Mock
SMOKE ALARM - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: SMOKE ALARM (/thread-12565.html)

Pages: 1 2

SMOKE ALARM - Duchess - 08-09-2016

Are your smoke alarms engaged, plugged in, turned on, whatever it is that you call it? Has your cooking ever set it off?

RE: SMOKE ALARM - OnBendedKnee - 08-09-2016

Hard wired into the house. The smoke detectors have yet to go off. We did have a scare as the carbon monoxide alarm did sound a few months ago.

RE: SMOKE ALARM - SIXFOOTERsez - 08-09-2016

Wired in, had one going bad and it used to go off every time the GF would cook, even if she didn't burn anything
I even check the batteries now and then

RE: SMOKE ALARM - Clang McFly - 08-09-2016

Haven't replaced the battery in our smoke detector yet. But we don't cook so no hurry. I don't think we're in danger of an electrical fire.

RE: SMOKE ALARM - Maggot - 08-09-2016

The smoke alarm only goes off in the winter. But sometimes during the school year I press it. THAT wakes them the fuck up! hah I have to have my coffee first though.

RE: SMOKE ALARM - Duchess - 08-10-2016

RE: SMOKE ALARM - ramseycat - 08-10-2016

Hard wired pains in the ass. Thing 1 sets it off cooking.

RE: SMOKE ALARM - QueenBee - 08-10-2016

Yes. Have two. My cooking has set it off once or twice, but most often it is when I am cleaning the oven.

RE: SMOKE ALARM - sally - 08-10-2016

It's a coincidence that you posted this as smoke alarms are not exactly a hot topic and mine just happened to go off yesterday morning for no reason whatsoever. They do that occasionally and sometimes they wont stop until I replace every battery in everyone of them. I hate those son of a bitches. It did it once right as we were heading out the door to go on a two week vacation. I had to run to CVS and buy a bunch of 9 volts.

And the sound level is ridiculous, does it really have to be loud enough to result in hearing loss. They could take it down a few decibels and I'd still hear it and so would the neighbors and everyone else on the block.

(08-10-2016, 11:03 AM)sally Wrote: It's a coincidence that you posted this as smoke alarms are not exactly a hot topic and mine just happened to go off yesterday morning for no reason whatsoever.

Woooo. That's kinda Twilight Zone-ish.

RE: SMOKE ALARM - SIXFOOTERsez - 08-10-2016

(08-10-2016, 11:31 AM)sally Wrote: And the sound level is ridiculous, does it really have to be loud enough to result in hearing loss. They could take it down a few decibels and I'd still hear it and so would the neighbors and everyone else on the block.

They have to be loud as hell, most fires get started at night and a shitload of people sleep like the dead. I ain't one of them, I hear crickets fart outside and wake up.
But I know some people do

I could pass out in a puddle of puke next to the toilet after drinking a bottle of tequila and still be alarmed by that thing.

Mockers, how many rooms in your home have a landline line in it? Do any of you have a phone in your bathroom? Garage?

RE: SMOKE ALARM - SIXFOOTERsez - 08-10-2016

every room in this house is wired for phones including the bathrooms. There is a phone in the master bath and the bedroom. I have a land line, but there is no phone on it, just a fax

RE: SMOKE ALARM - Clang McFly - 08-10-2016

(08-10-2016, 01:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Mockers, how many rooms in your home have a landline line in it? Do any of you have a phone in your bathroom? Garage?

My old house in Hoosick Falls used to have a landline in the kitchen and my parent's bedroom. The only times I've had a phone in the bathroom is when I had my cellphone in my pocket and had to pee or poop.

Poop

The Moistest.

Aww hell [Image: slap.gif]

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin