Mock
*IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN (/thread-4007.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 10-01-2015

^ After vetting the information and concluding it wouldn't harm the investigation, authorities confirmed for the first time that Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was shot with his own weapon. He was struck by two rounds, one that hit his ballistic vest with the force of a "sledgehammer" and another that pierced his upper chest, said Lake County Major Crimes

But gunshot residue found on both his hands was inconclusive as to whether the officer fired any shots himself, according to results that came back from the Illinois State Police crime lab in the last week or two.

"The weapon could have been fired by Lt. Gliniewicz or he could have been in a close proximity of the weapon being fired," Filenko said. He refused to provide any details on what the signs of the struggle were.

Gliniewicz was found Sept. 1 after he radioed that he was pursuing three suspicious men in a remote area of the village south of the Wisconsin-Illinois state line. The only description police have of the suspects is that they are two white men and one black man. Despite a massive manhunt, police haven't made any arrests or identified any suspects. Filenko said there are still no firm theories on a possible motive.

Questions have swirled around the investigation - particularly since the county coroner said he has been unable to rule the 52-year-old Gliniewicz's death a homicide, suicide or an accident.

---------------------

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fox-lake-illinois-police-charles-joseph-gliniewicz-unidentified-dna-samples/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 10-01-2015

Would the manner of death determine whether or not his family got any money from this, from a pension or whatever it's called in this type of situation?

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Blindgreed1 - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 01:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Would the manner of death determine whether or not his family got any money from this, from a pension or whatever it's called in this type of situation?
Yes, suicide = no pension

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 01:14 PM)Duchess Wrote: Would the manner of death determine whether or not his family got any money from this, from a pension or whatever it's called in this type of situation?

If it's ruled that he was killed while acting in the line of duty, his survivors will receive 100% of his annual salary per year in benefits, along with a lump sum amount and the free health-care and other benefits that go along with the survivor's pension (since Gliniewicz had served 30 years and was of retirement age when he died).

However, if it's determined that he instead committed suicide on the job, his survivors could get substantially less, like 50% of his salary and reduced accompanying benefits. It would be up to the Illinois Pension Board to decide the exact amount of reduced pension based on the details of the case. Source: http://www.officer.com/news/12119528/pension-board-begins-mulling-benefits-for-fox-lake-illinois-officers-family

If he also had separate Life Insurance and purchased the policy at least two years before his death, his survivors will get the payout under almost all policies even if it's ruled that he committed suicide. The 2-Year Suicide Clause is pretty standard across policies.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 10-13-2015

(08-29-2015, 07:59 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: TEXAS

[Image: 55e231ea1400002e002e45d6.jpeg]
Shannon J. Miles (left) was arrested and charged with yesterday's killing of Darren Goforth (right), 47, a 10-year veteran of the force. RIP Deputy Goforth.

Goforth leaves behind a wife and two children.

The deputy had gone to the Chevron gas station in Cypress, a middle-class to upper middle-class suburban area of Harris County that is unincorporated and located northwest of Houston, after responding to a routine car accident earlier Friday. While he was pumping gas, he was shot multiple times from behind.

Prosecutors on Saturday charged 30-year-old Miles with capital murder.

Sheriff Ron Hickman said the motive for the killing had not been determined but investigators would look at whether Miles, who is black, was motivated by anger over recent killings elsewhere of black men by police that have spawned the "Black Lives Matter" protest movement.

"I think that's something that we have to keep an eye on," Hickman said. "The general climate of that kind of rhetoric can be influential on people to do things like this. We're still searching to find out if that's actually a motive."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/suspect-arrested-for-allegedly-killing-deputy-at-gas-station_55e21e26e4b0b7a96339409c

This case has taken a couple of weird twists.

A female witness at the gas station is alleged to have been in Officer Goforth's vehicle when he was shot. She told investigators that she'd been involved in a 15 month affair with the slain officer. Goforth's wife says that he would never have an affair.

The suspect's defense attorney is pushing to have the murder charges downgraded because he claims that Goforth was on a date with his lover when he was gunned down at the gas station. So, since Goforth was not shot "in the line of duty", his client should not be facing capital murder charges.

One of the lead investigators on the case interviewed the woman/witness/alleged mistress. Well, he ended up sleeping with her. Idiot; compromising the case even further. Anyway, Sheriff Hickman promptly suspended the investigator this week, telling the press that his investigator's actions don't reflect the principles of the department.

Story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/09/court-document-goforth-investigator-had-sex-with-key-witness/73681698/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Blindgreed1 - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 02:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 07:59 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: TEXAS

[Image: 55e231ea1400002e002e45d6.jpeg]
Shannon J. Miles (left) was arrested and charged with yesterday's killing of Darren Goforth (right), 47, a 10-year veteran of the force. RIP Deputy Goforth.

Goforth leaves behind a wife and two children.

The deputy had gone to the Chevron gas station in Cypress, a middle-class to upper middle-class suburban area of Harris County that is unincorporated and located northwest of Houston, after responding to a routine car accident earlier Friday. While he was pumping gas, he was shot multiple times from behind.

Prosecutors on Saturday charged 30-year-old Miles with capital murder.

Sheriff Ron Hickman said the motive for the killing had not been determined but investigators would look at whether Miles, who is black, was motivated by anger over recent killings elsewhere of black men by police that have spawned the "Black Lives Matter" protest movement.

"I think that's something that we have to keep an eye on," Hickman said. "The general climate of that kind of rhetoric can be influential on people to do things like this. We're still searching to find out if that's actually a motive."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/suspect-arrested-for-allegedly-killing-deputy-at-gas-station_55e21e26e4b0b7a96339409c

This case has taken a couple of weird twists.

A female witness at the gas station is alleged to have been in Officer Goforth's vehicle when he was shot. She told investigators that she'd been involved in a 15 month affair with the slain officer. Goforth's wife says that he would never have an affair.

The suspect's defense attorney is pushing to have the murder charges downgraded because he claims that Goforth was on a date with his lover when he was gunned down at the gas station. So, since Goforth was not shot "in the line of duty", his client should not be facing capital murder charges.

One of the lead investigators on the case interviewed the woman/witness/alleged mistress. Well, he ended up sleeping with her. Idiot; compromising the case even further. Anyway, Sheriff Hickman promptly suspended the investigator this week, telling the press that his investigator's actions don't reflect the principles of the department.

Story: http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/09/court-document-goforth-investigator-had-sex-with-key-witness/73681698/
Pics of the mistress?

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - username - 10-13-2015

Hahaha! You can't make this shit up.

I don't believe the witness/alleged mistress has been publicly identified, Gunnar.

The homicide investigator who slept with her during the course of the investigation is Craig Clopton (pic below).

[Image: 2D514C4900000578-3268961-image-m-3_1444622992930.jpg]

I've seen Detective Clopton interviewed in relation to other high profile cases over the years.

I suspect he's opened the department up to allegations that he tainted other investigations too.

He really made a dipshit move sleeping with the witness in the Goforth case.

(10-13-2015, 02:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't believe the witness/alleged mistress has been publicly identified, Gunnar.

The homicide investigator who slept with her during the course of the investigation is Craig Clopton (pic below).

[Image: 2D514C4900000578-3268961-image-m-3_1444622992930.jpg]

I've seen Detective Clopton interviewed in relation to other high profile cases over the years.

I suspect he's opened the department up to allegations that he tainted other investigations too.

He really made a dipshit move sleeping with the witness in the Goforth case.
I know what Clopton looks like. 48 is a staple in my viewing diet. I want to see what this irresistible woman who causes men to lose their shit about right and wrong looks like.

Well, I wish you luck finding what you want Gunnar.

As I said, I don't have access to it.

In any event, if I respond to one of your posts in the crime forum and jump off of it with other case-related info, please be informed that info isn't meant for your eyes only or intended to imply that you don't already know about it. Asshat

(10-13-2015, 03:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, I wish you luck finding what you want Gunnar.

As I said, I don't have access to it.

In any event, if I respond to one of your posts in the crime forum and jump off of it with other case-related info, please be informed that info isn't meant for your eyes only or intended to imply that you don't already know about it. Asshat
Much appreciated. If we all do our part, my Mock experience will be enhanced daily. Just let me know what else you need form me to make this happen. I'm here to help you succeed. hah

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 10-21-2015

NEW YORK

[Image: po-randolph-holder-e1445404948112.jpg?w=300&h=430]
RIP NYPD Officer Randolph Holder, 33

Officer Holder was a five year veteran on of the force and a native of Guyana; his father and grandfather were police officers there.

He was a member of The NYPD's 73rd Precinct and was part of the NYPD Housing Police Service Area 5 Anti-Crime Unit.

The fatal encounter happened around 8:30 p.m. on a pedestrian overpass over the FDR Drive at East 120th Street where two officers caught up with a man suspected of stealing a bike. The officers and the suspect exchanged gunfire. A gun was recovered at the scene of the shooting.

A suspect was taken into custody on 124th Street suffering a gunshot wound to the leg, Bratton said. Three other men were being questioned by police.

New York police commissioner Bill Bratton said late Tuesday that officer Randolph Holder died at Harlem Hospital after being shot in the head.

"He is the fourth New York City police officer murdered in this city in the last 11 months," Bratton said at a news conference.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-officer-shot-in-harlem/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 10-23-2015

MICHIGAN - HIT AND DRAG

[Image: chadwolfmemshot_jpg_475x310_q85.jpg]
RIP Michigan Trooper Chad Wolf

[Image: Charles-Warren-jpg.jpg]
State police say 69-year-old ^ Charles Warren Jr. was arraigned Friday in Clarkston on reckless driving causing death and failure to stop at the scene of an accident charges.

Police say Trooper Wolf was traveling northbound on Dixie Highway on Aug. 28 when he was struck by a vehicle towing a trailer that was making a lane change. "[The motorist] tried to exit onto the entrance ramp of northbound I-75 and struck Trooper Wolf and the motorcycle as well," said Col. Kriste Kibbey Etue.

After the collision, Warren Jr. continued driving. Police say that it doesn't appear that he knew Wolf, 38, was under his vehicle.

"Preliminary investigations indicate that Trooper Wolf was dragged by the trailer for several miles until the driver finally pulled over at the Holly rest area," Etue said.

Warren was arrested Friday after the Oakland County prosecutor's office authorized charges.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Duchess - 10-23-2015

Oh gods. That's so awful. I hope he was killed instantly :(

That "hope" looks horrible in print. *cringe*

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 11-01-2015

MINNESOTA

A violent “whirlwind of events” in a St. Cloud Hospital room early Sunday morning (October 18) left a 24-year veteran of the Aitkin County Sheriff’s Office dead.

“A suspect being treated at St. Cloud Hospital shot and killed a sheriff’s deputy who had been monitoring the welfare of the suspect who was a subject of an investigation outside the St. Cloud tri-county area,” said Jill Oliveira, spokeswoman for the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA).

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
^ The deputy was identified as Steven M. Sandberg, 60, who had been with the Sheriff’s Office since 1991 and had worked as an investigator for the past 20 years. RIP.

[Image: DannyHammond.jpg]
^ The suspect was Danny Leroy Hammond, 50.

Hammond somehow got a hold of Officer Sandberg's gun and shot him to death with it. Hammond was then tased by another deputy who was providing security at the hospital; Hammond could not be revived and died too.

Story: http://www.startribune.com/deputy-fatally-shot-in-st-cloud-hospital-shooter-also-dead/333881611/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 11-04-2015

(09-16-2015, 10:37 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: Fox-Lake-police-appoints-new-leadership-...killed.jpg]

The investigation into Lt. Gliniewicz's death has taken a strange and surprising direction.

The three guys in the surveillance video who met the vague description of the suspects he claimed (via radio) to be pursuing before his death have been identified. They have been cleared.

The coroner has said that police are holding information that he needs before he can make a formal ruling as to the manner of death. The coroner says he can't rule out suicide and he can't rule out accident and he can't rule in homicide.

It seems there's evidence and/or suspicion that Gliniewicz may have committed suicide and staged it to appear as being killed in the line of duty. Or, possibly, he accidentally shot himself that night.

All possibilities are being investigated and the case remains open, with a greatly reduced task force dedicated to it.

The family has not yet been interviewed and are being given time to grieve. They will be questioned soon, according to the Chief of the Major Crimes Task Force.

UPDATE:
He committed suicide and staged it to look like murder, that's the official ruling expected to be delivered at a press conference to be held later today.

Reports indicate that Gliniewicz was experiencing personal issues and was the subject of an ongoing law enforcement investigation of him when he died. I don't know how much detail will be given at the press conference, but will post video of it here when it's available.

Source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-lns-fox-lake-joe-gliniewicz-st-1104-20151103-story.html

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Maggot - 11-04-2015

I would not live near Chicago, there's always nothing but bad that comes out of there except for music.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 11-04-2015

Well, here are the highlights of the Gliniewicz press conference, delivered by Lake County Major Crimes Task Force commander George Filenko.

[Image: 11149489_10205640914994888_1752784077942...&strip=all]
1. There's overwhelming evidence that ^ Lt. Gliniewicz committed suicide. Lake County PD, the FBI, and the ATF concur.

2. For 7 years, he had been stealing and laundering money from the community explorer program he headed (training young adults for law enforcement). He forged signatures for federal grant funds for equipment and instead used the money to pay his mortgage, pay for adult websites, pay for gym memberships, take vacations, extend loans to friends, etc..

3. He had extensive knowledge on how to stage crime scenes because he did so for the training program. He used pepper spray, his baton, his glasses, and a first shot to the bullet proof vest to stage his suicide as a murder by two white men and a black man. But, there was no sign of an altercation and forensics pointed to Gliniewicz.

4. Two others are also under investigation (not identified).

5. He deleted 6,500 texts right before his death; the FBI worked with local law enforcement to recover them; they included incriminating statements.

6. Law enforcement officials call Gliniewicz's actions "the ultimate betrayal".

I'm not glad he's dead (I'd rather see him in prison), but he was one selfish cowardly asshole, in my opinion. He cost the village hundreds of thousands more dollars in investigation, set the stage for up to 3 people to be falsely arrested for murder, left his family to publicly defend his honor...

Here's video of the press conference: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/us/fox-lake-illinois-police-officer-joe-gliniewicz/

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - Midwest Spy - 11-04-2015

Yep. I agree HotD.

I feel no remorse for him, but I do feel bad if children are left behind to carry his name.

An unfair burden for them.

RE: *IN THE LINE OF DUTY* OFFICER DOWN - HairOfTheDog - 11-05-2015

(11-04-2015, 03:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Yep. I agree HotD.

I feel no remorse for him, but I do feel bad if children are left behind to carry his name.

An unfair burden for them.

[Image: CTAkF4OUYAEtVjL.jpg]
I wonder how much his wife ^ and older son (^ far right) knew?

They are said to be under investigation; both worked at the supposedly "non-profit' explorer program.
Source: http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/44569884-story

And, it gets worse. Today, Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesman Christopher Covelli said that investigators found packets of cocaine in Fox Lake Police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz's desk after his Sept. 1 death.

Covelli says investigators recovered deleted text messages in which Gliniewicz mentioned the possibility of planting something on the administrator who was conducting an investigation of the program, Anne Marrin, although he says they don't know if that's why he had the cocaine.

Covelli says Gliniewicz had also sent a text looking for help in arranging a meeting with a high-ranking gang member to put a hit on her back in April. Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/illinois-cop-hit_563ba681e4b0b24aee4953db