Mock
BASIC NECESSITIES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: BASIC NECESSITIES (/thread-12912.html)

BASIC NECESSITIES - Duchess - 04-25-2017

Worse case scenario - our power grid is attacked and we lose electric across America. No heat, no lights, nothing of that nature but it affects everything from travel to banking. Would you be okay? Can you hunt and fish, handle a weapon? Could you keep yourself and others safe? Could you build a fire?

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-25-2017

I would be good to go.
I have skills including at least 7 or 8 fire making methods, Weapons, stored ammo, water making capabilities and some stored foods. long life stuff like beans, rice, pasta.
Fishing is pretty easy here as you might expect but it might not take long for the small bodies of water to get fished out.
Hunting is another matter, I have skills for that too, but there is not much to hunt very close by.

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - Midwest Spy - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 01:40 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I would be good to go.
I have skills including at least 7 or 8 fire making methods, Weapons, stored ammo, water making capabilities and some stored foods. long life stuff like beans, rice, pasta.
Fishing is pretty easy here as you might expect but it might not take long for the small bodies of water to get fished out.
Hunting is another matter, I have skills for that too, but there is not much to hunt very close by.

Dogs & Cats?

Dogs and cats would be first to go. We also have tasty eguanas and reticulated pythons.

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - sally - 04-25-2017

Why not squirrels, coons, possums and armadillo? I've got a BB gun and enough vegetables left in my garden to make a tasty stew in a flash.

The squirrels are about the size of a medium rat, coons and possums would work, haven't seen a diller around here in a few years
However I do have recipes for all the above

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - Duchess - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 05:14 PM)sally Wrote: Why not squirrels, coons, possums and armadillo? I've got a BB gun and enough vegetables left in my garden to make a tasty stew in a flash.

Knowing how to tend a vegetable garden is a skill a lot of people don't have, plus you can probably do a lot with next to nothing when it comes to preparing food.

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - Duchess - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 05:29 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: The squirrels are about the size of a medium rat, coons and possums would work, haven't seen a diller around here in a few years
However I do have recipes for all the above

They eat muskrat here. Some restaurants actually put it on the board out front as a draw. Gawd.

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - Clang McFly - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 01:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Worse case scenario - our power grid is attacked and we lose electric across America. No heat, no lights, nothing of that nature but it affects everything from travel to banking. Would you be okay? Can you hunt and fish, handle a weapon? Could you keep yourself and others safe? Could you build a fire?

I'd survive as long as I had a can opener and until the canned food ran out and the fresh fruits and vegetables went rotten and ran out. Loot early, loot often. Then I'd starve to death.

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - Maggot - 04-25-2017

I would be fine. I'm not addicted to gadgets.

RE: BASIC NECESSITIES - BigMark - 04-25-2017

There would be a lot more stick whittling that's for sure.