Mock
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. (/thread-13570.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-18-2019

(06-17-2019, 06:33 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: Not quite true though is it. I DO accuse.....you. I do not accuse Sally. I ASK Sally. I accuse you. You understand that difference.

Oh for fucks sake, you filthy trump supporter. You're as disingenuous as that trashy, old cocksucka is. 

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-18-2019

(06-18-2019, 04:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 06:33 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: Not quite true though is it. I DO accuse.....you. I do not accuse Sally. I ASK Sally. I accuse you. You understand that difference.

Oh for fucks sake, you filthy trump supporter. You're as disingenuous as that trashy, old cocksucka is. 

In other words, i am right and you are projecting your own disingenuousness.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-18-2019

There ya go again. You lack even the most basic of comprehension skills, cumdrop.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-18-2019

(06-17-2019, 10:04 PM)sally Wrote: Well I have experience with the immigration system as my husband has been denied citizenship twice and it is extremely hard to gain entry into this country legally without a shitload of money. Reason #1 why people don't do it legally. It is also extremely difficult to get any type of assistance other than emergency health care which is a right for every person in America whether they are legal or not. The ER can't kick you out on the street if you are having a heart attack, but the assistance stops there once you're stabilized.

I will be honest with you, I can sympathise, clearly your husband wants to live in US and is married to a US lady, and has a life there and is trying to be a citizen. I can understand this and agree that it is shitty he does not get accepted into the fold.

If I want to live in beautiful Thailand.

Let's say I have a heart attack, do you think they would NOT bill me for the cost? Do you think they would give me equal favour as their own citizens? How do you think I would go demanding services there and presuming because I was in their country that they were obliged?

Obviously Thailand is NOT the US, but they are both sovereign nations and are responsible for their citizens and run by virtue of their laws.

(06-17-2019, 10:04 PM)sally Wrote: The immigration system was already in complete chaos and Trump has added to the already fucked up system ten fold by making a huge deal out of something that has always existed. We've always had illegals, and the media makes it sound like all of the sudden they're bombarding us and all of our taxes are going to providing them welfare. Fake news.

Yes the immigration system was chaotic and so therefore....it should be left? Doesn't make sense to me.
The numbers of illegals coming over is approx. 1 million/year now. How many of these people are vetted and known commodities and good people. All? Some? What about those that aren't how are they detected and tracked?
As to financial costs? https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

(06-17-2019, 10:04 PM)sally Wrote: His main focus should be deporting the illegal, violent criminals. Instead they're busy dicking around with women and children and people that have already lived here for years with minor traffic violations or what have you.

Yeah, I think if I flew into Thailand and then never left after my visa was over, I would not do ANYTHING to get on anyone's radar because guess what would happen to me if I got found out?

None of this is hardly mindboggling.

(06-17-2019, 10:42 PM)sally Wrote: Also illegals work. I live in Florida and you don't see ten brown guys up on a roof in 100 degrees because they're lazy welfare sucking slobs. You see them up there because they're the only ones that will apply for the job, all the poor white guys prefer unemployment checks.

Some illegals do work. Okay. Some poor white people collect income cheques. Okay.

I know you are not trying to tell me this is always the case and I am struggling to understand the greater point.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-21-2019

The trump administration's lawyers tried to argue in court that migrant kids don't need soap & toothbrushes and that it was okay for those kids to sleep on concrete floors. I watched some of it. She hemmed & hawed and tried hard to justify it even while her tone belied what she was arguing. She sounded like every other nitwit who speaks on behalf of trump. There is no place in America for trump's concentration camps.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-21-2019

Their parents should look after this children and supply adequate food, medicine and toiletries products.
If you cannot afford to provide for your children then you ought not have children.
Where are their toiletries and what was their plan for acquairing them?
Why is it Trump's issue?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 06:17 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: Their parents should look after this children and supply adequate food, medicine and toiletries products.
If you cannot afford to provide for your children then you ought not have children.
Why is it Trump's issue?

trump took the asylum seeker's children from them and put them in a concentration camp, their parents/guardians are in a separate concentration camp and that's why it's trump's issue. Many, if not most, of those children will never be reunited with their parents because  there was nothing in place to keep track of everyone and where they went.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 06-21-2019

I was listening to one of the illegals down there the other day and he was saying those tents are paradise. They have A.C. plenty of food and fresh water. I thought about that and yeah I bet he does think that coming from the shithole that he came from. It's American ideals that make it a concentration camp. We have houses, dogs, cats, cars and think nothing of it so when we see the tents we think "what a dump" 

It's perspective and from what side of the window you look through. If we stopped feeding them and giving them free stuff they would stop coming, much like a stray animal. They come for the freebies. Like it or not that's the truth.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 06-21-2019

If you lived in an agricultural or diverse state, you might not keep insisting you know what all migrant human beings showing up at US borders are thinking and what motivates them Mags.

You’d be able to see firsthand that the generic ‘freebie!’ rhetoric is just that. It’s undocumented immigrants who can be seen working hard labor in the fields; the work that unemployed Americans won’t do for any pay rate.

You’d  be able to see them working two or three jobs and living with a number of people in small quarters to feed their families and send money back to their home countries to provide for family members there.

Sure, there are some immigrants who come here hoping to game the system. There will always be scammers and lazy people in any group. But it’s simply false to claim that they’re all coming here for the minimal assistance they receive if they’re able to stay (especially illegally).

Mexico is more economically stable and safer than it was a decade ago. So, there have been more  Mexicans leaving the US than entering for several years running. 

However, countries like Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador have become less stable and more corrupt.  Thus, there are more people migrating to the US from those countries seeking work opportunities and safer environments for their families.  That’s a reality, not an opinion.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - sally - 06-21-2019

Maggot has been to Haines city, Fl. Why do all migrants work the orange crops? Because everyone else there is on meth. And you know this.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 06:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 06:17 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: Their parents should look after this children and supply adequate food, medicine and toiletries products.
Why is it Trump's issue?

trump took the asylum seeker's children from them and put them in a concentration camp, their parents/guardians are in a separate concentration camp and that's why it's trump's issue. Many, if not most, of those children will never be reunited with their parents because  there was nothing in place to keep track of everyone and where they went.

Detention facilities or concentration camps? Disingenuous bullshit.
What was the parent's plan it CANNOT be "I will drag myself and my kids across the desert into another country without adequate supplies, a game plan and a contingency plan, and then when I get there and get detained and separated from my kids, I will have not thought this out and will abdicate all responsibility for my own choices."

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - MirahM - 06-21-2019

Why is it Trump's issue?

It appears that people come with supplies, but these supplies are confiscated at the border. Toilet paper, food, belts, lighters, rosaries, spoons and forks, plastic shopping bags, toothpaste. Apparently these items are non-essential.
Heaven forbid someone have a rosary in their pocket or extra shoes, canned food, blankets.

http://www.tomkiefer.com/

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/photo-booth/a-janitors-collection-of-things-confiscated-from-migrants-in-the-desert

(06-21-2019, 11:12 PM)MirahM Wrote:
Why is it Trump's issue?

It appears that people come with supplies, but these supplies are confiscated at the border. Toilet paper, food, belts, lighters, rosaries, spoons and forks, plastic shopping bags, toothpaste. Apparently these items are non-essential.
Heaven forbid someone have a rosary in their pocket or extra shoes, canned food, blankets.

http://www.tomkiefer.com/

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/photo-booth/a-janitors-collection-of-things-confiscated-from-migrants-in-the-desert

I have no issue with the supplies being checked. Make sure the toothpaste isn't not poisonous or bomb material or whatever and confiscate fruits and such that may risk bringing disease in....BUT do not go steal a person's belongings.

The line is not that fine.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - sally - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 11:12 PM)Fry Guy Wrote:
Why is it Trump's issue?

What was the parent's plan it CANNOT be "I will drag myself and my kids across the desert into another country without adequate supplies, a game plan and a contingency plan, and then when I get there and get detained and separated from my kids, I will have not thought this out and will abdicate all responsibility for my own choices."

It doesn't fucking matter, separating parents from their children is bullshit and is causing extreme hardship for both the parent and the child, it's inhumane. Send them fucking back, but don't torture them and separate them.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - sally - 06-22-2019

Why is it Trump's issue?

It's true that you should not have children if you can't care for them, but that doesn't stop anyone, for what reason god only knows. But these people are primitive and poor and ignorant much like our own citizens and while we can't handle the burden, we can weed out the violent criminals and not treat the ones seeking asylum like dirt. What, are they supposed to come over here with a bag of toiletries in their backpacks? 

Hey, I don't really like Jews either and I think Hitler was on to something because the world would be a better place without them, but even so that doesn't justify torturing them.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - sally - 06-22-2019

I would overall say Trump is pretty levelheaded, however. He's not going to start any wars and wants to keep a good relationship with everyone. He's good for everything from foreign relations to the economy. Just not with the immigration and abortion, but you have to please the other side I understand.

And he will be your president for another term. May as well turn off the tv and cry yourself to sleep, Duchess.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-22-2019

(06-21-2019, 11:56 PM)sally Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 11:12 PM)Fry Guy Wrote:
Why is it Trump's issue?

It doesn't fucking matter, separating parents from their children is bullshit and is causing extreme hardship for both the parent and the child, it's inhumane. Send them fucking back, but don't torture them and separate them.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2018/06/flores-consent-decree-of-1997-full-text/
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2018/06/h-r-5005-homeland-security-act-of-2002-full-text/
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2018/06/h-r-7311-william-wilberforce-trafficking-victims-protection-reauthorization-act-of-2008/

These should be addressed via Congress and none of these were as a result of or associated with Trump.
If you want kids to be detained with their parents these are the acts that need to be addressed. Petition your Congress, don't just blame Trump. It is lazy. (No, not saying you are by and large lazy or I think you are physically sentient. I am saying blaming Trump for something that he is tied by Congress to complying with is intellectually lazy and hardly reasonable)

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-22-2019

(06-22-2019, 12:55 AM)sally Wrote: I would overall say Trump is pretty levelheaded

Snap out of it.   [Image: slap.gif]

I think he's alright, way better than Bush. Admit it, ADMIT IT!

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 06-22-2019

The problem is America needs to be a healthy mix of diverse immigrant's,  for failure look at France or Dearborn Michigan. The sheer numbers are reducing areas to third world country status. They only pay taxes when it's the last option. Using up services and creating an underground economy.