Mock
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. (/thread-13570.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-03-2019

It just means head.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 11-03-2019

(11-03-2019, 09:15 AM)BigMark Wrote: It just means head.

Just for the sake of clarity:  the noun, not the verb.  ')

So, did I get Biggie-belly banned for life, or not?

If so, Biggie be loco en de cabeza.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Duchess - 11-03-2019

hah "biggie belly banned"

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-03-2019

Lets jump the wall, i'll see you all in Cabo.

[Image: ukk3NhB.gif]

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 11-03-2019

(11-03-2019, 11:08 AM)BigMark Wrote: Lets jump the wall, i'll see you all in Cabo.

Cabo sounds fun.    

I don't feel like lugging a ladder around though.

I've got a nail file; I'll just cut through the fence/wall and meet you at the Giggling Marlin for happy hour.   Relaxed Drink

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 11-03-2019

I wonder how long it takes to get the fence repaired after it's been cut. Probably at least a week if not more like a month or two. You might be able to find a hole without ruining a perfectly good nail file.

(11-03-2019, 01:46 PM)Rootilda Wrote: I wonder how long it takes to get the fence repaired after it's been cut.  Probably at least a week if not more like a month or two.  You might be able to find a hole without ruining a perfectly good nail file.

Maybe if I snuggle up to a smuggler in Cabo, I can elicit some intel as to where the breaches exist and sneak in and out whenever I want, file-free.  ')

The construction of the wall allows it to be cut by a cordless reciprocating saw in minutes.  It also allows the smugglers to hide their work from border patrol.  

“In the San Diego area, smugglers have figured out how to cut the bollards and return them to their original positions, disguising the breaches in the hope that they will go unnoticed and can be reused for repeated passage.”

Ronald Vitiello, who previously served as the head of United States Border Patrol said the new bollards were the best the organization could do. “The bollards are not the most evolved design; they are the most evolved that we could pay for,” he said. “We never said they would be an end-all, be-all.”   https://hillreporter.com/report-drug-smugglers-are-cutting-through-new-sections-of-trumps-border-wall-50043

To be fair, I do recall that Border Patrol authorities went on on-the-record to recommend other/additional solutions aside from 'the wall'.  It was only President Trump who claimed his wall would be the equivalent of the "be-all, end-all".

You get Mexico to pay for it apparently you get Mexican quality.

(11-03-2019, 09:22 PM)BigMark Wrote: You get Mexico to pay for it apparently you get Mexican quality.

¿qué?  Sounds like you ate the worm without us, Biggie.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Rootilda - 11-04-2019

It didn't occur to me that they could place the segment back in place. That entire structure is going to be so compromised, it'll collapse from all the holes.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 11-04-2019

Any pictures of these "holes"?

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 11-04-2019

(11-04-2019, 02:44 PM)Maggot Wrote: Any pictures of these "holes"?

[Image: nn_jso_shutdown_border_wall_190110_1920x...7;70;5.jpg]

I don't think smugglers or border patrol agents are gonna post pictures of the holes/breaches as they occur, or as they are detected/found, for all of the obvious reasons Mags.

But, no one in-the-know is disputing that they exist -- that now includes Border Patrol, FOX News, and President Trump.

Anyway, the picture above is from the prototype testing phase and shows how the newly constructed barrier can be sawed through.

Border Control never expected the new/extended barriers to be impenetrable or unscalable and has agents assigned to monitor for holes/breaches and repair them when detected, as noted in the linked articles upthread.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-04-2019

They do call it a sawzall, not a sawzsomethings ya know.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - HairOfTheDog - 11-04-2019

(11-04-2019, 03:56 PM)BigMark Wrote: They do call it a sawzall, not a sawzsomethings ya know.

And you can pick a cordless one up at Home Depot, Lowes, and most hardware stores for $120.00 or less.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-04-2019

I think they use an angle grinder.

(11-04-2019, 04:46 PM)BigMark Wrote: I think they use an angle grinder.

Yeah, could be.  That would make the cutting a little faster.  But, I think a regular carbide blade would get the job done in a matter of minutes too.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 11-04-2019

looks like a new wall needs to be created. But as in anything people will always find a way around any rule or "wall" bump stock is one example and there are others.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - Maggot - 11-28-2019

Trump has slowed the amount of migrants coming to the U.S. he has also established better housing to process them. Things take time and many Americans have no patience. Shit don't happen overnight. He is doing the right thing and I'm thankful for that.

RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - BigMark - 11-28-2019

Liar, Trump CAN'T DO ANYTHING GOOD.