Mock
WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT (/thread-12625.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - pyropappy - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 01:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I hate that he's being forced to resign while those who have done so much worse are still sitting on their Republican high horse with no plans to go anywhere. The Republicans have given their support to not only sexual harassers but to a goddamn pedophile.

“Naivete in grownups is often charming; but when coupled with vanity it is indistinguishable from stupidity.” Eric Hoffer

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Duchess - 12-07-2017

How about you kiss my ass, Pappy.

Same standard for everybody or are you like others who think different standards for different people?

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - pyropappy - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 07:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How about you kiss my ass, Pappy.

Same standard for everybody or are you like others who think different standards for different people?

Truth hurt? BTW, you bare it, I'll kiss it.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Duchess - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 07:30 PM)pyropappy Wrote: Truth hurt? BTW, you bare it, I'll kiss it.

What the hell are you talking about, "the truth"?

I have the expectation that the same standards be applied to everyone equally.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - HairOfTheDog - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 04:17 PM)pyropappy Wrote: One down, 530 to go.

They're dropping like flies.

There were 535 congresspersons before the silence breakers shook up society. Since then........

-Democratic Representative John Conyers of Michigan has announced early (forced) retirement.

-Democratic Senator Al Franken has announced he is reluctantly resigning.

[Image: trent-franks-2.jpg]
- ^ Republican Representative Trent Franks from Arizona just announced that he will step down at the end of January rather than face an Ethics Committee investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct with staffers.

[Image: 220px-Blake_Farenthold_2015.jpg]
^ Texas Republican Representative Blake Farenthold may be next on the chopping block.

He was previously secretly investigated by the Ethics Committee for sexual harassment and settled the dispute for $84,000. That's being reviewed by the Ethics Committee again.

Personally, I'm not confident that the Dems would have forced Al Franken to step down, rather than go through an Ethics Committee investigation, if (a) there had been a risk of losing his Democratic senate seat to a Republican replacement, and (b) it didn't give them a perceived strategic advantage of appearing on higher moral ground than the Republicans.

And, I very seriously doubt that the Republican House leadership would have publicly announced that there were ethics investigations underway on Franks and Farenthold if the GOP wasn't itching to cut that Democratic strategy off at the pass.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Duchess - 12-08-2017

I completely understand why he resigned. I get it but I sure woulda liked to hear him say he'd resign when Roy Moore dropped out or that he'd resign when the prez resigned.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - HairOfTheDog - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 06:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I completely understand why he resigned. I get it but I sure woulda liked to hear him say he'd resign when Roy Moore dropped out or that he'd resign when the prez resigned.

Yeah, I get it too. He was sacrificed for the perceived good of the party. The Dems seem to think they have the high moral and political ground now that they've cleaned house and the Republicans have not. But, who knows who will be accused next? Will they force out another Dem based on accusations if there's a possibility that the congressional seat could be filled by a Republican or left vacant for a long while?

Anyway, Franken didn't appear to have resigned voluntarily. I think he was confident that he'd be cleared by an ethics violation. He said some of the ass-grabbing accusations were false and he didn't view the other accusations in the same way as his accusers (though he thought how they felt was important and needed to be heard).

Regarding Roy Moore, I don't think either side wins if that dipshit is elected into the Republican senate next Tuesday. But, the Dems will definitely position and brand him as the face of Trump's Republican party.

I believe the women interviewed by the Washington Post, but question the Moore accuser who was on tv bawling her eyes out with Gloria Allred. If that accuser is revealed to have lied in her account, she casts doubt on the true victims.

Moore's a vile human being hiding behind a cross, regardless of the predator accusations. Disobeys laws that separate church and state. Condemns gays to hell. Ridicules science. Was tossed off the bench twice. Just proclaimed at a rally that the last time America was great was during slavery, and on and on...

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Maggot - 12-08-2017

I guess the voters will decide with him.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Midwest Spy - 12-08-2017

My personal opinion on Franken is that the ass-grabbing during photo ops alone wouldn’t have done him in, but combine it with 2 unwanted open mouth “kisses”, and that set his fellow female Senators over the edge. Also, the pervy pic with his hands on Tweeden’s boobs was the icing on the cake.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Maggot - 12-08-2017

Washington creeps have sure come a long way since the Crucifixion of Linda Tripp. The administration then destroyed her. Today flirting is not allowed.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Duchess - 12-08-2017

I recently read that there was a time a man could slap a woman on the ass and it was considered a compliment. hah

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - ZEROSPHERES - 12-08-2017

Roy Moore is like Donald Trump in that they both have a constituency that will follow them and vote for them no matter what they do.

[Image: 111417Natebeeler_Cagle.jpg?resize=807x807]

(12-08-2017, 08:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: I guess the voters will decide with him.

It won’t surprise me a bit if Moore gets elected.

But, I hope Alabamans are smarter than that and pleasantly surprise me by rejecting his bullshttin’ ass.

I read today that another old ignoramous who considers himself above the law and the constitution, discrimates against non-whites, and resists progress/change kickin’ and screamin’ Is considering running for senate.

Yep, recently pardoned convict Sheriff Joe of Arizona.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Duchess - 12-09-2017

(12-08-2017, 10:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I read today that another old ignoramous who considers himself above the law and the constitution, discrimates against non-whites, and resists progress/change kickin’ and screamin’ Is considering running for senate.

There's another one too. trump is trying to get that POS Paul LePage to run for Senate.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - HairOfTheDog - 12-12-2017

(12-08-2017, 09:36 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Roy Moore is like Donald Trump in that they both have a constituency that will follow them and vote for them no matter what they do.

[Image: 111417Natebeeler_Cagle.jpg?resize=807x807]

Doug Jones just beat Roy Moore's smarmy ass for Alabama Senator. 89

It's the first time a Democrat has been elected to such a high office in deep red Alabama in 25 years.

Huge win for the Dems, and a really big failure for President Trump and Steve Bannon, both of whom fully endorsed and campaigned for Roy Moore. However, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of decent Republican congresspersons are secretly breathing a sigh of relief.

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Duchess - 12-13-2017

(12-12-2017, 11:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's the first time a Democrat has been elected to such a high office in deep red Alabama in 25 years.

19 Somebody give trump his phone! Ahahahahaha!

RE: WASHINGTON DOUCHEBAGGERY & SEXUAL MISCONDUCT - Maggot - 12-13-2017

If Moore won it would reflect badly on Trump, when he lost it reflects badly on Trump. The Dems will push this type of narrative for every election. The voters decided although he lost I expected it. They now have an ultra-liberal and will have to live with it. although the headlines scream that the Republicans are on the ropes because of this election it is really not. Moore had skeletons and was outed or at least was accused of misconduct. That is the election i do not believe its a barometer of future elections.