Mock
Should Oprah run for President? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Should Oprah run for President? (/thread-13217.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Should Oprah run for President? - Maggot - 01-08-2018

I think she should and believe she would do well in 2020.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - Clang McFly - 01-08-2018

Yes, With Vice President Michelle Obama.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - HairOfTheDog - 01-08-2018

I never watched Oprah and don't know her political beliefs. But, I imagine she's a Democrat or an Independent.

If she wants the job and thinks she can do as good or better at running the country as the other candidates from her party and opposing parties, I don't see any reason she shouldn't run. She might pull a lot of votes from a more viable candidate and face backlash for thus bettering the odds for the opposing party. But, it's a (virtually) free country and people should have equal rights to pursue their goals.

Oprah strikes me as very sharp. And, she's definitely articulate, successful, and inspiring to many. She's also got the money to fund a campaign, which is sadly virtually a requirement for candidates unless they want to be puppets for one of the two main parties -- hopefully, that will change with serious campaign finance reform getting passed somewhere down the line. Hopefully.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - BigMark - 01-08-2018

I just don't see her doing to much running.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - HairOfTheDog - 01-08-2018

Hardy har, Biggie.

If a nearly 70-year-old, generally pessimistic, overweight, Big Mac-scarfing, reality-tv star can run it to the finish line.............why don't you think a middle-aged, more optimistic, (newly) fitness-focused, talk-show host and correspondent can run like the wind?

Could it be because you're a sexist?!?!

I mean, you had Hillary Clinton on her deathbed a couple of years ago and she's still kicking (and sometimes screaming). Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - BigMark - 01-08-2018

Maybe you can change the title of the thread to jog walk.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2018

(01-08-2018, 11:23 PM)BigMark Wrote: Maybe you can change the title of the thread to jog walk.

Well, if my man Bernie decides to join the race, such a thread title edit won't be necessary for him.

He still takes to the field with his bros thrice a week.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-03-18-at-10.28.37-AM-400x267.png]

That's Ben Carson in the red coat, keeping the boys on track.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - Carsman - 01-09-2018

Yes!

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - Maggot - 01-09-2018

I am probably drawn to her because she's not a politician, she may give away cars and beauty products to people and that would be nice. She's black she's a woman so she already has support by some groups that feel that's very important.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - Duchess - 01-09-2018

A firm no from me. She has a very nice life and she shouldn't give it up to work for a bunch of ingrates. Fuck the little people. Stay away, Oprah, stay far, far away.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - Tammy75 - 01-09-2018

(01-09-2018, 03:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

A firm no from me. She has a very nice life and she shouldn't give it up to work for a bunch of ingrates. Fuck the little people. Stay away, Oprah, stay far, far away.

Blowing-kisses

Exactly! Who wants every single move they make to be recorded by the media---real or fake.

I find my facebook feed hilarious since Sunday. So many are saying hell no about Oprah and I watched a Larry King video from years back that showed an interview with donnie saying he would love to run and would likely chose Oprah as his VP.

Sounds bi-partisan and would be a great start!

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - BigMark - 01-09-2018

Why does her sexual orientation matter?

Please keep your Oprah sexual fantasies to yourself. Think about the children! The kids!

Oh fart knocker. Failure to quote. Ugh.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - sally - 01-09-2018

I don't like her. She's an average intelligent woman (perhaps even below intelligence when I hear her speak sometimes) who has made her money by appealing to America's idiotic population which is large. Just like Jerry springer or any other talk show host. She has the charisma and character to appeal to the masses of idiots in this country. Does that make her worthy of the presidency? I guess so since Trump did it too, but she'll be a puppet like him just fucking things up more than what they already are. I predict much worse.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - Carsman - 01-10-2018

(01-09-2018, 05:34 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh fart knocker. Failure to quote. Ugh.

That happens more often then not, that must have some deep down underlying meaning! hah

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - Duchess - 01-10-2018

(01-10-2018, 12:12 PM)Carsman Wrote: That happens more often then not, that must have some deep down underlying meaning! hah

It appeals to my sense of order when the conversation flows as it would in person. I think that's why I often don't quote, it breaks up the flow.

...but, fuck if I know.

RE: Should Oprah run for President? - HairOfTheDog - 01-10-2018

(01-09-2018, 07:57 PM)sally Wrote: I don't like her. She's an average intelligent woman (perhaps even below intelligence when I hear her speak sometimes) who has made her money by appealing to America's idiotic population which is large. Just like Jerry springer or any other talk show host. She has the charisma and character to appeal to the masses of idiots in this country. Does that make her worthy of the presidency? I guess so since Trump did it too, but she'll be a puppet like him just fucking things up more than what they already are. I predict much worse.

I wish the average woman (and man) was as intelligent or more intelligent than Oprah; the world probably be in better shape. But, that seems like a very unlikely assertion.

In your opinion, Oprah is intelligent enough to appeal to the majority of Americans who must therefore be idiots, but she's not as intelligent as the fools she fools? That's like saying Trump isn't more intelligent than the people who believe and defend everything he says, even when he's clearly lying.

Anyway, Oprah doesn't sound less intelligent than the average woman (or man) to me, though I neither really like or dislike her. And, I think it quite likely takes more than average intelligence to make it to the very top on your own terms as a poor, black, overweight woman in a male-dominated industry (especially starting out at a time when race, gender, and appearance discrimination was more rampant and silently accepted).

Then again, it could be that I see it differently than you because I must be less intelligent than the average idiot female. ')