Mock
*IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN (/thread-4007.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 10-27-2014

^ Turns out, the killer is not Marcello Marquez -- that's just an alias that he gave to police.

[Image: Luis-Enrique-Monroy-Bracamonte.jpg]

His fingerprints match up to Luis Enrique Monroy Bracamonte who's in the US illegally. He has a drug conviction and has twice been deported back to Mexico, but sneaked back in.

ETA - link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-in-killing-of-california-deputies-was-deported-twice/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 10-27-2014

Brown trash.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - ramseycat - 10-27-2014

Fucking loser asshole. I can see our border patrols are really working. Already deported twice and comes back to kill two police officers.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - username - 10-27-2014

It's eerie and tragic that the one officer lost his life 26 years to the day of his father. What are the odds of that? Smiley_emoticons_shocked

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - ramseycat - 10-27-2014

Yea, that is freaky.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-20-2014

2 NYPD OFFICERS DOWN -- STORY DEVELOPING

[Image: 122014_brooklyn_cops_shotpm.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1]

Very sad and maddening news.

Two NYPD officers were shot and killed as they sat in their patrol car today in Brooklyn.

They were reportedly working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill when they were shot point-blank in their heads by a lone gunman who approached them on foot from the sidewalk at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins avenues in Bed-Stuy.

Neither the officers nor the gunman, who killed himself while being pursued by other officers, have yet been identified to the media.

The gunman is said to have been a fugitive who had just murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore.

It's being speculated by some in the NYPD that the execution was revenge for the Garner choking death, but that's not confirmed.

More details should be released soon; once family members of the deceased are notified.

[Image: Brinsley-Ismaaiyl-Abdullah-mugshot-29064923.400x800.jpg]
^ Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley, 28, was the scumbag who executed the two NYPD officers before fatally shooting himself in the head today.

He was reportedly a member of a Baltimore gang and obviously a nut job.

Initial stories that he'd killed his girlfriend earlier in the day are not confirmed. Later stories say he shot a family member in the stomach earlier this morning. Details are murky and subject to change as the investigation proceeds.

Shortly before the murders, he reportedly posted on Instagram: “I’m putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours…Let’s take 2 of theirs.”

Story: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/cops-shot-brooklyn-sources-article-1.2051941

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - username - 12-20-2014

I wonder what his motive was. Anger over one of the recent grand jury decisions? Answering some call to jihad? None of the above? It's disconcerting to think how many potential "motives" are out there right now...and the whack jobs who are willing to drink the Kool-aid du jour.

ETA: Re-reading HotD's last post, I guess it was door number one. Fucking animal just set that "cause"/discussion backwards.

NYPD Commissioner William Bratton held a press conference.

He says the motive is still unclear, but on an Instagram account belonging to either the killer or his girlfriend, the killer did indicate his support of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Terrorism is not suspected, according to NY authorities.

Brinsley shot and seriously wounded his girlfriend when she tried to alert police about what he was gonna do (that's the latest account). NYPD received a notification to be aware of Brinsley -- that notification was reportedly picked up right as the piece of shit was pulling off his cowardly attack on the officers.

Commissioner Bratton named the victims as Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos. Rest In Peace. I have a picture of Officer Ramos, but no picture for Officer Liu yet. I'll wait and do a separate tribute post when that's available.

The officers were "shot and killed with no warning, no provocation," Bratton told reporters. "They were quite simply, assassinated."

The officers -- one with two years' experience, the other with seven years on the job -- were normally assigned to downtown Brooklyn, but were working a "critical response" detail in a housing development area with higher crime, Bratton said. (They were in an anti-terrorism vehicle which had been redeployed to regular forces.)

Members of the community, AG Holder, the Garner and Brown families, Al Sharpton and general commenters are universally condemning the brutal actions of Brisley; his actions contradict the goals of protests to end brutality. Brisley kinda reminds of fired LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner who felt that he was unjustly fired and therefore went on a rampage to execute LAPD officials and other cops. Madmen.

Story: http://us.cnn.com/2014/12/20/us/new-york-police-officers-shot/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-21-2014

[Image: 911-flags-at-half-staff.jpg]

[Image: 21cops-combo-blog480.jpg]
The slain NYPD police officers: Rafael Ramos, 40, left, and Wenjian Liu, 32. RIP.

Officer Ramos had just celebrated his 40th birthday on December 12. Officer Ramos had previously been a school safety officer with the NYPD. He would have been with the force three years this January. He leaves behind a wife and 13-year-old son.

Officer Liu, 32, was married just two months ago. Officer Liu was a seven-year veteran of the force.

Brinsley's other shooting victim, his ex-girlfriend, is undergoing surgery and expected to live.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 12-21-2014

The only bright spot in this story is that the shooter killed himself.

I read his tweets & saw the pix he posted after the shooting last night. I don't know why some people think more violence is the answer.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Cutz - 12-21-2014

Because people make calls for "justice" (vengeance.)

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-21-2014

Free speech and calls for justice don't create killers, though they sometimes give killer minds a convenient target or focus point, IMO.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-22-2014

[Image: 635547603547990273-kondek.JPG]
^ Officer Charles "Charlie K" Kondek served the city of Tarpon Springs, Florida as a sworn law enforcement officer for 17 years, many of which were on the midnight shift. Originally from New York, he previously served for more than five years as a New York City police officer before moving to Florida.

Investigators say the suspect was banging on doors in the community about 25 miles northwest of Tampa last night, looking for a neighbor who he said "dimed him out" to police. Kondek was in the area responding to a call about loud music.

When Parilla saw Kondek, he fired multiple rounds at the officer, striking him once above his bullet-proof vest.

In a statement released Sunday, Florida Gov. Rick Scott said, "We are saddened by the death of Officer Charles Kondek who was killed in the line of duty early this morning. Ann and I pray that God provides comfort to his loved ones and all those who have been affected by this terrible tragedy." Officer Kondek leaves behind a wife and six children. RIP.

[Image: 635547967831582813-Florida-officer-killed-122114-2.jpg]
^ Marco Antonio Parilla Jr., 23, is the suspected killer. He tried to escape the scene, backed over fallen Officer Kondek, hit a pole and crashed into a vehicle. The piece of shit was then apprehended while fleeing on foot. He was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/21/police-shooting-florida/20723027/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - QueenBee - 12-22-2014

It is times like this when I wonder what LC would be saying about all this.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Midwest Spy - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 08:48 PM)QueenBee Wrote: It is times like this when I wonder what LC would be saying about all this.

I'm sure she'd agree that the cops have brought all of this upon themselves.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - ramseycat - 12-22-2014

(12-22-2014, 09:55 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-22-2014, 08:48 PM)QueenBee Wrote: It is times like this when I wonder what LC would be saying about all this.

I'm sure she'd agree that the cops have brought all of this upon themselves.

Wow

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-22-2014

I know MS was being sarcastic. I don't know how LC would feel, but I wish she were here to tell us too.

I imagine she'd be glad there have been fewer police officer homicides in the line of duty this year and over the last few years than there were in the past.

I think she posted about her disdain for bad cops a few times, but I don't know how she'd feel about the current protests against police brutality specifically.

For me, the politicizing and blaming of anyone other than the killers is emotional and illogical. It doesn't make good sense to blame the many US citizens who openly oppose and criticize the current government, or to blame FOX news, or to blame the extreme right...for Eric Frein's killing of an LEO in PA, for example, though he claims his anti-government stance was his motive.

And, it doesn't make good sense to blame Tea Party politicians, or to blame Cliven Bundy and his anti-Fed grassroots militia, or to blame FOX news...for Jerad and Amanda Miller's "don't tread on me" execution of two Las Vegas police officers after the couple left Bundy's ranch.

Just like it doesn't make good sense to blame police brutality protesters, or to blame the NYC mayor, or to blame the President, the media, or the Democrats for Brinsley's execution of two NYPD officers.

All of the killers had criminal records or complaints, a history of anti-government/authority rants and views, messed up minds, and guns. They latched on to causes, picked unsuspecting targets, and pulled the triggers. Nobody else.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-23-2014

Very Good News...

[Image: n-ALEX-DOUGLASS-large.jpg]

Trooper Alex Douglass ^ has left a rehabilitation center to spend Christmas with family in Lackawanna County. Lt. Chris Paris says Douglass is in good spirits but has a long way to go with his rehabilitation in New York.

Douglass has posted a message through his brother's Facebook page thanking supporters for their well wishes. He was shot in September by Eric Frein. His partner Bryon Dickson was shot and killed by Frein (Frein's scheduled to be in court for a preliminary hearing on Jan. 5th).

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 03:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Very Good News...

Yes, it is. It's lovely to read after all the awfulness in the news recently.