Mock
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams (/thread-12840.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams - HairOfTheDog - 02-14-2017

[Image: fox59-background3.jpg?quality=85&strip=a...&strip=all]

Very sad news. The two 13-year-old girls who were reported missing after going on a hike yesterday were found dead. RIP Abigail Williams (left) and Liberty German (right).

There aren't many details available publicly yet. LE has only revealed the following:

-- the girls were dropped off at the Monon High Bridge Trail by a family member yesterday afternoon,

-- they were reported missing when they didn't show up at the pick up location,

-- their bodies were discovered earlier today on a riverbank at Deer Creek, less than a mile away from where they were supposed to be picked up,

-- and foul play is suspected.

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - HairOfTheDog - 02-14-2017

The last signs of life were posted on Snapchat by Liberty; she posted a snap of Abigail walking on the railroad tracks during their hike.

[Image: 3D36B46600000578-4224810-image-m-78_1487103487283.jpg]

I really wanna know what happened and who did this to Liberty and Abigail.

Hopefully, the investigation will get to the bottom of it soon.

Refs:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bodies-found-in-search-for-missing-indiana-teens-foul-play-suspected/

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - Duchess - 02-14-2017

AwfulAwfulAwful. They must have been so scared. 21

It's not my worst nightmare but something I always think about when I want to hike someplace new.

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - HairOfTheDog - 02-15-2017

(02-14-2017, 06:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: AwfulAwfulAwful. They must have been so scared. 21

It's not my worst nightmare but something I always think about when I want to hike someplace new.

At first, I wondered if it might be a case of double-suicide or murder-suicide.

But, police say the girls' phones were pinging from different locations for a while and then turned off shortly after they were reported missing. So, that seems less likely now.

Still no info as to how Abigail and Liberty were killed or whether there's any POI or suspect.

At the press conference yesterday, police were asked by a reporter if people in the community should be afraid. I thought the response below was pretty confusing for worried locals:

“I think people are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn’t feel,” Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullin replied. “Our people are very smart. They are a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation I think quite successfully.”

The reporter clarified that he asked the question because some may be concerned when they hear the words “foul play suspected” that there may be somebody “preying on people that they need to be afraid of.”

Mullin said he “understands” what he is saying, and again responded, “I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about this situation, and they’re smart enough to figure out what this situation warrants them to think. That’s all we have to say about that.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liberty-libby-german-abigail-abby-williams-delphi-indiana-girls-dead-missing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - Duchess - 02-15-2017

That ^^^^^ comment from LE sounds ridiculous to me. Is he implying that the townspeople know how they died and therefor there is nothing to be concerned about? Shit. I don't even understand the response.

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - Midwest Spy - 02-15-2017

He's definitely implying that many people know exactly what's happened.

That's what I take from that response.

(02-15-2017, 01:26 PM)Duchess Wrote: That ^^^^^ comment from LE sounds ridiculous to me. Is he implying that the townspeople know how they died and therefor there is nothing to be concerned about? Shit. I don't even understand the response.

I had no idea what the statement meant either; very weird.

Today, LE gave another update. It was clearer, but still vague. I'm not sure if LE is suggesting that the girls had secrets their parents didn't know about or if Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley is instead simply giving general parenting advice.

Here's what he said: "Be cautious and be careful and be parents," he said. "Just make sure they know where their children are at, what their children are doing and -- if nothing else -- know what's going on in their lives." http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/delphi-indiana-missing-girls-isp-ken-riley-amber-alert-would-not-have-done-any-good

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - aussiefriend - 02-15-2017

Sounds like a suicide pact. They can't talk about that in the media. They are also trying to prevent copycat incidents. The parents must be beside themselves. It's true you have to be vigilant they are sneaky at 13 and keep stuff from you. Imagine if you are not computer savvy? Kids need the strictest monitoring at that age.

Horrible awful story.

Maybe one of the girls was unaware she was about to be pushed off the bridge.

I'm guessing the girl that took the pic of her friend and posted it, was the pusher. That's where the foul play comes in.

She then went somewhere to collect herself, or gather up the nerve to complete the murder-suicide. Phone pings elsewhere.

When the gravity of the situation kicks in, she realizes she too needs to jump off the bridge.

That's how they end up together on shore, and explains why LE is not searching for anyone.

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - Duchess - 02-15-2017

I never even considered it could be suicide, it just didn't occur to me. Smiley_emoticons_slash

(02-15-2017, 08:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I never even considered it could be suicide, it just didn't occur to me. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I'm not often right, but the LE statement leads me to believe it's something like the scenario I described.

You might be right, MS. But, it could be that the girls happened across a predator or met up with someone nobody knew about. All options are still on the table for me since we don't know how the girls died.

[Image: delphi-poi.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all]

Earlier today, LE released this photo ^ of a man walking the Delphi Historic Trail at the same time that the girls were hiking there on Feb. 13. LE says they want the public's help identifying him so they can question him about what he might have seen.

LE would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/15/police-expected-to-release-new-information-in-case-of-missing-carroll-county-teenagers/

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - SIXFOOTERsez - 02-15-2017

Hmm, sounded to me like the cop just doesn't like reporters that ask stupid questions.
he may have also taken a swipe at the parents, Not sure in this day and age I would let my 13 yr old daughter do a trail like that without an adult. Maybe back in the day, but not now
Got some doubts about the suicide angle. I am betting on some predator they ran across on the trail.

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - FAHQTOO - 02-16-2017

(02-15-2017, 10:54 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Hmm, sounded to me like the cop just doesn't like reporters that ask stupid questions.
he may have also taken a swipe at the parents, Not sure in this day and age I would let my 13 yr old daughter do a trail like that without an adult. Maybe back in the day, but not now
Got some doubts about the suicide angle. I am betting on some predator they ran across on the trail.

After reading several local news articles and some comments from people who knew these 2 girls/families, I don't believe it was suicide.

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - HairOfTheDog - 02-16-2017

What's the local scoop, FAHQTOO?

I've seen some people comment that the parents shouldn't have let the girls go hiking. But, my understanding is that it was a free day from school, the trail was familiar to the girls, and it's not uncommon for teens to hang around there.

Personally, I don't think it was wrong of the parents to let the teens hike that area with arranged drop-offs and pick-ups. But, I don't know much about the girls and nothing about their families.

Yesterday afternoon, LE classified the case as a double homicide. They still aren't giving any details regarding cause of death or how the girls were found and the full autopsy is still pending, but they're looking for a killer(s).

Snip:
"This is considered a double homicide investigation, and no further information will be released at this time," Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said during a news conference Wednesday afternoon outside Delphi City Hall.

Riley and Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby had no words of comfort to offer the community. They said they wanted to protect the details of the investigation in hopes of catching the killer.

Admittedly, there is a killer — or killers — on the loose and no suspects in name or in custody, Riley and Leazenby said. They didn't comment whether this was a random act or whether the girls were targeted.

"Yes, there is somebody out there who did this, and we're going to track them down," Riley said. That dogged determination was of little comfort to a city of 3,000 people with more questions than answers.

"It's pretty scary to think somebody is running around loose up there capable of doing that," resident Verlin Bohnert said late Wednesday morning as he and about 10 other retired friends discussed the killing of the two girls over coffee at McDonald's. "I hope they catch the guy because if I was a parent, I'd be scared to death up here right now."

Ron Logan owns the land behind the cemetery where the girls were found. "To have anyone murdered on your property … I don't know what my feelings are right now. It caught me by surprise,” Logan said. "I haven’t really had a chance to let it soak in," Logan said after a brief pause to think about the day's events. "I know the families.”

Logan confirmed Riley's comments that the only way back to the hilly terrain between the cemetery and the creek is by foot.

Full story: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/15/police-tracking-down-100s-tips/97940616/

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - FAHQTOO - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 02:06 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: What's the local scoop, FAHQTOO?

I've seen some people comment that the parents shouldn't have let the girls go hiking. But, my understanding is that it was a free day from school, the trail was familiar to the girls, and it's not uncommon for teens to hang around there.

Personally, I don't think it was wrong of the parents to let the teens hike that area with arranged drop-offs and pick-ups. But, I don't know much about the girls and nothing about their families.

I haven't had a chance today to catch up on this story. I'll check in later tonight if there's any new info other than what you already have.
It never crossed my mind to question why the parents let them go hiking. They were teenagers and they were together. People a
were bashing them all over FB last night.

Thank you, FAHQTOO.

I haven't seen any new details in the media today, but FOX did compile the below timeline of what's been confirmed in the case thus far.

Monday, Feb. 13, 2017
--1 p.m. A family member drops off the girls at a trail near Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge over Deer Creek.
--5:30 p.m. The girls fail to show up at a predetermined location to be picked up by a family member. They’re reported missing.
--Monday night: A large search effort involving volunteers and multiple law enforcement agencies gets underway. They scour the area in an attempt to find Liberty and Abigail. The search is called off due to darkness.
--Midnight: Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says in a news release that there is no reason to suspect foul play or to believe the girls are in immediate danger. The biggest concern is exposure to the elements.

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017
--Morning: The search resumes with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.
--Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.
--2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that “foul play” is suspected in connection with the case.
--4 p.m. Delphi Community Schools Superintendent Gregory Briles releases a statement saying that the bodies found in the afternoon are those of two “missing Delphi Community Middle School students” despite no confirmation from police.
--7 p.m. The Delphi United Methodist Church opens for a vigil.

Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017
--8 a.m. Autopsies are conducted in Terre Haute on the bodies discovered during Tuesday’s search. Local authorities convene a meeting after the autopsies are complete.
--10 a.m. Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police provides a brief update on the investigation. He says the autopsies are complete but declines to confirm the identities or discuss a suspect or person of interest in the case. He says police have received “hundreds of tips” from the community.
--Riley advises parents to keep a close eye on their children and monitor their whereabouts.
--3 p.m. Indiana State Police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department hold a news conference confirming that the bodies found Tuesday are those of Liberty and Abigail. They say the case is being investigated as a double homicide. They say they don’t believe there’s any immediate danger to the community.
--7 p.m. Indiana State Police release a photo of a man reportedly walking on the trail around the time of the girls’ disappearance. Police say they want to talk to the individual but stop short of calling him a suspect.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timeline-disappearance-and-deaths-of-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

There's a search warrant being executed in the case right now at the house below on the 11000 block of Bicycle Bridge Road in Delphi.

[Image: dkS53ZCx?format=jpg&name=600x314]

No word as to what led LE to this home or if it's in any way related to the man photographed on the tracks around the time Liberty and Agibgail were hiking there.

LE set up a special tip line in this case and have reportedly been following up on a lot of community leads.

I'm hoping LE got a significant break in the case and answers are coming soon.

Ref: http://wlfi.com/2017/02/16/police-on-scene-serving-warrant-at-delphi-home/