Mock
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. (/thread-13570.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Carsman - 01-27-2019

(01-27-2019, 12:00 AM)Maggot Wrote: Many miles to go before I sleep..........Why cant they just do the right thing? Come here legally, I guess that's to much to ask.

That would take all the drama out of having to have a WALL! hah  And USA could save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for no wall!

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 01-27-2019

(01-27-2019, 05:56 AM)Duchess Wrote: trump has gone from screaming he's building a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it to now saying he wants a fence with slats! 28

Why is it that the anti-Trump contingent STILL after all this time do not get that Trump talks figuratively and not literally? I mean it is pretty silly.

I mean when he talks about Human trafficking as being a problem and he states they grab women and put tape over their mouth and kidnap them. Trump supporters take from this. "Yeah, he is talking about human trafficking and human trafficking is really bad"

The anti-Trump crowd including the press will focus on whether human traffickers REALLY put tape over their victims mouths and whether they can rack this up as a lie and make hay with it.

It is fucking stupid. The whole point of using that scenario is that he is painting a visual image to reinforce a message which IS important and IS problematic and DOES need to be addressed. Does it fucking matter whether the people getting kidnapped and trafficked have tape over their mouth or not?

That is the problem.

Same with his wall. It would be really showing a heightened level of not getting ANYTHING to think that laughing at his choice of words was poignant. It would be ridiculous because AGAIN it shows that ALL you got AGAIN was a want to take him literally. I have said over and over and most Trump supporters have said too that he is to be taken seriously not literally. What is the underlying message? Trump supporters know and anti-Trump are completely confused still. After all this time.

Trump sees the ILLEGAL ALIENS coming into America as a bad thing. He sees the crime and the economic cost as problematic. So how is he going to stop this? By a "wall". It will stop the easy walking across. Won't stop everyone but it will stop most and certainly make it difficult. He makes another visual and proclaims to curry support that Mexico will pay for it.

Will Mexico pay for it? Could be many ways in which this bears out. My thoughts is that if the illegal immigration reduces, the net cost of illegal immigration will reduce to a stage that the savings will amount to the cost in the wall. There may be other ways.

But what I do not think any Trump supporter was EVER hung up on was whether it was concrete or not. We expected that he would secure the border and make it harder for illegal immigrants to come in as per his original reason for saying so. Again what the fuck would it matter whether it was built out of rock, concrete, steel or adamantium...this doesn't matter a damn, as it all has the same effect.

Yet some anti-Trumpers don't get it and then laugh at their inability to get it. It is sad. Do you think it is sad Duchess?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 01-29-2019

I recently saw someone suggest that because trump's base believe all his lies he should just say the wall is built and move on. I'm down with this idea.  *nods*

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 01-29-2019

Just let them all in at the San Diego entrance Hand out some money a loaf of bread and have signs that say "Welcome to California" go forth and multiply. America is your oyster.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 01-29-2019

That would make all the left very happy, throw open the borders and say whats ours is yours.............have fun enjoy your stay.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 01-29-2019

Stop that! Everyone, right AND left, wants secure borders. We tell you that over & over and you completely disregard us.

I don't work as hard as I do to give my money away. It's mine! All mine. What I don't have a problem with is giving people the opportunity to work for their own American dream. I don't begrudge anyone that.

That's so racist! Whats wrong with more brown people? They are fighting for their lives! They would die if they stayed in their homeland. America was built on immigrants.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 01-29-2019

We already have all the recipes, no more needed.

Where is your compassion? They have babies for God sake! And they need medical attention from their death march.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 01-29-2019

Trump confuses reality with a movie.  Twat

Has Trump peddled bogus claims about the border because of a movie?
01/29/19 08:00 AM

By Steve Benen

When making his case for a giant border wall, Donald Trump has turned to a variety of strange talking points. At a White House event earlier this month, for example, the president marveled at the quality of the vehicles used by human traffickers
Quote:“[T]hey have unbelievable vehicles. They make a lot of money. They have the best vehicles you can buy. They have stronger, bigger and faster vehicles than our police have and than ICE has, and the Border Patrol have.”
About a week later, Trump published a tweet intended to raise public anxieties about activities at the U.S./Mexico border.
Quote:“Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal.’ Washington Examiner People coming across the Southern Border from many countries, some of which would be a big surprise.”
Last week, the Republican turned to one of his go-to stories, which he’s peddled many times.
Quote:“Human traffickers – the victims are women and children. Maybe to a lesser extent, believe or not, children. Women are tied up. They’re bound. Duct tape put around their faces, around their mouths. In many cases, they can’t even breathe. They’re put in the backs of cars or vans or trucks.”
It’s tempting to dismiss all of this as just another round of nonsense from a president who too often has no idea what he’s saying, but in this case, these three Trump talking points have two things in common.

First, they’re demonstrably false. There’s nothing especially amazing about smugglers’ vehicles; there’s no evidence at all of prayer rugs being found in the dirt by the border (in fact, the whole idea is kind of silly); and experts have marveled at how bizarre Trump’s claims are about women tied up with tape.

Second, each of these appeared in a recent fictional movie.

No, seriously. As Rachel noted on the show last night, there’s a movie called Sicario: Day of the Soldado, which was released last summer, and which included a woman being tied up with tape, smugglers driving vast vehicles, and officials finding prayer rugs in the dirt near the border.

Again, just so we’re all clear, the movie is real, but the story is fictional. The script was written by screenwriters, not documentarians. The plot of the film is made up, as are the characters and developments that unfolded on screen.

As Rachel added, “In a normal administration, it would be insane to suggest” the president of the United States saw stuff in a movie and maybe thought it reflected reality. And who knows, maybe it’s just a coincidence.

But let’s not miss the forest for the trees: Donald Trump’s observations about the border are so at odds with reality that there are reasonable questions as to how in the world he even came up with such strange ideas.

I can’t say with any certainty whether the president took a fictional movie a little too seriously, but that’s not really the point. Rather, what matters is that we’re left to wonder how and why Trump comes up with these stories, which he peddles to the public, despite being wrong.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 01:46 PM)Duchess Wrote: Stop that! Everyone, right AND left, wants secure borders. We tell you that over & over and you completely disregard us.

(01-29-2019, 01:48 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't work as hard as I do to give my money away. It's mine! All mine. What I don't have a problem with is giving people the opportunity to work for their own American dream. I don't begrudge anyone that.

Border security is a cute term. The backbone of border security is a wall. From there you help secure the wall. How? Man the gates, technology to detect and prevent and unvetted people or items coming through. Without a wall, border security is all but redundant.

So no, YOU stop that. You either want a secure border or you don't. When you dismiss the wall, YOU simply are not serious about securing it.

(01-29-2019, 06:23 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: You either want a secure border or you don't. When you dismiss the wall, YOU simply are not serious about securing it.

Don't tell me what I'm serious about. Jesus Christ. Get over yourself.

How 'bout we shove that wall up your ass now that I've dismissed it.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 08:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 06:23 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: You either want a secure border or you don't. When you dismiss the wall, YOU simply are not serious about securing it.

Don't tell me what I'm serious about. Jesus Christ. Get over yourself.

How 'bout we shove that wall up your ass now that I've dismissed it.

How about you lie every time you pretend that you are serious about border security without a wall to "secure" the border? How about accepting that you are entitled to spout any lie you like but I am entitled to call bullshit when I see it?

I mean I am cool with that too.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Carsman - 01-29-2019

I've heard it said just today, walls must work, because they don't believe "prisoner's" would stay inside them voluntarily! hah

(01-29-2019, 08:53 PM)Carsman Wrote: .
I've heard it said just today, walls must work, because they don't believe "prisoner's" would stay inside them voluntarily! hah

That is so true

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 01-30-2019

Now here is a wall that the left will agree on.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCTIlpikdyIBQEHUAqhXq...zqmeTlY8mF]

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 01-30-2019

The wall will create global warming, global warming will send killer bees north from Mexico and that will bring back Y2K.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 01-30-2019

Y'all are delusional on the scale of trump delusional if you're still pining for that wall.   hah

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 01-30-2019

I don't understand why Pelosi doesn't want all the walls removed.