Mock
ELECTION 2020 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: ELECTION 2020 (/thread-13626.html)

RE: ELECTION 2020 - Duchess - 11-05-2020

trump files another lawsuit in Pennsylvania to stop the counting of mail in ballots.  78

I'll be back later to post that one more judge has thrown out another one of their ridiculous lawsuits.

....annnnd this is from trump's campaign legal advisor -

"We're waiting for the United States Supreme Court - of which the President has nominated three justices - to step in and do something. And hopefully Amy Coney Barrett will come through"

RE: ELECTION 2020 - sally - 11-05-2020

(11-05-2020, 01:38 PM)Rootilda Wrote: I don't understand why he's screaming that, he's behind Biden right now. Stopping the count wouldn't benefit him at all.
He already knows that and I doubt they think it would actually get passed. If he didnt make a stink about it now, however, it would be even  harder to do after he loses. And I think he will do everything in his power afterwards to find some proof that something was fraudulent.

Dp

(11-05-2020, 07:24 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 01:38 PM)Rootilda Wrote: I don't understand why he's screaming that, he's behind Biden right now. Stopping the count wouldn't benefit him at all.
He already knows that and I doubt they think it would actually get passed. If he didnt make a stink about it now, however, it would be even  harder to do after he loses. And I think he will do everything in his power afterwards to find some proof that something was fraudulent.

He's holding a press briefing any moment now. He'll come out and accuse everyone under the sun and take another shit on our democracy. 

They aren't talking about legal votes though. The stop counting wasn't that he doesn't want legal votes to count, he doesn't want the fraudulent ones to count, if there are in fact any.

When he shouts in all caps to stop counting, he is referring to legally cast votes.

First of all he knows damn well that you can't stop counting legal votes, you dont think he has anyone to advise him of that? He yelled stop counting because he needs a leg to stand on when he wants to try to prove the votes fraudulent. If he waited until after the final call to claim fraud then he'd really have nothing.

Sally, you like reading about medical stuff, go read about malignant narcissism. That diagnosis is trump to a T.

He is not a healthy, well adjusted individual. Not by any stretch.

It looks like all the legitimate news organizations cut trump off the minute he started lying. Which took only seconds. The first words out of his mouth -

"if you count the legal vote, I easily win. If you count the illegal votes, they can try to steal the election from us."

"The officials overseeing the counting in Pennsylvania and other key states are all part of a corrupt Democratic machine"

"As you know, I've claimed certain states,"

“I won Wisconsin. I won Michigan. I won Pennsylvania. I won Georgia. I’ll win Arizona.”

All I'm saying is he thinks there was dirty business going on, and for all I know maybe there was. People hate his guts, he's probably the most hated president ever. A lot people are saying that mathematically the vote count doesnt even add up. But nevermind that, he never once said that he wanted legal votes not counted, he wanted the count halted because he suspected fraud. And speak now or forever hold your tongue, he had to get the ball rolling before it was said and done.

Olivia Nuzzi is reporting that trump doesn't understand how stop the count works and that an advisor had to explain to him that if they did stop the counting he would lose the election. We already know he is a very ignorant man but to not understand how the process works or to think it should all change for him is just one more example of him being unfit for the office.

I did not watch his press conference, but I read about it and saw some clips and it was a constant stream of lies, one after another. I am convinced that he won't feel any satisfaction until there is blood in the streets and I think he's encouraging it.

(11-05-2020, 08:32 PM)sally Wrote: All I'm saying is he thinks there was dirty business going on, and for all I know maybe there was. People hate his guts, he's probably the most hated president ever. A lot people are saying that mathematically the vote count doesnt even add up. But nevermind that, he never once said that he wanted legal votes not counted, he wanted the count halted because he suspected fraud. And speak now or forever hold your tongue, he had to get the ball rolling before it was said and done.

There is no fraud, there is no evidence of fraud. Why in the world would you even consider that there is? That's a serious question.

I have no idea if the mail in ballots were fraudulent or not, I can't possibly know things that I can't see. Most likely they're not, but you never know what people are up to. Trump thinks they are fraudulent, however, and if he didnt call it then, it would be harder for him to call it after the fact. All I'm saying is that was his strategy when Roo asked why he would call for a stop count with Biden in the lead.

He's been calling it for months. He's complaining there are so many mailed in ballots cast for Biden. He told his supporters not to mail them in, to go to the polls and it appears that's exactly what happened. That's why there are so many mailed in ballots for Joe Biden.

Are you aware that once election offices receive the ballots they are under the supervision of Democrats AND republicans? They are processed that way as well, both parties are represented at all times during the count.

RE: ELECTION 2020 - Carsman - 11-05-2020

(11-05-2020, 08:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Olivia Nuzzi is reporting that trump doesn't understand how stop the count works and that an advisor had to explain to him that if they did stop the counting he would lose the election. We already know he is a very ignorant man but to not understand how the process works or to think it should all change for him is just one more example of him being unfit for the office.

I did not watch his press conference, but I read about it and saw some clips and it was a constant stream of lies, one after another. I am convinced that he won't feel any satisfaction until there is blood in the streets and I think he's encouraging it.

If loses, there's "75" long days ahead to cause havoc and turmoil before January 20th!!! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

RE: ELECTION 2020 - Rootilda - 11-05-2020

(11-05-2020, 07:24 PM)sally Wrote:

Yeah, you might be giving him too much credit.

Perhaps, but he had to call it then. It holds no water afterwards if it does at all. But that's his only chance when he's the loser which he doesn't like being.

(11-05-2020, 09:00 PM)sally Wrote: I have no idea if the mail in ballots were fraudulent or not, I can't possibly know things that I can't see. Most likely they're not, but you never know what people are up to. Trump thinks they are fraudulent, however, and if he didnt call it then, it would be harder for him to call it after the fact. All I'm saying is that was his strategy when Roo asked why he would call for a stop count with Biden in the lead.

Okay, consider this. Trump and friends spent considerable time saying how fraudulent mail-in voting was. So his followers absorbed the message and voted in person, same day.

The Dems didn't. So Trump has a big surge of votes because... same day voting. But the equally legal and legitimate voting by mail doesn't get counted in most states until election day when the polls have closed. That's millions and millions of ballots that need to be processed while the entire world waits impatiently.

Trump sees he's ahead on election night and claims early victory and can't get it through his little peanut brain that most of the Dem votes are counted later and instantly thinks there's a sinister plot against him to steal the election.

None of this is new, we've been using absentee or mail-in ballots forever, just not *this* many. But that doesn't matter, Trump sees he's ahead and that's the end of the story. So I think that's why he wanted the count stopped. Unfortunately, he's several million votes behind Biden at this point and about forty points behind on electoral votes.

Like I said, I think you give him too much credit. There's no "plan" in his head, he's just pissed off.

I understand that he's an egotistical, narcissistic jerk, but what I'm explaining is his reasoning for calling a stop vote with Biden in the lead. That was your question, remember? He wasn't attacking our democracy and saying to stop legal votes as you claim, he was claiming fraudulent votes. And if he didnt do it then it is going to be a lot harder after he loses. Why do you people insist on being such block heads?

Blockhead or not, I don't think you're correct. He truly doesn't understand how voting works and he's throwing a temper tantrum. He's too stupid to think ahead like you're suggesting.