Mock
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. (/thread-13570.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 06-11-2019

(06-09-2019, 06:45 AM)Duchess Wrote: It is shameful that in America it can be considered a crime to give water to those who could be dying of thirst. Most parents encourage their kids to be good humans and it's somewhat shocking to me that if you help someone you could be prosecuted for doing so.

[Image: Zy4nVMJ.png]

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 06-11-2019

(06-10-2019, 05:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 02:44 PM)Maggot Wrote: I have no doubt it's true. It's just not PC enough for the people that need their conversation watered down.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch  They aren't animals or freaks of nature, they are people and like people everywhere some are smart and others not so much and some are actually brilliant. What the hell, Maggot!

I don't consider all the immigrants rocket scientists neither do I consider them dolts that wear their shoes backwards. I just want them to consider the willingness of America to help them freely not forcibly the way it's happening now. Not that anyone has noticed but there is a path a legal path that needs to be followed not a hodgepodge of frantic clamoring rioting forcibly destroying the very thing that could help them. 

How can anyone claim PC when its not even in the immigration dictionary? Who and or what is telling them it's OK to try?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-12-2019

Should do merit based immigration like Australia.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 06-12-2019

yeah right we have the ACLU around here they give 2 craps what is right or wrong.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-12-2019

(06-11-2019, 06:07 PM)Rootilda Wrote: [Image: Zy4nVMJ.png]

This made my day when I heard about it! It's my hope that the prosecutor declines to take it up again. No one should ever be prosecuted for being a decent human being, certainly not in America of all places.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 06-12-2019

20 years is a longer sentence than rapists get, for fuck's sake.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-12-2019

Should not break laws and expect no repurcussions

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-12-2019

(06-12-2019, 02:59 PM)Rootilda Wrote: 20 years is a longer sentence than rapists get, for fuck's sake.

Sometimes it feels like the world has gone mad.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 06-12-2019

The coach that took money to sail rich kids through college acceptance paperwork was given 1 hr in jail and a 10,000.00 fine a white collar crime that was swept away because well just because. Justice is blind,deaf and dumb. And the beat goes on...........it's already forgotten. But he's very sorry.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - MirahM - 06-15-2019

Are these stories fake news?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/-it-s-inhumane-what-they-re-doing-says-mother-separated-from-daughter-at-the-border

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/border-patrol-outdoor-detention-migrants-el-paso/

They talk about in humane conditions at these "refugee holding places"

This couldn't possibly be happening in our world, not now, nooo. Not after ALL of the lessons we've learned. And for sure everyone is being treated humanely and with dignity and respect for sure. And if they aren't-well it is their fault anyway right.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-15-2019

Maybe the families should go to prison instead? No. What are the alternatives you put before us?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 06-15-2019

Lean to on the Southside of the border.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - sally - 06-15-2019

Trump has just made a fucking mess of this shit, we've had illegals forever and now all of the sudden it's a big deal? No, you're a fucking idiot if you believe that. He made a big fucking mess of it and instead of concentrating on the violent criminals first which should be top priority, he's got the whole immigration system running around like chickens with their heads cut off and causing innocent people extreme hardship.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-16-2019

(06-15-2019, 10:53 PM)sally Wrote: Trump has just made a fucking mess of this shit, we've had illegals forever and now all of the sudden it's a big deal? No, you're a fucking idiot if you believe that. He made a big fucking mess of it and instead of concentrating on the violent criminals first which should be top priority, he's got the whole immigration system running around like chickens with their heads cut off and causing innocent people extreme hardship.

Is that true or is that you have been told by the talking heads who do not like him?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 06-16-2019

It's a fucking siege right now, the border patrol is overwhelmed.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - MirahM - 06-16-2019

Sally is right.
I bet shit has been going on for ages but people weren't aware of it.
There were procedures in place before.
I am willing to bet that DT is planting people in those areas to go and tell them to attempt to cross the border-that is def conspiracy theory of mine-but I have thought of it often.

To answer the question-what would I have happen? WELL I WOULD NOT PUT PEOPLE IN CAGES OR HaVE INHUMANE TREATEMENT.

Is that really that difficult to not do? Is it really that difficult to figure out?

Well....we can't figure out what to do with people-so we will put them in cages, let them bake in the sun, keep them dirty, treat them like animals, take away their kids and have absolutely no process in place.

Seriously-there were processes in place that they kicked out-
it is really fucked up.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-16-2019

(06-15-2019, 03:47 PM)MirahM Wrote: Are these stories fake news?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/-it-s-inhumane-what-they-re-doing-says-mother-separated-from-daughter-at-the-border

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/border-patrol-outdoor-detention-migrants-el-paso/

They talk about in humane conditions at these "refugee holding places"

This couldn't possibly be happening in our world, not now, nooo. Not after ALL of the lessons we've learned. And for sure everyone is being treated humanely and with dignity and respect for sure. And if they aren't-well it is their fault anyway right.

Concentration camps in the United States of America where kids are dying on average of about one a month.

Children separated from the parents with no way to reunite them. Our country has made those kids orphans.

I'd be delighted to exchange some shitty white Americans for some Mexicans.

There is a fairly large Mexican community here. They work on the horse farms, tree farms and the produce farms. I have no idea if they're legal or not, nor do I care, but I do know that they are a productive part of our community and they've been made to feel welcome.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-16-2019

(06-16-2019, 02:52 AM)MirahM Wrote: Sally is right.
I bet shit has been going on for ages but people weren't aware of it.
There were procedures in place before.
I am willing to bet that DT is planting people in those areas to go and tell them to attempt to cross the border-that is def conspiracy theory of mine-but I have thought of it often.

To answer the question-what would I have happen? WELL I WOULD NOT PUT PEOPLE IN CAGES OR HaVE INHUMANE TREATEMENT.

Is that really that difficult to not do? Is it really that difficult to figure out?

Well....we can't figure out what to do with people-so we will put them in cages, let them bake in the sun, keep them dirty, treat them like animals, take away their kids and have absolutely no process in place.

Seriously-there were processes in place that they kicked out-
it is really fucked up.

What is YOUR solution? 1 million Mexicans per year sneaking in most unvetted. How about you say a solution that DOES NOT equate to "let them come in without being vetted. Let the pedophiles come in with children that are not their own. Let the cartel members come in with the girls they just raped 10 kilometers back, let the MS gang member come in barely challenged."

How about fuck that kind of bullshit completely?

How about if they are coming in illegally and without decent claim for asylum they are not OWED ANYTHING fucking thing from US. At all. Like in real, "You are going to prison to serve your time and then we are deporting you, don't do it again" terms.

What if they are legal? Fine. What if they have an asylum claim? Great. Wait in a detention area until you are vetted correctly and assessed that you are not a danger to the US and then you will be let through and being that you have escaped persecution and violence you will have NO problem with this because it is far better than the treatment you were escaping from and a necessary part to the process......unless there was not REALLY any persecution and you were simply an economic illegal migrant?

US does not OWE these people a damn thing. Do you think it SHOULD be easy? Do you think the red carpet should be rolled out?

HELL NO! US is for the citizens. You want to come to America for a vacation? That is cool. I am sure you guys treat tourists okay and a tourist can have a fun time before they go. Maybe you are in another country and you wish to move and immigrate there. There is a process for that. Plenty of people migrate and I am sure Americans like that too.

but if you have it in your head that you can sneak across the border and will be looked after and given financial boons and are owed this treatment....go fuck yourself.

That is my take.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - MirahM - 06-16-2019

Our prisoners are treated better.

I am not saying the US owes them something-but why are we hearing stories of torture and seperations? As I said-there were several organizations in place that were being used and those programs were working-and they were shut down.

I am done discussing this.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-16-2019

I think the average immigrant deserves some humanity. How the hell can people be faulted for wanting a better life? Rhetorical question. It's just one that runs through my mind every time I hear another horror story from the border.