Mock
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE (/thread-12208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - blueberryhill - 03-29-2016

(03-29-2016, 09:05 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 08:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 07:43 PM)sally Wrote: In my opinion the old fart master is making more sense in this little debate than Duchess or HotD.

I think you've got your nose up his ass then, and the fumes are frying your brain.

I was talking about Blueberry.

Well, I never.........hmph..............Dramaqueen

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Duchess - 03-30-2016

I don't care if y'all alienate the Muslims in your little incubated suburbs, knock yourself out, it ain't my 'hood. My Muslims care about our neighborhood AND their neighbors because they've been made to feel welcome so they share information that helps to insure peace and well being.

I might want to blow up a close minded bigot too.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - FAHQTOO - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 05:07 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't care if y'all alienate the Muslims in your little incubated suburbs, knock yourself out, it ain't my 'hood. My Muslims care about our neighborhood AND their neighbors because they've been made to feel welcome so they share information that helps to insure peace and well being.

I might want to blow up a close minded bigot too.

You can call people bigots all day long but it doesn't change the fact that everything MS said is true.
I'll be a bigot and keep profiling all the live long day.

I support profiling, I always have.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - FAHQTOO - 03-30-2016

I'm not a hateful person and I'm not a bigot. They shouldn't be bringing over any refugees until ISIS is taken out...which should have happened already IMO.
I'm beyond sick and fucking tired of the bigot, racist bullshit.

A bigot is someone who regards members of a group with intolerance.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - sally - 03-30-2016

I fine with being called a bigot. I don't like the way they dress, I don't like their stupid religion, I just don't fucking like them.

But I don't like any other groups of people either so...

I think people are entitled to their feelings no matter what they are.

I don't like white trash and I don't want them in my little 'hood even though I'd never see them except when driving by.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Cutz - 03-30-2016

It's not a matter of liking Islam or not, being a bigot or not.

MS went on a tirade about how it's a Muslim problem and they should take care of it. That's the most ANTI-AMERICAN sentiment I've ever heard him spout. Take a stand militarily? The average Muslim is not a soldier. They're not a general, or a Secretary of Defense, or an undercover LEO implanted in a terrorist cell. The average Muslim is you, MS. But of a different religion. How many terrorists have you stopped? Didn't see your self righteous ass on the plane that crash landed in PA on 9/11. If average Americans are so good at standing up to terrorists, why'd the other three planes not crash the same way? Because the average person - Christian, Muslim, or other - is a fucking coward.

So now, just because the terrorists are hitting Pakistan, Paris, Brussels... now it's their problem? We should just close off our borders to refugees and deal with our own problems? Let Europe and Middle East handle their shit?

That's exactly how Europe was devastated by world war while America tried to be isolationist. But we got off our asses and did something, changing the tide of history. And since then, we've been nation numero uno to involve ourselves in problems overseas. We've continued changing global fate. We don't get to wash our hands now and say we're done. You don't get to call for the easy way out. Nut up or shut up.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Midwest Spy - 03-30-2016

I said get into the Mosques and take out Imams that are spewing hatred and Jihad.

I also said its up to moderate Muslims to rat out extremists living amongst them. The extremists aren't lving in my neighborhood.

Did you even read anything?

(03-30-2016, 03:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Did you even read anything?

Hey. That's my line. Sarcastic

ISIS wouldn't even be a discussion if we hadn't invaded Iraq.

It's all George Bush's fault.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Cutz - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 03:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I said get into the Mosques and take out Imams that are spewing hatred and Jihad.

I also said its up to moderate Muslims to rat out extremists living amongst them. The extremists aren't lving in my neighborhood.

How many catholic priests did you rat out?

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - HairOfTheDog - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 09:32 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I'm not a hateful person and I'm not a bigot. They shouldn't be bringing over any refugees until ISIS is taken out...which should have happened already IMO.
I'm beyond sick and fucking tired of the bigot, racist bullshit.

I understand and I'm not saying anyone is a bigot or a racist, personally. I am saying that holding all Muslims responsible for Islamic terrorism, freezing all Muslims from entering the country, and refusing to take any Syrian refugees until ISIS is eradicated doesn't make sense to me and doesn't address any real problem.

In regards to refugees.........when (if ever) ISIS and other terror groups are eradicated, there won't be such a refugee crisis. That's precisely what the Muslim and Christian and Jewish refugees are fleeing. They refuse to convert to the extremist mentality and way of life, and they don't have means to defend themselves and their families against it - which makes them targets.

The Syrian government and military can't fully protect them now because they're engaged in civil war with rebels against Assad and moreso/also the Islamic terrorists who are intertwined with rebels and civilian populations. That makes it very difficult for even multi-national forces to destroy ISIS quickly (and ISIS is present in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt, etc -- we'd need to be all over the map simultaneously with boots on the ground).

If the would-be refugees are forced to stay in Syria under the circumstances, they and their children will need to submit to radicalization and the number of terrorists will grow. Or, they and their children will instead refuse to join the extremists and they will be killed.

Muslim countries like Turkey and Jordan are fighting against ISIS with us and they've taken in millions of Syrian refugees who've fled from Syria across their borders. They have refugee camps there and they're flooded. Hundreds of thousands of refugees get on boats or go by land to Europe, which is also fighting ISIS with us. About 4,000 refugees have died at sea or on land attempting to escape the extremism and civil war.

It's a huge problem for the EU. The Syrians coming to the U.S. and Canada have been fully vetted, screened, and approved for resettlement. We have strong national security processes. We have committed resettlement organizations expecting them on arrival. We have processes and requirements that promote assimilation. Not so with the EU.

And, because the EU no longer has the same border control policies between its countries like when I used to travel there, it makes it possible for radicalized Europeans to pose as refugees, even those on terror watch lists, and travel between its countries freely. Then, you've got ghettos in Brussels with known Belgian ISIS terror suspects who've been flagged to the Belgian government by Turkey and others sources, yet authorities in Belgium aren't watching them because they insist it's some other department's job and they don't have the budget.

Syrian refugees (of any faith) haven't committed acts of ISIS terrorism against Europe, Turkey, Jordan, the U.S., Canada or anyone else. European nationals have in the EU, some of them posing as refugees when on the run. The refugee influx combined with the lack of national security coordination in the EU has benefited those European terrorists and enabled some of them to train and have face-to-face coordination with ISIS members in Iraq and Syria. After Paris and Brussels, I think and hope the EU security agencies will be making some serious changes and the U.S.will assist and cooperate in that effort.

Anyway, you can't just "knock the hell outta ISIS" or "carpet bomb ISIS into oblvion" like Trump and Cruz proclaim. Not even multi-national coalitions who are already bombing the hell out of ISIS military/training sites and headquarters can quash them quickly by military means because to do so would mean killing as many or more civilians as terrorist soldiers.

So, it doesn't make any difference to me if vulnerable/vetted refugees (from Syria or elsewhere) are Christian, Muslim, Jewish... I don't view Muslim victims killed/displaced for refusing to participate in radical extremism as lesser victims than Christian and Jewish victims of the same radical extremism. And, terrorists are terrorists to me also, regardless of their religions.

Where I do agree with Cruz and Trump is that Middle Eastern countries, aside from just Turkey and Jordan, should be doing more in terms of refugee resettlement in their countries. I think it's disgraceful that they're not and I think that Europe, the U.S., Canada, Australia...are doing what humanitarian societies do in the meantime, namely our best to assist people in dire need rather than letting them die.

If Cruz or Trump has a realistic deal or negotiation that will encourage Middle Eastern countries to resettle more of the refugees safely, I'd love to hear it and support it.

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - Maggot - 03-30-2016

If they didn't get free stuff they wouldn't come. IMO

RE: TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE - sally - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 03:41 PM)Cutz Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 03:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I said get into the Mosques and take out Imams that are spewing hatred and Jihad.

How many catholic priests did you rat out?

I think the Catholics are just as responsible for their pedophile priests as the Muslims are for their terrorists. You're idiotic religion caters to it, they're your people. Own it.

(03-30-2016, 04:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: If they didn't get free stuff they wouldn't come. IMO

Yeah, I'm sure you're right Maggot.

The proud people of Syria, mostly Muslim but free to worship and practice any religion side-by-side in secular pre-war Syria, probably consider the death and destruction of their friends and family members, other Syrian citizens, and their country... a small price to pay for some free stuff in a foreign land.

Making it to the U.S. where they and their children will be resented by many, unable to speak the language right away, culturally different, and typically working jobs well below those they held in Syria (where they already had public health care and public education) will all be totally worth it for those free packets of Splenda at the diner and maybe a few thousand dollars worth of food stamps.

You've got their number alright.

Awhile ago I read about some of those who were fleeing, they are doctors, lawyers, engineers, professional, educated people, they are the ones who had some resources to actually try and get the hell out of there. They take what they can, their children are dying in front of them. The whole world saw the dead baby that had washed ashore. It's awful and almost all of them want nothing more than what I want, to live peacefully, to be safe in their own homes and communities.

^ Some of the refugees are doctors, and lawyers, and such. Some are construction workers, shop clerks, small business owners, farmers, cooks, janitors....it's a mixed bag. I'm sure there are some loafers in the mix too; there are always will be when you're talking millions of people. But working is a sense of pride and status in Syria, idleness is looked down upon.

Anyway, Syria was an advanced country in terms of diversity, law, freedom of religion, education, health care, employment. There was strong national pride, love of good food and art, strong communities where people help each other out in hard times.

Syria was not a third world country where the citizens would consider anywhere else or any free stuff to be a step up in terms of lifestyle or life quality. Not by a long shot. And it did not practice Sharia Law, which is what the terrorist forces want to impose.