Mock
*IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN (/thread-4007.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Cutz - 12-24-2014

(12-22-2014, 10:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Just like it doesn't make good sense to blame police brutality protesters, or to blame the NYC mayor, or to blame the President, the media, or the Democrats for Brinsley's execution of two NYPD officers.

All of the killers had criminal records or complaints, a history of anti-government/authority rants and views, messed up minds, and guns. They latched on to causes, picked unsuspecting targets, and pulled the triggers. Nobody else.
So if you were in a cult, and the cult leader says the cult needs more money, and your brainwashed, misguided self signs your life savings over... that's just you being an idiot? No blame falls on the cult leader?

I only blame protesters for rioting. I only blame the NYC mayor for the policies he enacted or didn't enact to ensure the safety of his citizens. But I blame the media for brainwashing everyone. The news sensationalizes and sells violence. They compete to scare and intimidate viewers to get higher ratings. They'll paint whatever picture they think sells, without any aim at unbiased reporting. The media in general does the same thing. I'll blame them for everything from teen suicide to rising divorce rates.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-24-2014

(12-24-2014, 08:27 AM)Cutz Wrote: So if you were in a cult, and the cult leader says the cult needs more money, and your brainwashed, misguided self signs your life savings over... that's just you being an idiot? No blame falls on the cult leader?

I only blame protesters for rioting. I only blame the NYC mayor for the policies he enacted or didn't enact to ensure the safety of his citizens. But I blame the media for brainwashing everyone. The news sensationalizes and sells violence. They compete to scare and intimidate viewers to get higher ratings. They'll paint whatever picture they think sells, without any aim at unbiased reporting. The media in general does the same thing. I'll blame them for everything from teen suicide to rising divorce rates.

You're obviously free to blame the media for the stories it covers and the diverse reactions of those who follow the stories. I just don't share your view point, though I do agree that some media sources peddle sensationalism. In any case, I don't see the American public as members of a media-run cult.

If an individual or organization brainwashes others and directs them to commit crimes, they can be charged with conspiracy or accessory. Like Charles Manson, like the women who dupe some love-sick dope into offing their husbands, like terrorist leaders, etc... I don't see the media instructing the public to commit crimes at all, and I read/watch a lot of news from a variety of sources. I therefore don't view the media as conspirators or accessories to the crimes of Eric Frein, the Millers, Ismaaily Brinsley, or any other troubled disgruntled citizens who target people in authority. I also don't blame the media for citizens who legally engage in lifestyles of which you disapprove.

If people become brainwashed by the media, they're mentally or emotionally deficient or unstable from the get-go, IMO. That's the often unaddressed root problem, not the media. And, some stories are simply sensational and emotion-provoking in their pure form. I don't think controversial and provocative stories should be suppressed from media coverage because they might set an unstable person(s) off.

I do believe that some media organizations should be more responsible and I actively seek out fact-based reporting myself, still don't blame sensationalized media coverage for the crimes of others though. Likewise, I don't blame explicit and violent lyrics for the crimes of those who listen to them, even though I think some of the artists behind them are sensationalistic and irresponsible.

Bottom line: freedom of speech, expression, press, and assembly are rights which are as important to me as the right to bear arms is to some who covet second amendment rights. When people break the law in the process of exercising those rights, they can be arrested and prosecuted for those unlawful actions. I'm not aware of the media breaking any laws in regards to any of the stories mentioned in my post to which you responded.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-27-2014

RIP Rafael Ramos 42

[Image: jaden-ramos-740x400-740x400.jpg]

The funeral for NYPD Officer Rafael Ramos (shown above with his wife and son) was held this morning.

[Image: mpd.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1]
Over 25,000 police officers from around the country were estimated to be in attendance.

US VP Joe Biden, NY Governor Andrew Cuomo, and NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio all gave eulogies.

Police Commissioner Bill Bratton drew applause when he announced he was appointing Ramos, posthumously and effective Saturday, as honorary department chaplain for the 84th Precinct.

Bratton also promoted both Ramos and Liu to detectives first grade, posthumously, drawing applause again.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 12-27-2014

(12-27-2014, 01:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Bratton also promoted both Ramos and Liu to detectives first grade, posthumously, drawing applause again.

Do you think this would entitle their widows & children to more money? Are they entitled to pensions or other monies of that nature? I'm just curious. Those families not only lost their loved one but maybe their main source of income as well.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-27-2014

(12-27-2014, 02:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-27-2014, 01:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Bratton also promoted both Ramos and Liu to detectives first grade, posthumously, drawing applause again.
Do you think this would entitle their widows & children to more money? Are they entitled to pensions or other monies of that nature? I'm just curious. Those families not only lost their loved one but maybe their main source of income as well.

Yeah, it will definitely mean more money for the families of the slain officers.

Both Ramos and Liu were promoted posthumously to the highest level of detective -- that could mean a big jump in annual salaries from their previous rankings. The salary increase is effective posthumously.

Snip:
The spouse of a fallen officer is entitled to receive about 100 percent of the officer’s annual salary each year for the rest of his or her life, as well as health insurance covered by the city and other benefits.

The promotion of Officer Dillon Stewart in 2005, after he was killed trying to stop a car that ran a red light, meant that his wife was able to receive an additional $21,000 per year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/27/nyregion/two-officers-killed-in-ambush-are-posthumously-promoted-to-detectives.html

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 12-27-2014

That's wonderful to read! I'm so glad they won't have the added burden of struggling financially. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 12-29-2014

[Image: 0.jpg]
^ RIP -- Flagstaff, Arizona Police Officer Tyler Stewart - 24
Officer Stewart responded to a domestic dispute complaint. He spoke with the woman at the home at around 11 a.m. yesterday. The male involved in the dispute was not at the residence when Officer Stewart arrived.

A couple of hours later, Officer Stewart got a call from the man. Officer Stewart went to question him. Police said Stewart and the man, Robert William Smith, were talking about the earlier events and at no time did the conversation become confrontational.

When Stewart asked to pat the suspect down for any weapons, Smith reached for a gun he had in his pocket and began firing at Stewart at close range, police said. Then, Smith just walked away. He was found shortly thereafter, dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

[Image: Robert%20William%20Smith_1419806882042_1...20_240.jpg]
The shooter ^ Robert William Smith, 28: Police said the only time they’d had contact with Smith was in 2009 involving a domestic violence arrest.

Story: http://www.abc15.com/news/region-northern-az/flagstaff/pd-suspect-shot-officer-from-range-of-two-feet

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - d505 - 02-17-2015

I am not sure if this has been posted.

Santa Fe Co. deputy charged with murder in fellow deputy’s death

LAS CRUCES (KRQE) – Las Cruces police are investigating a fatal shooting involving two Santa Fe County sheriff’s deputies at a local hotel around midnight.

Police say one of the deputies, Jeremy Martin, 29, is dead and a warrant officer has been charged with an open count of murder.

Criminal Complaint for Thai Chan
According to Santa Fe County Sheriff Robert Garcia, Martin and 27-year-old Tai R. Chan were on their way back from transporting an inmate to Safford, Ariz., and decided to spend the night at Hotel Encanto in Las Cruces. The deputies checked into the hotel around 4 p.m., according to the Las Cruces Police Department, then went to Dublin’s Street Pub sometime Monday evening.
LCPD says it’s believed the deputies consumed alcohol and got into an argument. At the hotel, Chan allegedly shot several rounds from a semi-automatic weapon at Martin. LCPD says evidence shows Martin was trying to flee the area in an elevator.

When police arrived, Martin was rushed to MountainView Regional Medical Center where he died. Police say he had several gunshot wounds to his back and arms.
Chan was found in a stairwell at the hotel. He was taken into custody without incident. Police say he has been charged with an open count of murder for the shooting.
A police news conference was filled with a lot of emotion Tuesday as Garcia fought tears while sharing details about the incident. He said both deputies were hard-working men and the call about the shooting around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday obviously came as a shock.

“You never want to receive anything like that waking you up. This has been a major impact and major shock for all my staff,” he said. “I’m at a loss for words, thoughts.”

Deputy Jeremy Martin Fund

Deputy Jeremy Martin Benefit
FundState Employees Credit union
Account # 80062719
Garcia said Martin had been with the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office since 2011, and was married with three children younger than 10. Garcia also said personnel will be available for staff to help them grieve.

http://krqe.com/2014/10/28/2-deputies-involved-in-shooting-1-dead/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 03-04-2015

[Image: 635610651762642817-Green-Terence57.jpg]

48-year-old detective Terence Green ^ was shot and killed early this morning. RIP. He was a 20 year veteran of the Fulton County, Georgia police department.

Green, 48, and another officer responded to a shots fired call at 12:43 a.m. Wednesday. They were told the suspect was possibly intoxicated. Neighbors said the man was going from house to house, banging on doors and firing a long barrel gun.

The scumbag shooter, Amanuel Menghesha (pictured below), was hiding nearby and ambushed the officers, shooting and striking Green in the head.

[Image: 635610641391521515-Attachment-9.jpg]
Menghesha was shot during the incident, but his injuries are not life-threatening.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - ramseycat - 03-04-2015

This wasn't too far from where I live.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Carsman - 03-05-2015

(03-04-2015, 07:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: 635610651762642817-Green-Terence57.jpg]

48-year-old detective Terence Green ^ was shot and killed early this morning. RIP. He was a 20 year veteran of the Fulton County, Georgia police department.

Green, 48, and another officer responded to a shots fired call at 12:43 a.m. Wednesday. They were told the suspect was possibly intoxicated. Neighbors said the man was going from house to house, banging on doors and firing a long barrel gun.

The scumbag shooter, Amanuel Menghesha (pictured below), was hiding nearby and ambushed the officers, shooting and striking Green in the head.

[Image: 635610641391521515-Attachment-9.jpg]
Menghesha was shot during the incident, but his injuries are not life-threatening.

The cop that shot that pond scum shooter needs a lot more range time!!

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 03-25-2015

Two police officers died in separate shootings yesterday. Separated by more than 2,000 miles, they lived with the peril and uncertainty that hundreds of thousands of U.S. law enforcement officers face every day.

[Image: Officer-Michael-Johnson-032515-jpg.jpg]
^ Officer Michael Johnson, a 14-year veteran of San Jose CA PD, was killed while responding to a report of a man threatening to kill himself.

The suspect was found dead of a gunshot wound on his balcony.

[Image: 25596a.jpg]
^ Wisconsin State Trooper Trevor Casper, 21, of Kiel was just three months out of the police academy when he was killed during a shoot out with a suspected bank robber.

The suspect, who also killed an elderly male motorist who he carjacked during his attempted getaway, was killed in the shootout with Trooper Casper.

RIP Officers Johnson and Casper.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 05-04-2015

[Image: n-OFFICER-BRIAN-MOORE-large.jpg]

A New York City police officer died Monday from injuries sustained when a man shot him in the face on Saturday.

Brian Moore, 25, died after two days in the hospital, according to the New York Daily News. RIP.

He was sitting in an unmarked car Saturday when police say he was shot by Demetrius Blackwell, 35, of Queens.

Blackwell was arrested Sunday; not a lot of detail available on this one yet.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 05-04-2015

I had a feeling it was him when I saw this thread was bumped :(

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Carsman - 05-04-2015

Where's the rioting, & looting? Oh yeah, he's a white guy! Smiley_emoticons_stumm7896

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 01:15 PM)Duchess Wrote: I had a feeling it was him when I saw this thread was bumped :(

Sad story. Officer Moore had already received two exceptional service awards at his young age.

Details:

Moore was on duty Saturday with his partner Eric Jansen, 30, as part of an anti-crime unit in Queens Village when he was shot at 6:15 p.m., police said.

Moore and Jansen were in an unmarked patrol car when they saw a man on the street adjusting something in the waistband of his pants that appeared to be a gun, Bratton said Saturday night.

When the officers told the man to stop, he turned, pulled out a gun and began shooting into the car, Bratton said.

Moore was shot in the face. He was taken to Jamaica Hospital in critical condition and underwent surgery.

The suspect, identified as Demetrius Blackwell, fled on foot and was later arrested.

Bratton said Blackwell has a long arrest record.

[Image: demetrius-blackwell.jpg?itok=UF7ForER]
^ Blackwell -- the piece of shit who shot Moore.

He was arraigned on attempted murder this weekend. That'll surely be bumped up to murder with Moore's passing, possibly a capital charge.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 05-04-2015

It's him and others like him who should be put to death immediately. They make me feel barbaric. Just take them out and kill them. When there is no doubt, simply rid the world of them.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Carsman - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 04:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's him and others like him who should be put to death immediately. They make me feel barbaric. Just take them out and kill them. When there is no doubt, simply rid the world of them.

AMEN!

WFT! All these fockozeen killer thugs always have "long arrest records", why defuck are these pond scum always released, and not kept in jail? The_Villagers

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 05-08-2015

Idaho Sergeant Shot by Patrol Car Thief Dies

[Image: 7669078_G.jpg]
^ Sgt. Greg Moore died Wednesday at Kootenai Health in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. RIP.

Moore was shot about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday after checking on a suspicious person in a neighborhood, Coeur d'Alene Police Chief Lee White said. The suspect stole the police vehicle.

[Image: 5549d5c88f3c6.image.jpg]
Police arrested POS ^Jonathan Renfro, 26, after a car chase that reached speeds of 125 mph. The pursuit ended when a police dog dragged the man from his hiding place underneath a commercial truck.

Renfro appeared in court Tuesday afternoon and was charged with attempted murder (that will be upped to murder now), theft of a police vehicle, theft of an officer's gun and being a felon with a gun. Bail was set at $2 million. He was held in the Kootenai County, Idaho, jail.

Moore was a 16-year veteran of the Coeur d'Alene department. A GoFundMe page for his wife Lindy has been established and thus raised nearly $65,000 USD.

Refs:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/06/man-accused-shooting-and-wounding-idaho-police-officer-is-charged-with/
http://www.gofundme.com/ttgu73b

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 05-08-2015

Sometimes I feel like the whole world has gone mad & I like leaving the farm less and less these days. I'm not so paranoid that I believe danger lurks around every corner but this isn't the world I grew up in.