Mock
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS (/thread-13145.html)

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - HairOfTheDog - 03-12-2019

Lots going on in the Russia interference and spin-off investigations this week.

[Image: 180914-manafort-mn-1250_a0084eadffbb2bcc...t-760w.jpg]

Tomorrow, Wednesday 3/13/2019, former Trump campaign director Paul Manafort will be sentenced for his two felony conspiracy convictions.  He received a sentence of just under 4 years from Judge Ellis for his felony financial convictions in Virginia last week and faces up to 10 additional years at the discretion of Judge Jackson in DC tomorrow.

(continued)

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - HairOfTheDog - 03-12-2019

[Image: flynn-sullivan-1.jpg?w=640]
Tonight, 3/12/2019, former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn requested another extension to his sentencing. 

In December 2018, DC Judge Sullivan rebuked Flynn and recommended that he continue cooperating with Mueller's team for 90 more days before being sentenced, for his own good.  

That 90 days is almost expired and Flynn's team is asking for an extension, which Judge Sullivan will consider tomorrow.  Mueller's team reportedly is taking no stance on the request.  

(continued)

[Image: roger-stone-judge-featured.jpg?quality=9...410&crop=1]
A couple of weeks back, Trump confidante and strategist Roger Stone (right) was charged with lying to Congress and obstructing justice regarding his communications with WikiLeaks in regards to release of  stolen emails from the DNC to benefit Trump during the 2016 election. 

A gag order was issued by DC Judge Jackson (left), barring Stone and his legal team from propagating any further publicity related to the case.  

However, Stone thereafter posted a photo of a gun and Judge Jackson on Instagram and also failed to reveal that he had forthcoming book material attacking Mueller's investigation posted on-line.  Yesterday, his attorneys apologized and told the court that it was an unintentional violation of the gag order.  Judge Jackson will reportedly rule on the alleged gag order violations on Thursday.

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Maggot - 03-13-2019

I believe Meullars report was leaked and Pelosi backed off from impeachment talks because there is no evidence of collusion. I would go one or two steps further and say that the FBI leaked it intentionally and that there is another investigation into DNC/Clinton/Russian collusion. But that is my opinion. Be that as it may be. 

The investigation continues............

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Blindgreed1 - 03-13-2019

Maggot Wrote:I believe Meullars report was leaked and Pelosi backed off from impeachment talks because there is no evidence of collusion. I would go one or two steps further and say that the FBI leaked it intentionally and that there is another investigation into DNC/Clinton/Russian collusion. But that is my opinion. Be that as it may be. 

The investigation continues............

Plausible. I also feel like she doesn't want to distract her media pals during the upcoming court proceedings.

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - HairOfTheDog - 03-13-2019

Nancy Pelosi was never pushing or advocating for impeachment of Trump; just the opposite.

Maxine Waters and a couple of the Democratic freshman congresspersons have been advocating for impeachment however. 

Pelosi has consistently cautioned against such premature talk/action from the get-go, instead repeatedly announcing that the evidence needs to be seen before determining whether any congressional action (which may not include impeachment) is warranted and prudent.

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Maggot - 03-13-2019

Pelosi was then wasn't after the Dems took the house. But others are trying. yes.

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Fry Guy - 03-13-2019

(03-12-2019, 10:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Lots going on in the Russia interference and spin-off investigations this week.

[Image: 180914-manafort-mn-1250_a0084eadffbb2bcc...t-760w.jpg]

Tomorrow, Wednesday 3/13/2019, former Trump campaign director Paul Manafort will be sentenced for his two felony conspiracy convictions.  He received a sentence of just under 4 years from Judge Ellis for his felony financial convictions in Virginia last week and faces up to 10 additional years at the discretion of Judge Jackson in DC tomorrow.

(continued)

Doesn't seem like any of that has a damn thing to do with Russia. I thought Trump and his Administration colluded with Russia? I have been promised for two years proof that Trump and his Administration colluded with Putin to win the 2016 election and that Trump was taking his lead from Russia.

Is this not all true? Why would Left Wing Media, Democrats, Intelligence Agencies and Hollywood Talking Heads all lie to me?

(03-13-2019, 10:15 AM)Maggot Wrote: Pelosi was then wasn't after the Dems took the house. But others are trying. yes.

Correct

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - HairOfTheDog - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 10:15 AM)Maggot Wrote: Pelosi was then wasn't after the Dems took the house. But others are trying. yes.

No, Pelosi never advocated or pushed for impeachment of Trump, not before and not after the Dems took the House.  She didn't back the early impeachment petitions and always stated that it was premature to go there.  

Now that she's Speaker of the House, she's trying to tamper some of her caucus and her recent statement was more strongly worded.  

Pelosi has been consistent in her view that impeachment should be avoided unless a President does something so blatantly threatening to the country that there's no alternative.  She made it clear publicly that she didn't back calls for impeachment of George W. Bush over the Iraq lies and corruption when other Dems were pushing for it and she won't support impeachment of Trump unless there's evidence of even worse on Trump's part.

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Fry Guy - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 10:33 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

No, Pelosi never advocated or pushed for impeachment of Trump, not before and not after the Dems took the House.  She didn't back the early impeachment petitions and always stated that it was premature to go there.  

Now that she's Speaker of the House, she's trying to tamper some of her caucus and her recent statement was more strongly worded.  

Pelosi has been consistent in her view that impeachment should be avoided unless a President does something so blatantly threatening to the country that there's no alternative.  She made it clear publicly that she didn't back calls for impeachment of George W. Bush over the Iraq lies and corruption when other Dems were pushing for it and she won't support impeachment of Trump unless there's evidence of even worse on Trump's part.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/us/politics/pelosi-impeaching-trump.html

Sure.

As she prepares to resume her role as House speaker, Nancy Pelosi told TODAY she isn't ruling out the idea that Trump could be indicted or impeached while in office.

link

Like I said I believe she has seen Meullers final draft and is moving past it to other attempts. But it will never stop at any rate.  

She sure has us trained well!    hah

That NYT article is consistent with my comment.

Pelosi is not and has not advocated or pushed for Trump impeachment at any time during his presidency.

Unless there's evidence of something compelling, overwhelming, and impeachment is supported by both parties......she believes it's too divisive to the country and would have negative impacts on the Democratic party.  

Whether one likes her or not, that's her position and she's been consistent.  It's false to claim that she's reversed course for any real or imagined reason.

Ok that's great, as long as she's not ruling out the possibility that Trump could be indicted or impeached.  hah

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Blindgreed1 - 03-13-2019

HairOfTheDog Wrote:
Maggot Wrote:Pelosi was then wasn't after the Dems took the house. But others are trying. yes.

hah  mmmmokaaaayyyy

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Duchess - 03-13-2019

If you don't agree and believe it's not true then post up something that contradicts that so I can read it too. Thanks!

(03-13-2019, 11:10 AM)Maggot Wrote: Ok that's great, as long as she's not ruling out the possibility that Trump could be indicted or impeached.  hah

No one should ever rule out the possibility for any President.  There's a reason why the Constitution allows for impeachment, with cause and evidence.

Nancy Pelosi is not now and has never been someone who has pushed/advocated for the impeachment of a President during her long political career.  That's a fact, not an opinion and nothing you guys are posting contradicts that fact.  

Pelosi didn't support impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton.  She didn't support impeachment proceedings against George W. Bush.  And, she hasn't supported impeachment proceedings against Donald Trump thus far, however  the evidence uncovered during the Mueller investigation has not yet been revealed.  

As she's stated, if there is compelling and overwhelming evidence to warrant impeachment and both Democrat and Republican lawmakers support proceedings, that door is obviously open to Congress.

OK lets try this....................If I say "I'm not ruling out that I may shoot my neighbors dog because he barks all the time" it does not mean that I am endorsing it. Right? And I'm not pushing that agenda.

Manafort Federal Sentencing Finalized; New State Indictment Released

Judge Amy Berman Jackson sentenced him to 60 months on the first count, running concurrently to 30 months of the 47-month sentence imposed in his Virginia case last week.

She also sentenced him to 13 months on the witness tampering count to be served consecutively with the count one sentence and his Virginia sentence.

The combined sentences of 90 months amount to seven-and-a-half years.

The judge also ordered Manafort to pay one-time restitution of $6.16 million to the Internal Revenue Service, the same amount he was sentenced to pay in the Virginia case.

After he was sentenced in DC for the last of his federal convictions, The New York state District Attorney's office unsealed an indictment of Paul Manafort,  charging him with residential mortgage fraud and other New York state crimes "which strike at the heart of New York's sovereign interests."

Refs:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/paul-manafort-charged-york-mortgage-fraud-york-state/story?id=61657439
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/facing-47-months-jail-virginia-case-paul-manafort/story?id=61631816

RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - Duchess - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 01:01 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: After he was sentenced in DC for the last of his federal convictions, The New York state District Attorney's office unsealed an indictment of Paul Manafort,  charging him with residential mortgage fraud and other New York state crimes "which strike at the heart of New York's sovereign interests."

That was my favorite part of all the drama! I did not see that coming.