Mock
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES (/thread-12335.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-26-2018

(09-26-2018, 02:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I’m a Republican/Conservative by nature, and I think Kavanaugh should be rejected.

I remember guys just like him in High School (think Johnny from Karate Kid), and I don’t believe for a minute that he doesn’t still have a TON of juvenile/teenager living inside him.

On the Supreme Court?

Are you kidding me?

What makes you believe that he was involved in any of it? His eyes? his body movements? his answers to any of the zillion questions he has fielded already? His school records, marriage...........what?

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Midwest Spy - 09-26-2018

(09-26-2018, 07:45 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 02:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I’m a Republican/Conservative by nature, and I think Kavanaugh should be rejected.

I remember guys just like him in High School (think Johnny from Karate Kid), and I don’t believe for a minute that he doesn’t still have a TON of juvenile/teenager living inside him.

On the Supreme Court?

Are you kidding me?

What makes you believe that he was involved in any of it? His eyes? his body movements? his answers to any of the zillion questions he has fielded already? His school records, marriage...........what?

The yearbook entries put me over the top.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Rootilda - 09-26-2018

Yeah, I can't believe all the weird, sex related things they were allowed to print. They went over everything with a fine tooth comb when I was in school.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-27-2018

I'm gonna catch as much of the hearing as I can today.

It makes me kind of sad that this is where we're at in this country. The reality show presidency has seeped into the Supreme Court.

I wouldn't care if Kavanaugh partied heavily and had (consensual sex) as a high school student...........so long as he could be a good, sober, honest, objective, non-partisan judge.

However, if he's a sexual assaulter or views women as anything less than fully equal to men, he should be tossed.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-27-2018

And, even without the sexual misconduct allegations, Kavanaugh has proven to be dishonest, in my opinion, as explained upthread.

I think his dishonesty is going to be put on full display today when he's questioned about the contradictions between the boastful claims in his yearbook vs. the virginal choirboy image he painted in the nomination hearings and the FOX interview.

Three main questionable phrases stood out from Kavanaugh’s Georgetown Preparatory School’s yearbook — "FFFFFFFourth of July,” "Devil's Triangle,” and “Have you boofed yet?”

--According to Urban Dictionary, the term “FFFF” often is an acronym for “Find ’em, Feel ’em, Fuck ’em & Forget ’em.”

--“Devil’s Triangle” refers to a threesome with two men and a woman or two women and a man. (Kavanaugh claims now that he doesn't know what the phrase means or why he wrote it because he was only 17 at the time; he says he's never had a threesome.)

--As for the phrase “Have you boofed yet?” The New Yorker reported that high school boys usually refer to the term when talking about the “practice of anally ingesting alcohol or drugs.” According to Urban Dictionary, “boofed” might also refer to getting high from smoking weed.

--The phrase “Renate Alumnius” in his yearbook referred to Renate Schroeder Dolphin. The phrase reportedly was a demeaning term used to refer to Dolphin as a sexual conquest (Kavanaugh now claims he was just talking about kissing her; she says they never once kissed and the implication is certainly not the innocent one Kavanaugh is now peddling).

Ref: https://www.ibtimes.com/brett-kavanaughs-yearbook-references-what-are-devils-triangle-boofed-fffffffourth-2719760

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Love Child - 09-27-2018

Wow, he must have been a poor nerd who just wanted to look cool to all of his athlete friends, so he wrote all of that stuff to sound so edgy.

Now 2 guys are coming forward saying they are the ones that assualted Ford. I wonder what will come of that.

Also-I thought there were other reasons that Kavanaugh was facing for not moving forward-wasn't he hiding documents-emails? What were those about? I missed if that was addressed or not.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - BigMark - 09-27-2018

[Image: 21462760_1689990121020596_19611622902400...e=5C57BD31]

(09-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Love Child Wrote: Wow, he must have been a poor nerd who just wanted to look cool to all of his athlete friends, so he wrote all of that stuff to sound so edgy.
I'm not getting the sense that Kavanaugh was a poor nerd.  Based on the accounts of those who knew him, he was popular, social, and had a lot of friends.  In any case, Kavanaugh's claims in his yearbook don't match his current claims about his high school years.  Was he lying then (as you suspect) or is he lying now?  That's the question, as I see it.

(09-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Love Child Wrote: Also-I thought there were other reasons that Kavanaugh was facing for not moving forward-wasn't he hiding documents-emails? What were those about? I missed if that was addressed or not.
I don't think Kavanaugh can be blamed for such a small percentage of his official documents being released to the Senate for review ahead of the nomination hearings.  

The Senate majority leader and Judiciary Committee are, I believe, responsible for that decision.  But, yes, that lack of full transparency was a major problem for Democrat senators prior to any sexual assault allegations.  

It was also problematic that some of Kavanaugh's answers in lower court confirmation hearings appeared to be untruthful when compared to the documents which were released, according to Democrat senators.  

Here's more detail:  
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/24/dems-officially-request-delay-kavanaugh-hearing/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/17/did-brett-kavanaugh-give-false-testimony-under-oath/

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 09-27-2018

Mark just can't quit Secretary Clinton. You're not alone, honey, neither can trump. hah

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-27-2018

She is Our Lady of Perpetual Flatulation and we LOVE her.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - BigMark - 09-27-2018

The man is innocent, and once you realize it you'll pick new reasons why he shouldn't be appointed.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Clang McFly - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 12:12 PM)BigMark Wrote: The man is innocent, and once you realize it you'll pick new reasons why he shouldn't appointed.

He's guilty as fuck. Maybe he and Cosby can share a cell and Cosby can give him a pudding pop every night.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - sally - 09-27-2018

What does she have to gain by having her life turned upside down over this? I think he's guilty.

To prevent Sir Cheeto from influencing the supreme court.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - pyropappy - 09-27-2018

If unsubstandiated allegations are now the standard, then I say Duchess and HOTD must be removed as admin because they sexually abused me last evening. Clearly this revelation is extremely disturbing and must be taken seriously. The post modernist movement has set the standard, my feelings on this are the paramount concern, and my memory of the event based on the dream sequence is all the proof I nedd to call for an FBI investigation. Therefore, I propose big mark (the best example of some one who is fat, bald and ignorant) be appointed as special consel to investigate these salacious allagations.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - pyropappy - 09-27-2018

BTW, THIS NEW FORMAT SUCKS.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-27-2018

I can only say that if this is the way things will be done in Washington with the presumption of guilt before the evidence then it may take more time than anyone really has to get anything done in the city of sludge. This type of foolery will go against both parties and nobody will be left untouched by the fickle finger of the absurd hand.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Midwest Spy - 09-27-2018

I just don’t get it... Aren’t there 100+ qualified candidates that Trump could put forward for a LIFETIME APPOINTMENT that aren’t as smarmy sounding as this guy?

Regroup and find your ‘Kavanaugh’ without the warts.

(09-27-2018, 01:52 PM)pyropappy Wrote: If unsubstandiated allegations are now the standard, then I say Duchess and HOTD must be removed as admin because they sexually abused me last evening. Clearly this revelation is extremely disturbing and must be taken seriously. The post modernist movement has set the standard, my feelings on this are the paramount concern, and my memory of the event based on the dream sequence is all the proof I nedd to call for an FBI investigation. Therefore, I propose big mark (the best example of some one who is fat, bald and ignorant) be appointed as special consel to investigate these salacious allagations.

Character and credibility have always been among the measurement standards by which potential Supreme Court Justices are evaluated.

This is a confirmation hearing, not a criminal trial.  

Anyway, if enough senators use their judgment and don't feel confident that Kavanaugh passes the muster, he sure won't be the first potential Justice to be rejected.  The bar is very high for such a powerful and influential lifetime appointment, as it should be.

I found Dr. Ford highly credible.

As for your claim that Duchess and I sexually abused you last night....................we have alibis and a corroborating witness.  We were enthusiastically rubbing Biggie's fat hairy belly and bald ignorant head all night long.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 09-27-2018

...alllllll night loooooong. *nods*