Mock
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES (/thread-12335.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 09-20-2018

(09-20-2018, 05:38 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: Let's face it, her story has evolved. She doesn't remember the time, occasion or the year, number of people at the party, number of people at the party or involved in the attack, who,s place or what year. Just that Kavenaugh is the perpetrator. Named witnesses have dismissed it.
So assuming statutes of limitations haven’t run out...and they have...and assuming she stick to her latest revision and everyone who she says were there says we don't know what she was talking about...what happens? In real terms what do either of them gain? He doesnt get vindicated. He just gets a smear on his character and career. What is in it for Kavenaugh? Of course this assumes the statute of limitations has not run out and it has.
The is NOTHING to do with the law. It is solely character assassination.

Next, consider, she wanted to stay silent and changed her mind and wanted to go to the Washington Post. She wanted to have Congress hold up proceedings and hear her testimony. Congress broke protocol and allowed her that. She now doesn't want to do that on Monday and is making other demands and.....I'm sorry....she is not running Congress. She is no more a stakeholder in Congress than any other American. They have accommodated her enough. Every process except for the vote has occurred. Vote him in and she will slip away like Trump accusers and Roy Moore accusers seem to have.

Where are you getting your information in regards to her story evolving? I'd be interested in reading that too.

She has every right to due process.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - BigMark - 09-21-2018

[Image: 42135619_941749959364373_166093283483294...e=5C21CC8D]

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-21-2018

hah     Thats perfect!!!

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 09-22-2018

(09-20-2018, 05:38 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: So assuming statutes of limitations haven’t run out...and they have...

Actually, they haven't, there is no statute of limitations for attempted rape in Maryland and the Maryland AG is being pressured by the public to investigate. If our own government in DC won't do their job, someone else will step up and do it for them. Dr. Ford has every right to due process. Weird the way the person who is basically being accused of lying wants an investigation but those accusing her don't want one. Why is that, huh?

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-22-2018

A delay tactic. It might work, hopefully not and this can move on. It's not like he got even close enough to make a waitress sandwich or anything.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Duchess - 09-22-2018

(09-22-2018, 07:28 AM)Maggot Wrote: A delay tactic. It might work, hopefully not and this can move on.

Just to be clear, you have no questions regarding the mystery of his finances or the fact that he has apparently lied under oath (more than once) and there is proof to back that up, that's aside from that pesky little attempted rape accusation. You're okay with all of that and are firm in your belief he should be seated on the highest court in all the land?

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Maggot - 09-22-2018

(09-22-2018, 07:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 07:28 AM)Maggot Wrote: A delay tactic. It might work, hopefully not and this can move on.

Just to be clear, you have no questions regarding the mystery of his finances or the fact that he has apparently lied under oath (more than once) and there is proof to back that up, that's aside from that pesky little attempted rape accusation. You're okay with all of that and are firm in your belief he should be seated on the highest court in all the land?

I'm absolutely sure he is OK to use his credit card to get tickets to a game. How did he lie under oath? I don't see it. Is he guilty until proven innocent? It seems that is the consensus from the left. 

Let her get out the accusation, she has had plenty of time to do it, maybe Feinstien needs to groom her and get caught up on any info Ford has and needs some time to backwalk a few things.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-22-2018

(09-21-2018, 08:02 AM)BigMark Wrote: [Image: 42135619_941749959364373_166093283483294...e=5C21CC8D]

Smiley_emoticons_smile  I like the Weather Channel analogy, conceptually.

But, I don't think it fits the situation at all.

If the Republicans aren't concerned about the Kavanaugh nomination, they're unwise.  And, they're sure acting as if they're concerned, despite the public bravado of McConnell and company.

-- They (the Republican Senate) pushed back their self-imposed 'deadline' three times already.

-- They refuse to green-light the same FBI background investigation process which they initiated when Anita Hill made sexual harassment allegations against Clarence Thomas before his SCOTUS confirmation (so, Ford is actually in line with established protocol while the Republican Senate is attempting to buck protocol).

-- They refuse to call a named eye witness, even though he's a friend of Kavanaugh.

-- They've had Kavanaugh conferring with White House lawyers and prepping for his testimony all day, every day, since the allegation was made public (according to uncontested media reports).

-- Kavanaugh already polled as the least historically popular SCOTUS nominee before Ford's allegation.  Since then, he's actually gone underwater -- more citizens oppose his nomination than support it (which will be a big consideration for the voting senators if Kavanaugh's nomination isn't pulled).

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-22-2018

I think the biggest reason Republicans should be very concerned about Kavanaugh's nomination now is due to the asinine things they've said/done over the last couple of days, which have likely lost them some citizens who were on the fence and/or who didn't believe a bad act at 17 should be given great weight.

Over the last couple of days, I'd be surprised if the issue for a whole lotta people hasn't become as much or more about fairness, process, and Kavanaugh's honesty than it is about what happened 35 years ago, and rightfully so.

--Trump's tweet yesterday targeting Ford for not reporting the alleged assault when it happened showed total ignorance, disrespected Ford, and pissed off a lot of women (not just those on 'the left').

--McConnell publicly stating yesterday that Kavanaugh is going to be approved no matter what Ford has to say clearly confirmed that the Republican senators don't really give a shit about Ford, the vetting process, or what non-evangelical citizens think/want. The evangelicals have McConnell's balls in a vice and are using their voter bloc as a midterm threat.

The evangelicals want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court in the worst possible way because they want Roe V Wade overturned above all else (and held their noses when voting for Trump to get one step closer to that goal).

--Worst of all, in my opinion, a good friend and current adviser of Kavanaugh (Ed Whelan) floated one of those brain-dead conspiracy theories, the type which frequently hooks you, Mags, and FryGuy.

According to Whelan, a classmate of Ford and Kavanaugh could be the attempted rapist.  

Whelan went so far as to name the classmate (a school teacher), show his year book picture and suggest he bears a striking resemblance to Kavanaugh, post pictures of his home's location and layout, etc.  

Whelan is well-connected in Republican legal circles with a long history of working on judicial nominations. And, he heads a conservative Ethics group.  

He has reportedly been officially involved in the effort to get Kavanaugh confirmed.

Ford responded to the desperate and insane theory.  She said she'd socialized with both Kavanaugh and the school teacher, that she'd even visited the school teacher in the hospital, and that there is 'zero chance' she'd confuse the two.

Whelan has since apologized for his stupidity, but he's toast (I hope). If Kavanaugh and/or anyone involved in his 'prepping/strategy' sessions at the White House was aware of Whelan's plan and/or rubber-stamped it, that alone is fully disqualifying, to me.

You can read Whelan's conspiracy theory tweets here: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/21/17886430/brett-kavanaugh-news-ed-whelan-trump

Anyway, I don't know if Kavanaugh will end up sitting on the Supreme Court or not. But, unless Ford is shown to be totally unbelievable (which I don't expect), I believe a Kavanaugh confirmation will motivate a lot of Independents and Democrats (and some Republican women) to get out and vote against the Republican senators who vote in favor of his confirmation in November.

(09-22-2018, 07:46 AM)Duchess Wrote: Just to be clear, you have no questions regarding the mystery of his finances or the fact that he has apparently lied under oath (more than once) and there is proof to back that up, that's aside from that pesky little attempted rape accusation. You're okay with all of that and are firm in your belief he should be seated on the highest court in all the land?

I know you weren't asking me Duchess. But, I'm answering anyway! ')

Yes, I am concerned about Kavanaugh's gambling issue.

It goes directly to judgment (or lack thereof).

(09-22-2018, 11:14 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I know you weren't asking me Duchess.  But, I'm answering anyway!  ')  

Yes, I am concerned about Kavanaugh's gambling issue.  

It goes directly to judgment (or lack thereof).

I'm glad you did, I'm interested in all opinions.

There's something sketchy about Kavanaugh & his finances, given enough time it will be uncovered.

Regarding Whelan, before Dr. Ford's name was made public Whelan was checking out her LinkedIn page. I may have pronounced that wrong, I'm not familiar with it but anyway, it appears Whelan was looking for info on her before the public knew who she was. That shit is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-23-2018

That's sketchy.  And stupid.  I guess Whelan didn't know that LinkedIn subscribers can see who visits their page.  

Whelan sure didn't do himself or Kavanaugh any favors by creeping Ford on-line and tweeting "the doppelganger did it" theory.  It makes Whelan look like a hypocritical fool who thinks his guy Kavanaugh is guilty.  Derp.

I read that Grassley and company agreed to Ford's request to testify on Thursday and that the hearing will be open to the public.  

Unfortunately, Grassley is refusing to call any named witnesses.  I would like to hear them testify under oath, regardless as to whether that works in Ford's favor or Kavanaugh's favor. It's important context, in my opinion.

Ford reportedly named three other people she remembers being present at the alleged party.  All three of them (including Ford's good friend) told Senate members that they have no recollection of any such party.

Ford's lawyers opposed Grassley's suggestion that the Senate Judiciary Committee hire a female prosecutor to question Ford at the hearing.  There are no female Republican members on the Committee (still).  

I'd rather see the senators question Ford themselves, but I don't think Grassley is gonna cave on that one.  The Republicans know the party's already lost a lot of women and the senators on that committee aren't very astute when it comes to dealing with women's issues and concerns, to put it mildly.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - BigMark - 09-23-2018

[Image: tumblr_m9xswdkTVR1qho7avo1_500.gif]

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - HairOfTheDog - 09-23-2018

Smiley_emoticons_smile  

I was so shocked when I went into the men's room at a club way back when and there were condom machines there.  It makes perfect sense, but I'd never thought about it and none of my guy friends had ever mentioned those machines.

As of tonight, there are now three women alleging sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh.  

[Image: Benjamin-Rasmussen-Debbie_R_004.jpg]
^ Debbie Ramirez went to Yale with Kavanaugh.  

According to Ramirez, they were at a drunken dorm room party when Kavanaugh exposed himself to her and put his penis in her face, laughing and taunting her in front of the group. 

Detailed story: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

And, Michael Avenatti just tweeted that he is representing a woman with allegations against Kavanaugh and Mark Judge.

Avenatti is demanding to present the allegations at a Senate hearing if the Kavanaugh nomination is not withdrawn. He's also asking for witnesses to be subpoenaed.

Ref: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/408024-avenatti-claims-client-has-credible-information-on-kavanaugh-ex

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - Rootilda - 09-23-2018

And all of this could have been avoided if Kavanaugh wasn't an entitled jackass that assumed he deserved this exalted position and instead thought of how this would effect his wife and daughters.

RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - BigMark - 09-23-2018

Those cheap ass bathroom condoms break.