Mock
NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 (/thread-13374.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2018

You watching MS and koko?

The Celtics and the Rockets are looking good.

This year’s finals might not be another Warriors / Cavs showdown.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-22-2018

The Warriors and the Cavs have come back strong.

West
[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
Steph Curry got his groove back on Sunday and the Warriors beat the Rockets by 41 points. Iggy, Klay, and Durant are fun to watch, as is James Harden for the Rockets.

Harden is the front runner for league MVP, to be announced June 25. He deserves it, in my opinion.

Chris Paul is a great player too. I loved him with the Clippers and he's been a big asset to the Rockets. On Sunday, the Warriors really neutralized him though. I'm anxious to see how he does tonight.

The series is now 2 - 1 Warriors with game 4 going down tonight.

East
[Image: LeBron+James+Terry+Rozier+Cleveland+Cava...glr_Jl.jpg]

The Cavs / Celtics series is tied 2 - 2.

LeBron got around Terry Rozier all night long in game 4 and the Cavs won by 11 to tie the series.

Games 5 takes place tomorrow night.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - Midwest Spy - 05-22-2018

HotD, I really don’t mean to ignore you... but can you blame folks around the country (minus Bay Area and Ohio) for their apathy?

It’s a 2 team league and very boring for the rest of us.

I played today (at 51 years and 10 months) and can still knock down 3’s (college range) and pull up 18 footers off the dribble.

I love basketball, just wish the NBA wasn’t so predictable.

No worries MS. I understand.

It would be kinda cool if the Rockets and/or Celtics made it to the championship series.

It could happen.

(05-22-2018, 02:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: No worries MS. I understand.

It would be kinda cool if the Rockets and/or Celtics made it to the championship series.

It could happen.

I agree.

However, after that 41 point beatdown the Dubs put on Houston, and the C’s feeling the noose tighten, it would seem doubtful.

My dilemma, as a fan of the NBA, is who do I pull for when GS-CLE happens for a 4th consecutive year??!!

Probably CLE, since they are nowhere near as stacked as GS, but donhave arguable the best of all time on their side.

When the Warriors are humming, like they were the other night, they are unstoppable. I don’t see HOU, CLE or BOST being able to beat them 4 times in a 7 game series.

Yeah, I think the Warriors are virtually unbeatable if they're in the groove and everyone stays healthy. But, you're right -- even if not EVERYONE stays healthy, there's still enough versatile talent on hand to make a series victory very challenging for the competitor.

But.............James Harden is really outstanding most of the time and you never know. An upset could happen.

I do agree it's more likely that the Celtics could beat the Cavs in this series and make it to the championship. The Cavs aren't smoking the Celtics, even when Kyrie and Gordon Hayward aren't on the court.

Harden is a beast, and probably the hardest person to guard 1 on 1 in the league.

Overplay his jumper, and he’ll take you to the rack. Ask him to shoot from 3? He welcomes it.

I read he made something like 188 ‘step-back 3’s’ this season.

That shot is unguardable, even with a taller defender on him.

He’s well-spoken and carries himself professionally.

He’ll win MVP this year, but I don’t believe he has enough around him to beat GS.

Harden is proving you right tonight MS. He's all over it. This is an exciting game. Three point lead for Houston with only minutes left on the game clock and Curry at the free throw line.

Well, the Warriors lost a playoff game at home -- for the first time since the 2016 season. Great final quarter comeback for the Rockets.

So, the series is tied 2 to 2.

And, we have to play in Houston for game 5.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - Midwest Spy - 05-23-2018

Well, leave it to me to jinx the Dubs and declare they’re unbeatable.

lol

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 01:27 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Well, leave it to me to jinx the Dubs and declare they’re unbeatable.

lol

I think you planted the infamous 'MS kiss of death' on us, on purpose! hah

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-23-2018

This is very cool.

The Rockets are giving free tickets for tomorrow night's game to 300 Santa Fe High School seniors as part of their community support efforts.

The team will also conduct a pre-game memorial to honor the deceased victims and pay tribute to the first responders and survivors.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/23/17384036/rockets-santa-fe-high-school-game-5-tickets

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - Midwest Spy - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 01:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 01:27 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Well, leave it to me to jinx the Dubs and declare they’re unbeatable.

lol

I think you planted the infamous 'MS kiss of death' on us, on purpose! hah

When Houston won last night, it was the first thing I thought.

Dang, I’m powerful!

If I could’ve only had something back in the day that would’ve had the ladies walk up to me and say ‘Tske me now!’

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-24-2018

I didn't get to see tonight's game, but just saw the recap.

The Celtics beat the Cavs by 13 in Boston. Rookie Jayson Tatum was a great acquisition for Boston. They've got some good young talent on the roster.

Charles Barkley has the Celtics beating the Cavaliers in 7. I'm anxious to see if the Celtics can keep it up when the series heads back to Cleveland on Friday.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-25-2018

lol

Unfuckingbelievable. Right now, I'm hating on you big time, you cursed jinxman!

Since your death kiss was planted, we lost our first playoff game at home since 2016 and we lost back to back playoff games for the first time since 2016 as well.

I'll stop blaming you by tomorrow though and shift the blame/credit to the Rockets, where it really belongs. ')

These conference finals are turning out to be way more exciting than anticipated. Both the Warriors and the Cavs are down a game headed into Game 6.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - koko - 05-25-2018

I nearly had a stroke watching the ECF game 5. Good Lord. I'm now convinced Ty Lue is a fucking moron.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 01:40 AM)koko Wrote: I nearly had a stroke watching the ECF game 5. Good Lord. I'm now convinced Ty Lue is a fucking moron.

I felt the same way watching last nights WCF game 5. We were so sloppy and blew some opportunities to tie or win the game in the final seconds.

I love coach Kerr though.

Anyway, good luck tonight koko. It's a home game for the Cavs, so I'm betting they're gonna take it and tie up the series.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - koko - 05-26-2018

Boston is going to be ready at home tomorrow. So I'm nervous.

Kinda sucks to not have Kevin Love...but he also hasn't been playing his best lately, so.. meh. Hopefully he is fine in a few days ?

Korver and Nance both NEED to see more minutes. And JR Smith may need to see fewer of them. Unless he visits his barber before the game...seems to play better when he's got a fresh line up. I think Jose Calderon needs to see more playing time too, especially if JR isn't doin so hot.

Have either of you seen Cedi Osman play?

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-26-2018

We're at home tonight for WCF game 6, thankfully. I think (hope) we'll pull out a win if we don't get sloppy in the final minutes like we did last game.

Iggy had been playing great through the series; he's such a cool person and a pro on the court. He was out the last two games with a bruised knee bone and I think that was a factor in our back-to-back losses. I've been checking throughout the day to see if he'd be released to play tonight. Just saw that he'll be out for tonight's game too. :(

I've seen very little of Cedi Osman because I didn't catch much of the regular season. But, he's a cutie and from the little I've seen, he has really good court sense and timing for a rookie; one to watch.

RE: NBA PLAYOFFS/FINALS 2018 - HairOfTheDog - 05-26-2018

Klay and Draymond. 109

LeBron and Steph were both on fire to keep their teams from getting eliminated in game 6 too.

Sucks for the Rockets that Chris Paul is out with another hamstring injury. Iggy might not be able to play in game 7 for the Warriors. Kevin Love is iffy for the Cavs.

I feel bad for the rookies who get thrown in to guard Harden and Curry, but what a learning experience.

Anyway, for the first time since 1979.......both the ECF and WCF go to 7 games. The Cavs are in Boston on Monday and the Warriors are in Houston on Tuesday.