Mock
BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT (/thread-12863.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Maggot - 10-24-2018

I suspect they were sent by a lefty after all they are the most violent ones. Time will tell as it always does. Kinda like when college students fake crimes and blame it on right wingers then when the proof comes out that it was staged by them the media drops the case like a hot potato. 

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Duchess - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 12:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, it's logical to suspect that whomever sent the bombs to high-profile Democrats (the same Democrats who are often the subjects of conspiracy theories and public derision by Trump) was motivated by President Trump's vitriol.

I won't be surprised a bit if that suspicion turns out to be accurate.  But, I'm not assuming anything yet.  Lots of crazies out there.

And, I fully expect the no-matter-what Trump loyalists to already be floating a conspiracy theory suggesting that the Democratic Party itself is responsible for the bomb threats.  That's their M.O.

It looks like one was sent to our former AG Eric Holder as well.

I really hope the culprit/s isn't someone who wants to make republicans look guilty. That's not helpful in the least.

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Duchess - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 12:56 PM)Maggot Wrote: I suspect they were sent by a lefty after all they are the most violent ones.

I'm now firmly convinced you're brainwashed. I feel sorry for you. It's pitiful  :(

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - HairOfTheDog - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 12:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 12:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, it's logical to suspect that whomever sent the bombs to high-profile Democrats (the same Democrats who are often the subjects of conspiracy theories and public derision by Trump) was motivated by President Trump's vitriol.

I won't be surprised a bit if that suspicion turns out to be accurate.  But, I'm not assuming anything yet.  Lots of crazies out there.

And, I fully expect the no-matter-what Trump loyalists to already be floating a conspiracy theory suggesting that the Democratic Party itself is responsible for the bomb threats.  That's their M.O.

I really hope the culprit/s isn't someone who wants to make republicans look guilty. That's not helpful in the least.

It's certainly possible.  But, personally, I doubt it.

A nutjob who is calculating enough to pull this off is sharp enough to know that the full force of government LE would be all over it, in my opinion.

This seems to me more like an act driven by hatred and/or obsessive political passion, and a willingness by the perpetrator to the pay the price if/when caught. I lean more towards this being the work of someone(s) who truly despises the targets. Hopefully we'll find out 'who' very soon.

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Maggot - 10-24-2018

I say the left is violent, you say the right is violent, that does not make you or me "brainwashed". 

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Ski at 1SKY6 - 10-24-2018

I see the US version of the German Reichstag fire coming.

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - HairOfTheDog - 10-24-2018

I think the culprit(s) will likely be identified quickly in this case. With all the surveillance cams surrounding post offices these days and with so many top government experts on the case, I think there will be a discernible trail.

Why do people refer to the NAZI's I know Ghengis Kahn was much worse and Pol Pot and Lennin and after Stalin. Not that those crazy germans were not bad they just get way to much airplay compared to all the other creeps out there.

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Fry Guy - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 01:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 12:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's certainly possible.  But, personally, I doubt it.

A nutjob who is calculating enough to pull this off is sharp enough to know that the full force of government LE would be all over it, in my opinion.

This seems to me more like an act driven by hatred and/or obsessive political passion, and a willingness by the perpetrator to the pay the price if/when caught. I lean more towards this being the work of someone(s) who truly despises the targets. Hopefully we'll find out 'who' very soon.

None of the "bombs" went off and they all were sent off and discovered "just in time" and it was just before midterms at a time when a LOT of the key races were tightening.

Yes it all seems above board.

They SHOULD easily find the sender/s BUT I bet they either will not OR IF they do they will have died in a plane crash, having a barbell accidentally fall on then, falling down an elevator, drowning in a beach, being shot in a botched robbery with nothing taken from their person or a it will be with a generic suicide note and with two shots behind the head.

I could be wrong. I would like to see how that plays out. I suspect given all security they will not find the culprit and it will be a lurking threat going into midterms and energising the Democrats.

Updates:

1. A suspicious package intended for California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters was intercepted at a congressional mail screening facility in Maryland today.

2. Bryan Paamann, an FBI special agent in charge of the counterterrorism division in New York, confirmed that devices are functional though rudimentary.  At least one of the devices appeared to contain projectiles, including shards of glass. 

3.  President Trump -- who has recently moved beyond conspiracy theories and frequent name calling to include characterizing his political opponents as "evil" -- called for unity in his remarks and said "we have to come together and send one very clear, strong, unmistakable message that threats or acts of political violence have no place in the United States of America."  He also said we'll get to the bottom of this egregious conduct.  

Let's see if the President practices what he's now preaching at his rally tonight and moving forward.

Ref: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/24/politics/bill-clinton-hillary-clinton-chappaqua/index.html

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Fry Guy - 10-24-2018

How about NO?
Hillary, Maxine and Nancy and other all support unashamedly the harassing of Republicans and this has contributed to threats, assaults, baseball shootings, harassment and ricin powder sent to Republicans and of course the below:

[Image: v7o7mx1xu5u11.jpg]

now a few of them get dodgy amateur homemade bombs and suddenly it is all on Trump to fix?

No, Fuck that. Democrats need to own this and stop passing responsibility for their actions and the environment THEY cause onto Trump. They shit the bed and demand he clean it. They need to clean up their own mess first and let him worry about him and his side.

Oh brother.   28

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - HairOfTheDog - 10-25-2018

(10-24-2018, 12:56 PM)Duchess Wrote: It looks like one was sent to our former AG Eric Holder as well.

Just got home and read that Joe Biden has also received one of the suspicious packages.

Predictably, the conspiracy theory pundits and hard-core Trump loyalists didn't waste any time doing what they do, "Democrats - fake news, fake bombs - trying to shore up their base before midterms" is the bullshit they're peddling. No critical thinking skills whatsoever.

Sending bombs (functional or not) to politicians through the U.S. postal service is a domestic terrorist threat carrying many serious charges and penalties for anyone involved.

So, it seems exceedingly unlikely that the bomb threats are a political party tactic. People who work in politics know how much law enforcement is put on terrorist threats and that such a stunt would be career ending and party suicide.

It's much more likely, to me, that this is the work of a deranged, disgruntled, or brainwashed individual(s) feeding off all the divisive and pro-violence political rhetoric.

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - HairOfTheDog - 10-25-2018

There were reportedly spelling errors on a lot of the packages (like the misspelling of John Brennan's name), but it's impossible for LE to know yet if that was intentional or not.

There was also an image on the pipe bomb sent to Brennan. I don't know if that image was also affixed to the 7 or 8 other pipe bombs too.

[Image: 181024-cnn-pipe-bomb-handout-red-stroke-...-2000w.jpg]

Snip:
An image on the explosive device sent to former CIA Director John Brennan on Tuesday appears to be a parody of an ISIS flag taken from a meme that has been circulating on right-wing corners of the internet since 2014.

A senior law enforcement official said that the image contained on the Brennan device that appears to be an ISIS flag is in fact a mocking parody of it. The official confirmed that the words “Get Er Done” were on the device.

Full story:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/explosive-device-sent-cnn-featured-parody-isis-flag-get-er-n924166

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Duchess - 10-25-2018

(10-25-2018, 02:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Just got home and read that Joe Biden has also received one of the suspicious packages.

Someone wanted to murder 12 dozen leaders of a major political party...in America FFS.

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - Fry Guy - 10-25-2018

(10-25-2018, 06:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 02:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Just got home and read that Joe Biden has also received one of the suspicious packages.

Someone wanted to murder 12 dozen leaders of a major political party...in America FFS.

They did not go off. NONE of them. Were they ABLE to go off?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/nyregion/clinton-obama-explosive-device.html

So guaranteed, these non-exploding bombs were REAL and someone wanted to murder 1⁄2 dozen leaders of a major political party? It seems like a REALLY REALLY big unsubstantiated claim.

(10-25-2018, 06:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Yeah, either the individual or group wanted to murder them, or built what experts are labeling 'functional' pipe bombs without the intent to detonate them.  Whether the intent was murder, or intimidation, or hoax..............it's domestic terrorism with severe legal penalties.

I see that outspoken Trump critic Robert DeNiro is the newest target identified.  His Tribeca Grill restaurant in NYC reported receiving a suspicious package early this morning.  

LE is examining it, along with the other 9 pipe bombs intercepted thus far.

After his statement yesterday calling for unity, President Trump went back to his usual unpresidential self.  He's using the threats as an opportunity to blame the main stream media for not being positive enough in their coverage of him.  

I'm not surprised, but it is disappointing.

Fortunately, government security and law enforcement agencies are busy trying to locate any other pipe bomb packages which may be circulating and holding violent political individuals and groups accountable.  

Some of the violent right-wing groups, like the Rise Above Movement (RAM), have been profiled and praised by non mainstream media (like the racist 'Daily Stormer').

Yesterday, the leader and three members of a California-based white supremacist group were charged with attacking counter-protesters, journalists and a police officer at political rallies throughout the state in 2017, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles said Wednesday.

The men and other members of the "Rise Above Movement" sought to "organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on riots" in Huntington Beach, Berkeley, San Bernardino and the deadly Charlottesville rally, the office said.

[Image: 25rundo-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto...le=upscale]

^ Robert Rundo, 28, who allegedly founded the group, was denied bail Wednesday after first appearing in court on Monday. He'd fled to Central America and was arrested at L.A. International Airport.

"Every American has a right to peacefully organize, march and protest in support of their beliefs – but no one has the right to violently assault their political opponents," U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California Nick Hanna said in a statement.

"The allegations describe an orchestrated effort to squelch free speech as members of the conspiracy traveled to multiple locations to attack those who hold different views."

Rundo and two of the men charged in Virginia celebrated Adolf Hitler’s birthday this spring in Europe, where they met with other white supremacy extremist groups, according to the affidavit.

The four men charged in California could face up to 10 years in federal prison if found guilty.

Refs:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/10/24/robert-rundo-rise-above-movement-charlottesville-huntington-beach-berkeley/1755798002/
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/us/fbi-white-nationalist-robert-paul-rundo-rise-above.html

RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - BigMark - 10-25-2018

He fled and came back or tried to fled?

(10-25-2018, 10:29 AM)BigMark Wrote: He fled and came back or tried to fled?

From the NYT link:

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. arrested the leader of a violent California neo-Nazi gang on a federal conspiracy charge after he fled the country earlier this month.

Robert Rundo, 28, of Huntington Beach, Calif., is being held at the federal jail in downtown Los Angeles. He was charged in a criminal complaint that was unsealed Tuesday.

Mr. Rundo apparently crossed into Mexico two weeks ago from California and then made his way to Central America. He was later brought back to the United States, where he was arrested Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport...