in one piece.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 12-07-2015

I'll try as I'm not taking my PC with me and will be using Jelly's, hence might get mixed up with my log in details. Old age and all that.

But actually I got an idea there! Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 12-08-2015

Changing American Views on Terror Policy

A majority of Americans support sending ground troops to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), according to a new CNN/ORC poll.

The poll was conducted prior to the President Obama's terror speech and a mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., where the attackers were allegedly inspired by ISIS.

But the survey was conducted after the terrorist attacks in Paris and is consistent with other polls after the attacks that found a majority favor ground troops.

53 percent of Americans polled said they favor sending U.S. ground troops to Iraq or Syria to fight ISIS. That’s a 7-point increase from a month ago, and a 10-point jump from last November.

It’s also the first time a CNN poll found a majority approval for ground troops against ISIS.

Republicans are more likely to approve ground troops, with 75 percent saying they would, compared to 39 percent of Democrats.

Sixty-four percent overall said they disapprove of the way Obama is handling ISIS, while 60 percent said the same about how he's handling terrorism in general.

There’s a wide partisan divided there, too, with 63 percent of Democrats approving the way Obama is handling ISIS, and 7 percent of Republicans approving.

Still, more respondents said they blame President George W. Bush for issues facing the United States in Iraq than they do Obama. Forty-two percent said they blame Bush, while 39 percent said Obama.

But an overwhelming majority, 81 percent, thinks ISIS-associated terrorists are already in the United States and have the resources to carry out an attack. And 61 percent said they think an act of terrorism in the United States in the next few weeks is very likely or somewhat likely.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/262289-poll-most-americans-favor-ground-troops-against-isis

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Duchess - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 05:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: A majority of Americans support sending ground troops to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), according to a new CNN/ORC poll.

I don't approve! Taz

I would really hate to see it come to that.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - afraidforallofus - 12-08-2015

Whipped-up paranoia leads to poll results like that one. It would be another Vietnam

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 12-08-2015

A base should have been left in Iraq, they weren't ready to be left alone yet. But that's just my opinion.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Mohammed - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 08:28 PM)afraidforallofus Wrote: Whipped-up paranoia leads to poll results like that one. It would be another Vietnam

Since the second world war, there have been about 280 armed conflicts on this planet. Plus minus. About 260 of those have been started by the US. Plus minus. Since Vietnam they had more Vietnam's than the average Joe is actually aware off!

Gaddafi gave once a seriously hilarious speech at the UN I think where he told the other Arabs how fucked up they actually are. In his words, we are the same people, and yet distrust and despise each other and have better relations with the US or France than with each other. One of us, Saddam, just got killed, for what? There was no Iraqi flying a plane on 9/11, there were no WMD anywhere close by to him, and yet we all stood by and did nothing and actually cheered on when he was hanged. Who knows which one of us will be next?!

He's like Nostradamus! Smiley_emoticons_smile

(12-08-2015, 08:32 PM)Maggot Wrote: A base should have been left in Iraq, they weren't ready to be left alone yet. But that's just my opinion.

According to the US it seems that about 70% of the rest of the planet ain't ready to be left alone!

Iraq, the birthplace of Civilization and knowledge with one of the biggest libraries on the planet in Baghdad. The place from where their people set forth to bring a bit of culture and some Orange trees into Europe via Spain, which they ruled for 700 years.

And then came the Mongols! Totally fucked it up to the point where it never managed to come back to its former status. To make sure they didn't 700 years later on, then came the Americans. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - afraidforallofus - 12-08-2015

Team America: World Police - Fuck Yeah!

That was one of the most surprising movies EVER!! Classic!

"Unbelievable, you look just like one of them now!" Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 12-09-2015

The U.S. has started 260 armed conflicts since World War II. Where did you get that info, Mr. Mo?

I'm not one to agree with American actions just because I'm American. As you know from previous discussions, I did not support the overthrows of Saddam nor Gaddafi. I also did not support intervening in Syria's civil war and taking out Assad. And, there are plenty of domestic policies/philosophies with which I disagree as well. But, exaggerated and hypocritical claims about America's aggression are just as (in)credible as those who claim that America is justified/right in all cases.

Anyway, I'm certain that the U.S. has had armed forces present in around 200 conflicts in the last 80 years. Some of those have been very small, many by invitation, most have been with allies, and some of have been American-driven wrong intervention (in my opinion). So, I can't fathom how you got 260 armed conflicts started by the U.S. I'd be curious to see that qualified when you get a chance.

As for Australia, like in the U.S., there is a portion of the Australian population and leadership which supports more intervention and aggression against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, according to the news I read. Not all Australians agree on the matter, of course, even here at Mock. I remember aussiefriend denouncing those of us Americans who did not support the idea of the U.S. charging in and taking out Assad in Syria like 3 years ago.

In any event, I don't begrudge Australia for being one of the most prolific bombers in the coalition. I understand why Australia, as a country, has elected to participate in military conflict within Iraq and Syria. I also thought it was prudent of Abbott to crack down on ISIS converts returning to Australia and placing the country at high risk of internal attack months and months ago. Some of the worst, most boastful Western ISIS members I've come across in research are Australians (some of them were covered in the IRAQ NEEDS HELP thread).

Perspective.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - afraidforallofus - 12-09-2015

I can't agree with your view on Australian participation in coalition bombing. It seems like we're toadying up to the US at every opportunity, and want to play with the big boys. I was in Newcastle, NSW, recently, and watched the F-16's doing touch and go exercises. That's when I knew we were joining in. The reaction here to the first combat loss will be massive

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 12-09-2015

Islam the religion of peace. What France found in the mosques they raided.

link

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-20-2016

Most Wanted Terrorist Captured in Pizza Sting

[Image: salah_3597323b.jpg]

Belgian police finally captured one of the key figures in the ISIS Paris terror attack that killed 130 people back in November.

^ Salah Abdeslam, 26, wandered through the streets of his Molenbeek, Belgium hood with his accomplices. He even used to walk past the police station whilst on the run from Belgian intelligence authorities, according to residents.

Today he woke up behind bars for the first time since his arrest as he faces being extradited to France to face justice, although his lawyer has confirmed he will fight against the process.

It is understood that Belgian and French intelligence services located the wanted fugitive's hideout after listening in on phone conversations at the funeral of Brahim Abdeslam, Salah's brother, who blew himself up in the Paris attacks.

One mourner is thought to have let slip vital information which allowed police to close the net around Abdeslam in Molenbeek, and finally snare him in a raid triggered by a pizza delivery.

French Minister Didier Reynders said ISIS terrorist Abdeslam had claimed that 'he was ready to restart something from Brussels, and it’s maybe the reality'.

He added police had found 'heavy weapons' in their investigation into Abdeslam and also believed he had formed a new terror network.

Two other men living in the same safe-house in Molenbeek, Belgium were arrested with Abdeslam on Friday, all charged with terrorist activity. Unbelievable that they were hiding in plain sight (wearing ski hats; wow, big disguise) in their own hood for all these months, reportedly walking around freely just doing what they do while global intelligence agencies were desperately trying to locate them.

Abdeslam's lawyer Sven Mary told Belgian public broadcaster RTBF on Sunday that part of the press conference given a day earlier by Paris prosecutor Francois Molins 'is a violation. It's a fault, and I cannot let it go unchallenged'.

Molins said Abdeslam told Belgian officials he had 'wanted to blow himself up at the Stade de France' as a suicide bomber on November 13 but that he backed out at the last minute. I guess that Abdeslam thinks putting that out in public makes him look like the pussy he is and he takes exception with the prosecutor's statement.

France is seeking Abdeslam's extradition for trial there, but Mary said yesterday that he would fight any attempt to hand over his client.

Refs:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3501259/Paris-attacks-suspect-says-SUE-French-prosecutor-revealing-planned-blow-Stade-France.html
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35312556

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 03-20-2016

Hi HOTD! Blowing-kisses

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 01:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: Hi HOTD! Blowing-kisses

Hi Dr. M. Awink

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 03-20-2016

I missed you so much I had to sleep with my sons Pokémon stuffed animal. Or he left it on my bed eating popcorn and watching cartoons.