Mock
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. (/thread-13570.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - MirahM - 06-25-2019

Trump and Pence, or Dumb and Dumber have acknowledged the disgusting conditions in the facilities-but of course it is the fault of the democrats or congress. I think Pence was heard calling them "Captive Detainees"

So apparently Trump totally asked for more bed space but this is what happened:

"I can't speak to what that lawyer was saying," Pence said. He then blamed Congress, specifically Democrats, for not complying with the Trump administration's request for more bed space for migrants in U.S. custody. But Democrats say they wanted a cap on detention beds to force the administration to prioritize deportation for those who posed a real threat, not law-abiding immigrants contributing to the country.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 06-26-2019

How can you be law abiding citizen when the first second of your time in america you commited a felony while not being a citizen?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-26-2019

(06-25-2019, 10:16 PM)sally Wrote: Well that was just my own personal feelings, not a blanket statement. A blanket statement would be that all Jews think they are entitled to displacing and causing hardship on thousands upon thousands of people because of a biblical reference. But I didn't make that statement.

You say you don't like Jews and you think Hitler was on to something because the world would be a better place without them. THAT is a blanket statement and you covered all Jews with it.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 01:15 AM)BigMark Wrote: How can you be law abiding citizen when the first second of your time in america you commited a felony while not being a citizen?

What are you referring to?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Fry Guy - 06-26-2019

(06-25-2019, 08:50 PM)Rootilda Wrote: I don't like assholes that make blanket statements about millions of people.

I don't like senile old hags with diseased looking lips

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 06-26-2019

she's not senile.

(06-26-2019, 11:33 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: I don't like senile old hags with diseased looking lips

I'm the only old hag in here, mister. The senility part is debatable, it all depends on who you talk to.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 06-26-2019

His insult game is as limp as his dick.

Hey Fryguy, who's the woman in the photo with you? My first guess was hooker and then I wondered if she's your daughter. Could be both, I guess.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 06-26-2019

Humanitarian Aid Package Passes House

Last night, the House voted 230-195 — almost entirely along party lines (4 liberal Dems voted against it and 3 Republicans voted for it) — to approve the $4.5 billion package for the border, where an influx of Central American migrants has strained government agencies and led to conditions for detained children that both parties have called horrific.

“This situation is child abuse. It is an atrocity that violates every value we have,” Pelosi said on the House floor before the bill’s passage. “Today our legislation is a vote against the cruel attitude toward children of this administration.”

Democrats will now dive into negotiations with Senate GOP leaders, in a difficult bid to get the long-delayed aid package signed into law before leaving town Thursday for a weeklong recess. 

But even if the two chambers reach an agreement, it’s unclear if President Donald Trump will sign the final bill, especially as he demands far-reaching changes to asylum law in exchange for permanently calling off mass deportation raids.

(continued)

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 06-26-2019

TThe final version of the bill included strict conditions requiring private detention facilities to meet certain standards of care within six months or risk losing their contract. It was the second time in two days that progressive leaders forced changes to the bill amid reluctance to giving Trump any money for his immigration agenda.

Lawmakers in both parties have been horrified by reports of the conditions at the border, where multiple migrant children have died and others are held in wretched, unsanitary conditions, often without access to basic necessities including showers, toothbrushes and nutritious food.

The Republican-majority Senate plans to pass its own bipartisan measure this week, setting up a small window for a deal between the House and Senate before lawmakers leave town for a week-long recess.

Senate GOP leaders have stressed that the House should simply pass its version, which Pelosi herself described to her caucus as a "good" bill.

“The idea here is to get a signature," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Tuesday of the need to get something to Trump. "I think once we can get that out of the Senate... I’m hoping that the House will conclude that’s the best way to get the problem solved, which can only happen with a signature.”

But Democratic leaders say they want to reach a compromise between both bills.

Full piece:  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/25/nancy-pelosi-border-spending-package-1382038

That's not cool Twilla.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 12:31 PM)BigMark Wrote: That's not cool Twilla.

Consider it a cumulative insult for all his bullshit I've ignored.

And she does look like a hooker.  No shame, it's an honorable trade.

The Senate voted against humanitarian relief for the kids and trump is still running around blaming the Democrats for his bullshit and President Obama too.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 06-26-2019

Democrats, placing band aids on amputated arms and legs for years.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - sally - 06-26-2019

(06-26-2019, 04:51 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 10:16 PM)sally Wrote: Well that was just my own personal feelings, not a blanket statement. A blanket statement would be that all Jews think they are entitled to displacing and causing hardship on thousands upon thousands of people because of a biblical reference. But I didn't make that statement.

You say you don't like Jews and you think Hitler was on to something because the world would be a better place without them. THAT is a blanket statement and you covered all Jews with it.

That is not a blanket statement. A blanket statement assumes as truth, like all Jews are cheap for example. It doesn't matter anyway, I get what she was saying. She doesnt like people that dont like jews and I don't give a shit.

"... the world would be a better place without them"

Blanket statement.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - sally - 06-26-2019

A blanket statement must assert a premise, saying that I don't like Jews and the world would be a better place without them is stating my own feelings. It's not making an argument that it's in fact truth. How could that even be an argument?

Jews are the chosen ones, we are mere cattle to them.

‘The world would be a better place without Jews’ is definitely a blanket statement, regardless as to whether the statement is presented as fact, or argument, or feeling, or opinion...

A blanket statement is always presented as fact and the defense to it is always presented as fact. For example if I said everyone on internet forums are know-it -alls the reply would be maybe some people on internet forums are know-it-alls, but not everyone is and the proof is at Mock forums. Blanket statements are made to be true about a specific thing or population. There are no facts that the world would be a better place without jews ( just my opinion) and there are no facts that the world might be a better place without some Jews, but not all.

So you can take my so-called blanket statement and shove it up your fat jew asses.