Mock
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE (/thread-12208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-20-2016

I'm a busy little beaver these days; lots going on.

I missed you too, my friend.

So much so that I had to put on FOX news before I finally hit the sack last night.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Duchess - 03-20-2016

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 03-21-2016

I like FOX not for the talking heads but the MMA bouts and the boxing matches. When I want to go to sleep I watch PBS.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Duchess - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 11:17 AM)Maggot Wrote: PBS.

My boss swears they have the most impartial news broadcasts. I can't even recall the last time I saw any PBS programming.

Yeah, I don't watch their news, but I like the antiques roadshow and the Ken Burns specials.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-21-2016

I would like to smoke or split a brownie and watch a couple of South Park episodes with Maggot.

Or, learn a little something about coin collecting from Dr. M.

Anything would be fun, really, except for terrorizing critters!

I don't terrorize critters, I exterminate pests. Quick, clean and I say a prayer when they go in the trash. I even give them a newspaper coffin.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-21-2016

Take 2: Anything would be fun, really, except exterminating pests!

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Duchess - 03-22-2016

More terror attacks overnight :(

At least 23 people have been killed and dozens injured in Brussels after a series of terror attacks struck the city's airport and a metro station near the EU headquarters.

Witnesses described scenes 'like the apocalypse' with blood and 'dismembered bodies everywhere' after two blasts rocked the American Airlines check-in desk at Brussels Airport at 8am (7am GMT) in a suspected suicide bombing.

Around 90 minutes later, ten people are believed to have died when an explosion hit a Metro station just 400 metres from the EU headquarters in the city centre in another suspected terror attack.

Story

[Image: 3272A59D00000578-3503928-image-m-62_1458635459082.jpg]

[Image: 32726A9600000578-3503928-image-m-32_1458632474414.jpg]

[Image: 3272581400000578-3503928-Two_explosions_...082516.jpg]

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-22-2016

^ Belgium has a serious problem as a terrorist breeding ground and haven, now the attacks are happening on their own ground. I hope Belgian authorities can get their arms around it soon.

I read that the death count from last night's attacks is over 30 now and ISIS has officially claimed responsibility for the bombings.

There's speculation that the timing of the bombings is related to the arrest of Belgian Paris terror suspect Abdeslam and his accomplices in Molenbeek late last week, but nothing is confirmed yet.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Midwest Spy - 03-22-2016

Our politically correct world will not allow the necessary tactics required to combat this Islamic Radicalized Terrorism.

This is the civilized world's 'new normal'.

Pieces of shit slaughtering innocents in the name of Allah.

While Trump is a blowhard, some of his ideas are very intriguing to me.

Hillary gets us 4-8 more years of appeasing these criminals while they continue to get stronger.

We need strong leadership @ 1600 Pennsylvania, and Europe does too.

Right now, everyone is so afraid of offending anyone that nothing gets done.

(03-22-2016, 05:27 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Our politically correct world will not allow the necessary tactics required to combat this Islamic Radicalized Terrorism.

How do you see political correctness and fear of offending anyone as responsible for the acts of ISIS, MS?

(03-22-2016, 05:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 05:27 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Our politically correct world will not allow the necessary tactics required to combat this Islamic Radicalized Terrorism.

How do you see political correctness and fear of offending anyone as responsible for the acts of ISIS, MS?

Non-action on the part of Westerners:

1. Allowing entire communities of Muslims, particularly in Europe, to live in their own sheltered world, while radicalization takes place.

2. Here in the U.S., not being able to express viewpoints that suggest deportation of Muslims, or expressing doubt as to allowing thousands of Syrian refugees to enter the country, without being labelled a xenophobe or racist.

3. Inaction allows the cancerous cells to grow. Don't think for a moment that there aren't cells here just waiting for the right moment to strike.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Donovan - 03-22-2016

Yeah, because leaving them alone is what led to all that hatred of the US and radicalization, as opposed to, say, years of airstrikes and bombings and meaningless for-profit war that killed all their uncles and fathers and brothers etc...

The Donald is milking this horror for all it's worth. He's running around to different media outlets and shouting for torture and saying when HE'S President he'll bring back waterboarding and worse. He sounds like a complete moron and it's only intensified when Generals and former covert ops people (and the like) completely disagree with him, ya know, people whose lives have depended on them being wise and careful.

I'm one of those people who think that those being tortured will say anything to get the torture to stop.

(03-22-2016, 06:22 PM)Donovan Wrote: Yeah, because leaving them alone is what led to all that hatred of the US and radicalization, as opposed to, say, years of airstrikes and bombings and meaningless for-profit war that killed all their uncles and fathers and brothers etc...

Died in the Wool Libs will never change their stripes.

Always find a way to blame America, or Christianity, for Islamic Terrorists.

BTW, your Islamic Terrorists tried to bring down the WTC in 1993, well before any Iraqi bombing had begun.

Try again.

Try to find some other fault of the Western World that explains why Allah says it's okay to slaughter us.

(03-22-2016, 06:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Non-action on the part of Westerners:

1. Allowing entire communities of Muslims, particularly in Europe, to live in their own sheltered world, while radicalization takes place.

I agree that lack of Muslim immigrant assimilation in European society is a big contributor to their problem with Islamic terrorism. With an increasing number of Muslims being uneducated and unable to find jobs and thus living in Muslim ghettos, it's not a surprise when they join criminal networks/gangs (religious or otherwise). Nor is it an excuse.

But, I'm not sure if Europe "allowed" the segregation to happen or actually "forced/encouraged" it to happen. I've read differing views from European leaders.

On the whole, the U.S. does a much better job with immigrant assimilation/integration than Europe, which is something Angela Merkel is evaluating now.

(03-22-2016, 06:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: 2. Here in the U.S., not being able to express viewpoints that suggest deportation of Muslims, or expressing doubt as to allowing thousands of Syrian refugees to enter the country, without being labelled a xenophobe or racist.

I've never heard anyone suggest deporting Muslims. I've heard Trump (and later Cruz) suggest deporting Mexicans, denying Constitutional citizenship rights to children born to non-citizen immigrants of any faith/nationality on American soil, and putting a freeze on Muslim immigration.

I don't consider the freeze suggestion to be xenophobic or racist on its own.

(03-22-2016, 06:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: 3. Inaction allows the cancerous cells to grow. Don't think for a moment that there aren't cells here just waiting for the right moment to strike.

I don't believe the U.S. government and intelligence agencies have been inactive. They've made many arrests and, in the last couple of years, been largely condemned for broad anti-terror surveillance which included sampling the records of everyone in this country.

But, aside from the wife of the San Bernadino radicalized Islamic terrorist, the ones I've read about being arrested for plotting attacks in the U.S. and/or planning to physically join the Islamic State have been Americans; Americans, who after viewing internet propaganda, converted to radical Islam. Fortunately, they make up a very small portion of our population to date.

Anyway, I agree that there's good reason to be concerned about both immigrant and domestic terrorism (Islamic and otherwise), and I support government and LE efforts to quash and contain it. I think that should be done with effort to avoid punishing everyone of any particular faith or nationality for the actions of the few.

Islam is the second largest religion in the world. There are over one billion Muslims. Obviously it is only a small fraction of them who want to murder us. I can't blame a billion people for those savages.

[Image: 56f18a591e0000b300705007.jpeg]

^ Those are the three Islamic terrorists who blew up the airport in Belgium today; strolling along, like it's just another day.

The two in black were suicide bombers. Each was wearing one black glove which authorities believe contained detonators.

The asshole on the right is being sought by LE and they're asking for the public's help to identify and capture him.

I hope LE has better luck finding him quickly than they did Abdeslam after the Paris attacks. Abdeslam's image was all over the global news, he was on the most wanted list, and he was speculated to have been in several countries while evading police LE for 4 months. Surreal that he ended up being busted in his his very own Brussels neighborhood where he'd reportedly gone out and about many times.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brussels-attack-suspects-photo_us_56f16bc3e4b084c672218840

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-23-2016

(03-22-2016, 06:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The Donald is milking this horror for all it's worth. He's running around to different media outlets and shouting for torture and saying when HE'S President he'll bring back waterboarding and worse. He sounds like a complete moron and it's only intensified when Generals and former covert ops people (and the like) completely disagree with him, ya know, people whose lives have depended on them being wise and careful.

I'm one of those people who think that those being tortured will say anything to get the torture to stop.

I just watched a couple of his interview clips.

Trump said that if Belgian authorities had tortured Abdeslam when they captured him a few days ago, they probably would have gotten useful information to stop today's attacks.

Well, assuming the piece of shit even knew anything about today's attacks, that flies in the face of what expert reports and studies show about torture -- it is not effective in getting useful information out of suspects. Instead, it renders a lot of bogus intel which eats up resources.

Trump also said again that he'd close the borders to Muslims. When asked which ones, he said the ones coming over without papers and such.

Terrorism experts are denouncing Trump's comments. He's wrong about Middle Eastern immigrants getting into the U.S. without documentation and screening -- the process is much tougher and stricter here than Europe because they're showing up in droves on Europe's doorstep.

And, the experts contend that Trump is feeding into what Islamic terrorists sell to recruits and members (that the U.S. hates Muslims and wants to torture and kill them). https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/03/22/why-security-experts-called-donald-trumps-response-to-the-belgium-attacks-preposterous/