Mock
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES (/thread-12335.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Ski at 1SKY6 - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 10:37 PM)BigMark Wrote: You fucking idiots tried to sabotage this poor man's life just so the "greater good" would happen. He didn't do the shit he is accused of, you all owe him and his family an apology but your not big enough to do it. Sickness, just sickness...

[Image: 83b6c6cca3421e9a367f66c4d3b29948.gif]

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Rootilda - 09-27-2018

(09-26-2018, 02:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I’m a Republican/Conservative by nature, and I think Kavanaugh should be rejected.

I remember guys just like him in High School (think Johnny from Karate Kid), and I don’t believe for a minute that he doesn’t still have a TON of juvenile/teenager living inside him.

On the Supreme Court?

Are you kidding me?

(09-27-2018, 10:37 PM)BigMark Wrote: You fucking idiots tried to sabotage this poor man's life just so the "greater good" would happen. He didn't do the shit he is accused of, you all owe him and his family an apology but your not big enough to do it. Sickness, just sickness...

Oh fuck off, you big whiny baby.  He's a god damn pervert if not a full blown rapist.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-27-2018

Biggie, you sound like a total ignoramus every time you insist that you know something you couldn't possibly know.  You're not alone here in that regard.
All bluster and repetitive rhetoric, no substance.

You very rarely provide rationale to support  what you insist is true.   If you can't make a case (for a change) to support your insistence that Kavanaugh is definitely not guilty, your insistence is obviously meaningless.

As for me, I never claimed that Kavanaugh is guilty of sexual assault, nor that he's innocent.  However, I did find Dr. Ford more credible in her assertions than Judge Kavanaugh.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - BigMark - 09-27-2018

You raped me when I was thirteen. I have been mentally damaged ever since. What is your real name?

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-27-2018

As already noted upthread (with specific examples), my objection to Kavanaugh is based on my concerns about his inconsistency/dishonesty, judgment, blatant partisanship, and temperament.  He is not qualified for the Supreme Court regardless of the sexual assault allegations, in my opinion.

And, since Kavanaugh proved today that he can't handle heavy scrutiny /challenge  like a rational and intelligent person, he has no business being in a high-pressure position which carries so much weight and affects everyone in the country.

Pull your head out Biggie.  Kavanaugh's family is not "destroyed" and his life is not "ruined" just because he cries and rants that it is.  That's some whiny, entitled, defeatist,  drama-queen bullshit.

You and Kavanaugh could learn a thing or two from the woman who rents space in your heads, that's for sure.

[Image: 6d0.jpg]

(09-27-2018, 11:13 PM)BigMark Wrote: You raped me when I was thirteen. I have been mentally damaged ever since. What is your real name?

That was Pappy, not me.

Like Kavanaugh, I was a virgin until I was like 30.

Warning:  If you challenge me on that just because I've previously posted about having sex in my teens, I'll scream and cry like a spoiled child (or a Supreme Court Justice nominee)!!!

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Rootilda - 09-27-2018

I was raised Catholic, I lost my virginity at 20 and I can tell a sex pest fairly accurately. Kavanaugh is a sex pest.

You know, in addition to him being a probable gambling addict, rage monster and perjured liar. And he'll be our next SCOTUS because apparently none of that matters.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Love Child - 09-28-2018

(09-27-2018, 11:23 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Love Child Wrote: Wow, he must have been a poor nerd who just wanted to look cool to all of his athlete friends, so he wrote all of that stuff to sound so edgy.
I'm not getting the sense that Kavanaugh was a poor nerd.  Based on the accounts of those who knew him, he was popular, social, and had a lot of friends.  In any case, Kavanaugh's claims in his yearbook don't match his current claims about his high school years.  Was he lying then (as you suspect) or is he lying now?  That's the question, as I see it.

(09-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Love Child Wrote: Also-I thought there were other reasons that Kavanaugh was facing for not moving forward-wasn't he hiding documents-emails? What were those about? I missed if that was addressed or not.
I don't think Kavanaugh can be blamed for such a small percentage of his official documents being released to the Senate for review ahead of the nomination hearings.  

The Senate majority leader and Judiciary Committee are, I believe, responsible for that decision.  But, yes, that lack of full transparency was a major problem for Democrat senators prior to any sexual assault allegations.  

It was also problematic that some of Kavanaugh's answers in lower court confirmation hearings appeared to be untruthful when compared to the documents which were released, according to Democrat senators.  

Here's more detail:  
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/24/dems-officially-request-delay-kavanaugh-hearing/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/17/did-brett-kavanaugh-give-false-testimony-under-oath/

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I was being sarcastic about the yearbook post. I coudln't believe his explanations today-that was such bullshit. Boffing=Farting? Really? So he asked his friends if they boffed yet becuase they had constipation?! So stupid. 
And his explanations for the others were ridiculous as well.

I also found it interesting that Ford did not want to mention the person that introduced Kavanaugh to her and I found his response about Mark Judge interesting as well. 

Ford did so well today. Kavanaugh was a complete idiot.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Fry Guy - 09-28-2018

(09-27-2018, 10:43 PM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote:

[Image: 83b6c6cca3421e9a367f66c4d3b29948.gif]

Idiots say so.
But then there are others that understand that the onus of proof is on the accuser...and she has no proof. Every "witness" says they were not at such parties. She has currently 4 different narratives as to the number of people at "the party" and they can't all be simultaneously correct. She says she can't fly except for holidays and getting from one end of the country to the next to do polygraph tests. Friends have disputed her.
KAvenaugh has calendars and corroborating testimony from others supposedly at the party that there wasn't such an occasion. An occasion that she can't qualify down to the basic house, street, date, day, year, or any bloody thing.

But yes ###MEEEETOOOO

Yes some sensible people would state a person is actually innocence until proven guilty.

You are not one of those people are you. Better destroy him and his family to prop up delusional Ford

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 09-28-2018

(09-27-2018, 10:37 PM)BigMark Wrote: you all owe him and his family an apology

Ahahahahahahahahaha

*takes a breath*

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 09-28-2018

(09-27-2018, 10:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's time for the Dems (and decent Republicans) to step the fuck up and fight back if they really care about fairness and balance. I see that starting to  happen and hope it continues.

It's past time that they step up, if they can't or won't, they need to be voted out and get people elected who will. Screw this pussy footin' around bullshit.

Now the American Bar Association has gotten involved, they sent a letter requesting that the vote be delayed until a proper investigation has taken place. Many question the integrity of the man headed to the highest court in America and find it curious that an actual eyewitness was not compelled to speak. It didn't help a bit that kavanaugh wasn't interested in making an effort to clear his name and his unstable demeanor yesterday reinforced the skepticism surrounding him.

One would think a federal judge had some foresight but this one is lacking in that. He may get confirmed but he will be impeached down the road. Weird that a man who spent hours slinging snot and moaning about the affect on his family wouldn't give any thought to what that will be like for them when the impeachment shit show begins. 

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-28-2018

Justice has been served and an examination has concluded. The law of the land has spoken and the truth has been disseminated. Ford may have been attacked but there is no evidence that it was Kavenough. I blame Feinstien for putting her through all this and now that Ford has been used as a political puppet the Dems will not need her nor have anything to do with her.  If there is any lesson learned in all this it is that the Dems have shown the public the extent of their devious and selfish nature to harm and belittle anyone or anything that they believe is in their way.

The Mid-terms will reflect this type of political jury-rigging  and utter contempt for the law and the protections in place. They have shown just how pitifully and just how low they will go to wind up on top. Right or wrong.

28  Oh..my..gawd!   28

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-28-2018

Ideological differences are the main topic in today's world. Today we may even see the violence and depravity that is the left. With no hope of being correct in any way they will prove themselves today and show their true colors. It should be a great show and may even rank right up there with the day after the election.

You so funny. hah 

Yesterday kavanaugh harped on his Jesuit education and endorsement from the American Bar Association. He presented it as a character reference. Last night the leading Jesuit magazine unendorsed him and urged the withdrawal of his nomination and the ABA is calling for a hold until the FBI investigates.

kavanaugh is a liar and not worthy to sit on the bench of the highest court in the land.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - BigMark - 09-28-2018

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Fry Guy - 09-28-2018

How can the FBI investigate? Not their jurisdiction. SHE needs to log a police report? Has she? Has she got a location and a date? How about ANY supporting evidence? No? Just roll with it?

It's over, he will be the next Supreme court justice. .............................next.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 06:06 AM)Duchess Wrote: Now the American Bar Association has gotten involved, they sent a letter requesting that the vote be delayed until a proper investigation has taken place. Many question the integrity of the man headed to the highest court in America and find it curious that an actual eyewitness was not compelled to speak. It didn't help a bit that kavanaugh wasn't interested in making an effort to clear his name and his unstable demeanor yesterday reinforced the skepticism surrounding him.

One would think a federal judge had some foresight but this one is lacking in that. He may get confirmed but he will be impeached down the road. Weird that a man who spent hours slinging snot and moaning about the affect on his family wouldn't give any thought to what that will be like for them when the impeachment shit show begins. 

In normal times, a retraction of endorsement by the Jesuit Society and ABA call for specific FBI background investigation prior to confirmation would be a huge deal.  It should be a huge deal, in my opinion.  

But, I don't think it will compel the Senate Judiciary Committee to request the specific FBI investigation which is standard procedure when troubling information or allegations come to light after a political appointee/nominee has already been named and undergone a standard FBI background check.

A lot of misinformation was spewed yesterday.  A specific secondary background check for a federal appointee/nominee can only be authorized by the President, typically requested by the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.  The Democratic senators have already asked Grassley to make the request, sent letters of request directly to President Trump, and gotten into the public record that Dr. Ford has requested the background investigation while Kavanaugh has not.  

There is a specific division of the FBI that handles such investigations as a matter of routine; it's what they do.  They can complete them in a matter of a few days and have done so many times.  

But, Trump is not interested in having the named witnesses interviewed by the FBI and having more details/facts possibly ferreted out, sworn to, and documented in the course of those interviews.  If he were, he would have authorized it and the report would have been available prior to yesterday's circus.  

I think Maggot is very likely right.  At this point, there's a very good chance that McConnell's promise to "plow through" Kavanaugh's confirmation will be kept. If so, the Republican senators won't be able to shirk responsibility if Kavanaugh implodes or related irrefutable evidence comes to light after Kavanaugh's seated (or over this weekend).

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Ski at 1SKY6 - 09-28-2018

I would find it hard to respect him if I were summoned to traffic court and he were presiding. Addressing him as "your Honor" impossible. I would choke on those words.