Mock
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES (/thread-12335.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 10-01-2018

(10-01-2018, 11:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: Kavenaugh is not just fighting the Feinstien smear campaign against a Trump appointee with democrat drones and carnival barkers for the Supreme court nomination he is fighting for his name and today I believe his name is more important than the nomination. Because the media and the talking heads love to hype anything that comes under their nose. The headlines are blasted with opinion pieces that really mean nothing. Hopefully the FBI with all their partisan thugs can get things squared away for once. All of the testimony was bereft of factual evidence and I believe that is why Feinstien waited to toss it in as a hail Mary. She new it was all non factual information and who knows Ford was probably raped during one of her drunken episodes she had quite a few of them, but I do not think it was Kasaniugh.  

You didn't listen to the testimony? If you had you would have heard Dr. Ford & Senator Feinstein address their conversation in regards to Dr. Ford asking Feinstein to respect her privacy.

I worry about you. I say that sincerely.

Did an "unnamed source" corroborate that conversation?

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 10-01-2018

(10-01-2018, 11:54 AM)Maggot Wrote: Did an "unnamed source" corroborate that conversation?

Why would one have to when both parties involved addressed it?

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Midwest Spy - 10-01-2018

(10-01-2018, 11:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: Kavenaugh is not just fighting the Feinstien smear campaign against a Trump appointee with democrat drones and carnival barkers for the Supreme court nomination he is fighting for his name and today I believe his name is more important than the nomination. Because the media and the talking heads love to hype anything that comes under their nose. The headlines are blasted with opinion pieces that really mean nothing. Hopefully the FBI with all their partisan thugs can get things squared away for once. All of the testimony was bereft of factual evidence and I believe that is why Feinstien waited to toss it in as a hail Mary. She new it was all non factual information and who knows Ford was probably raped during one of her drunken episodes she had quite a few of them, but I do not think it was Kasaniugh.  

You didn't listen to the testimony? If you had you would have heard Dr. Ford & Senator Feinstein address their conversation in regards to Dr. Ford asking Feinstein to respect her privacy.

I worry about you. I say that sincerely.

This comment toward Maggot is very interesting, and I feel the same way toward a co-worker of mine.

He is obsessed with Trump, Fox News and anything that pits Liberals against Republicans.

He talks to himself all the time and I feel he’s lost his mind.

Now, I will point out, I also worry about extremists on the left as well, but I always have with them.

This Trump phenomenon is relatively new and has really created partisan politics the likes of which I feel we’ve never experienced before.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 10-01-2018

Yet the violence is mostly leftist. An example would be them chasing down people is restaurants and yelling and screaming. the right does not do that. or stop traffic.  

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 10-01-2018

I love the public shunning. Love it.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Midwest Spy - 10-01-2018

I would agree that the ‘shaming’ of Trump supporters in public places is over the top, and I’d argue, criminal, as if someone is trying to incite a riot or hope for a public lynching.

Charges should be brought against them under Hate Crimes laws.

Supporting Trump does not make someone a racist, or White Extremist, and that’s where Liberals/Democrats lose their focus (and minds).

It’s an ugly time for us, as Trump is having a polarizing effect on our country.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 10-01-2018

(10-01-2018, 11:08 AM)Duchess Wrote: That's not what all this is about at this point. It's about his lies and the fact he is partisan, partisan by his own words. He isn't worthy to sit on the bench because of that. Hopefully he'll lose his federal position as well.

Of course it's not about drinking in college on its own.  That claim misses the forest for the trees.

As you point out, it's about whether a nominee for Supreme Court Justice lied repeatedly under oath about drinking.  We know he not only made a false claim about being of drinking age in high school on FOX, he repeated the same false claim under oath on Thursday. 

In both cases, he volunteered the false information.  The legal age for alcohol in Maryland was raised to 21 before Kavanaugh turned 18 (which was the previous legal age).  

That's so easily verifiable.  He's either very careless with entering false information as evidence or straight up lying.  Either way, it's obviously not something one should ignore from a Supreme Court Justice nominee.

In regards to the yearbook, the questioning of which some people also try to minimize -- of course it's relevant that Kavanaugh had so many entries related to drinking and sex because the sexual assault allegation dates back to that time and Kavanaugh was said to be highly intoxicated during the alleged incident.

Bottom line -- some people want to get as much truth as possible and ensure that the candidate is appropriately vetted for suitability because they understand the very serious and long-standing impacts to the country; it's critical that the person who fills the role of Supreme Court Justice meets the high standards required.  Others clearly just want to obfuscate in support of Kavanaugh regardless.

I'm not sanctioning violence against people. Nononono. I'm talking about people not being accepted in society in regards to parties, dining, shit like that. Fuck you, you're off the Christmas list, bitch! Ahahahaha! Stuff like that. 

(10-01-2018, 12:24 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: He's either very careless with entering false information as evidence or straight up lying. 

I think he's straight up lying and I believe he is stunned to find himself in this position. I'd be willing to bet a lot that he firmly believed nothing would stand in the way of him getting confirmed.

...and if the case is that he was careless that only reinforces my opinion he isn't worthy of the Supreme Court.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 10-01-2018

(10-01-2018, 12:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm not sanctioning violence against people. Nononono. I'm talking about people not being accepted in society in regards to parties, dining, shit like that. Fuck you, you're off the Christmas list, bitch! Ahahahaha! Stuff like that. 

Take me off the Christmas list and I'll kick your ass!!  Or, I'll give you a free cheese platter and send you steppin'.  Smiley_emoticons_wink

Well there is the rest of the week for the FBI to substantiate any claims against Kavenaugh. Until then its all guess work. 

(10-01-2018, 12:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Take me off the Christmas list and I'll kick your ass!!  Or, I'll give you a free cheese platter and send you steppin'.  Smiley_emoticons_wink

I'll take that cheese plate. I lurve cheese.

(10-01-2018, 12:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:24 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: He's either very careless with entering false information as evidence or straight up lying. 

I think he's straight up lying and I believe he is stunned to find himself in this position. I'd be willing to bet a lot that he firmly believed nothing would stand in the way of him getting confirmed.

...and if the case is that he was careless that only reinforces my opinion he isn't worthy of the Supreme Court.

Yeah, I think he had very good reason to firmly believe that.

(10-01-2018, 12:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: Well there is the rest of the week for the FBI to substantiate any claims against Kavenaugh. Until then its all guess work. 

Your side doesn't really want to know. They'd rather let a black cloud hang over the Supreme Court. Your nominee lies like a rug and republicans don't care, they just don't.

(10-01-2018, 12:53 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: Well there is the rest of the week for the FBI to substantiate any claims against Kavenaugh. Until then its all guess work. 

Your side doesn't really want to know. They'd rather let a black cloud hang over the Supreme Court. Your nominee lies like a rug and republicans don't care, they just don't.

Your man Trump is on your side, how about that.  hah   And saying they don't care does not make it so no matter how many times you say it. I believe there are dems that are not quite kosher with what is going on and rightly so.

(10-01-2018, 01:09 PM)Maggot Wrote: And saying they don't care does not make it so no matter how many times you say it.

Why would they fake it?

Now it's being reported that the FBI has been restricted to interviewing four people, not six.

According to reports, they are not authorized to interview Judge Kavanaugh or Dr. Ford.

I really hope that's not the case, it doesn't make any sense at all if the investigation is to be credible. They both need to be interviewed by the FBI and make sworn statements regarding the specific allegation.

If it is true, I hope the FBI will push back so they're not held responsible if something major is missed and comes out later.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/brett-kavanaugh-dr-christine-ford-white-house-fbi-interview-people-list-sexual-assault-a8562976.html

(10-01-2018, 01:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:   They both need to be interviewed by the FBI and make sworn statements regarding the specific allegation.  

Yeah and ask about that Wheland dude or whatever his name is. I want to know about that far fetched mistaken identity bullshit.
I want to know if that was coordinated with kavanaugh while they were trying to figure out how best to proceed.

(10-01-2018, 01:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 01:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:   They both need to be interviewed by the FBI and make sworn statements regarding the specific allegation.  

Yeah and ask about that Wheland dude or whatever his name is. I want to know about that far fetched mistaken identity bullshit.
I want to know if that was coordinated with kavanaugh while they were trying to figure out how best to proceed.

Like Feinstein and Ford did?

(10-01-2018, 01:44 PM)Maggot Wrote: Like Feinstein and Ford did?

Huh? Elaborate, please.