Mock
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. (/thread-13570.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 11-03-2018

(11-03-2018, 01:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: Believe it or not but I tend to believe what he said more than what any media outlet in the States that tend to have a slant either right or left on the matter.

You choose to believe someone who immigrated here many years ago rather than believe those in a position to assess the situation now. Got it.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-03-2018

someone without an agenda or narrative, got it.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 11-03-2018

How do you know, are you familiar with Maggot's Argentinian customer?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 11-03-2018

Speaking of intelligence agencies shitting the bed, this article might interest some of you.

U.S Law Enforcement Failed To See The Threat Of White Nationalism, Now They Don't Know How To Stop It

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/03/magazine/FBI-charlottesville-white-nationalism-far-right.html

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 11-03-2018

(11-03-2018, 07:29 PM)Rootilda Wrote: U.S Law Enforcement Failed To See The Threat Of White Nationalism, Now They Don't Know How To Stop It

A white nationalist killed two women and shot five others in Florida yesterday. His racist views are documented. In little more than a week we had the MAGA bomber, the guy who killed the blacks in a supermarket, the dude who slaughtered Jews in their place of worship and now this guy, and some of you sneer at me when I say we have more to fear from white American men than brown immigrants. Suck it!

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Love Child - 11-03-2018

I know that a wall will not protect me or make me any safer. I sneer not. I know who I need protection from.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 11-03-2018

You've got it "ass-backward" as you Americans say.
It's estimated that there are around 10000-20000 white supremacists in US. In a population of 380 million, that is tiny. But a collection of them marching and or organising is a worry. Even one of them running around armed and with bad intent is horrific.

They should be reigned in, investigated and where possible arrested, charged and put behind bars.

The same should be said about gangs and cartel members and ISIS supporters. All of these people are a threat and only a very stupid person would dare argue they weren't.

In the caravan, it is not up for question as to whether there are MS-13 members in there, the Mexican government has confirmed it. They have also confirmed there are Middle Eastern men in the caravan and that 70% of the caravan are able bodied men NOT women and children.

So pretending that the caravan is just families fleeing for their lives is not just dishonest or uninformed but is silly. Almost as silly as pretending they do not pose any real threat.

Quite simply, it's a stupid narrative.

What is on another level of stupid though is to say "white American men" are "the danger". All white American men? Which? The ones that kill in the name of white supremacy? That is not all white men. If we can assume most of the 20000 white supremacists are white men, you would be looking at about 15000 people. Issue with THEM or white American men in general because if you say 60% of Americans are white and 50% of these folks are male, then white male supremacists probably make around 1 in every 7600 white men.

Pretending white American men, in general, are a danger because 1 in 7600 is a white supremacist is deliberately dishonest. Being concerned or fearful or seeing danger from white supremacists is rational and reasonable

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-03-2018

(11-03-2018, 02:58 PM)Rootilda Wrote: How do you know, are you familiar with Maggot's Argentinian customer?
Argentina, Venezuela, tomato toemato.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 11-04-2018

I know what there is to fear out there and it's not a brown skinned immigrant but I don't mind y'all clutching your pearls and worrying about a made up crisis, it's amusing.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 05:39 AM)Duchess Wrote: I know what there is to fear out there and it's not a brown skinned immigrant but I don't mind y'all clutching your pearls and worrying about a made up crisis, it's amusing.

Actually you and I know that no one here has said ANYTHING about a person's race being the fear....well that is not exactly true, you have.

I am sorry but I do not think anyone here buys it. I don't think anyone else here gives a damn about a person's skin colour. Why you do is lost on me.

People here do have concerns about crazy white supremacists, with good reason. People here do have concerns about Isis supporters with reasonable concern. People here do have concerns about cartel members and MS-13 gang members. They do have concerns about Antifa who are domestic terrorists and reasonably so. People here also have concerns about others who collectively have indifference or bad intent and are threats to the citizenry.

None of these concerns are predicated on race and it would be beyond dishonest to pretend that they were or that you would stifle debate by inserting a strawman of "brown-skinned" immigrant to set up the binary choice of either we accept all immigrants or are completely intolerant and racists for not.

Don't be that person, Duchess, you are better than that and so are we.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 06:03 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: Actually you and I know that no one here has said ANYTHING about a person's race being the fear....well that is not exactly true, you have.

So, the immigrants are blue eyed blondes?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 11-04-2018

There are LOTS of immigrants coming into America who are blue eyed blondes. Are you talking about these people?

Who are you talking about and is race a factor with these people or is there factors outside of race that are a problem?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 11-04-2018

SNL had some fun with the histrionic caravan fear-mongering last night.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 11-04-2018

(11-03-2018, 10:17 PM)BigMark Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 02:58 PM)Rootilda Wrote: How do you know, are you familiar with Maggot's Argentinian customer?
Argentina, Venezuela, tomato toemato.

Oops. But then again, South America, Central America tomato toemahtoe

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Midwest Spy - 11-04-2018

Argentinians really do believe they are the cats meow of the Spanish speaking world (minus Spain of course).

It’s because they have the lightest skin color (generally speaking) of the Spanish speaking countries in the Western Hemisphere.

Pricks.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 11-04-2018

I used to work with an Argentinian, the guy had the worst body order I've ever encountered, the stench would linger for at least an hour after he had left a room. He was a dick too. Maybe that's why Argentina was stuck in my brain.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-04-2018

Peruvian food is SO good.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-04-2018

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Love Child - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 06:55 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: There are LOTS of immigrants coming into America who are blue eyed blondes. Are you talking about these people?

Who are you talking about and is race a factor with these people or is there factors outside of race that are a problem?

Our president himself stated how it would be better if people from places like Norway came to America, referring to other countries as shithole countries.
But they are just words, they don't mean anything right.
I am not supposed to take anything the president says seriously.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 11-05-2018

(11-04-2018, 11:12 PM)Love Child Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 06:55 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: There are LOTS of immigrants coming into America who are blue eyed blondes. Are you talking about these people?

Our president himself stated how it would be better if people from places like Norway came to America, referring to other countries as shithole countries.
But they are just words, they don't mean anything right.
I am not supposed to take anything the president says seriously.

Seriously YES, Literally NO.

God how can anyone not understand that much by now?

If we are honest we can agree on some very simple facts:

1) Third World and Developing countries often have a problem with sanitation. They are shithole countries in this respect. This is likely where the term comes from. The type of places most people would not like to spend their holidays in.

2) There are a lot more people coming over from places like Mexico (Developing countries) than what there are from Norway (developed countries). There are definitely Norwegians in America but they are of no sizable population.

3) Words do matter but so do actions. Trump is not a literalist. He is an exaggerator, talks in hyperbole and is given to thinking out loud. If he talks about a occasion he attended it will be told by him as being larger than life and the best thing ever instead of perhaps a nice, pleasant, sedate occasion. He will never start a negotiation with what he wants, he will suggest something completely ludicrous, when people complain and get him down to half of what he asked for it is still more than what he was wanting. He also is happy to cause fusses away from what he is doing to get people to concentrate on what he wants them to concentrate on.

These things taken into account kind of flatten your outrage. Makes it kind of mundane.