Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 10-04-2016

It's starting to look like Florida may be impacted by Matty!

Good luck Sal, & Six, and good luck to my Villa there as well.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - sally - 10-04-2016

I have a flash light and bottled water which I already had because I have a cooler and the water is delivered from Crystal Springs.

I also have tape, glue, toilet paper and 5,000 cans of Chef Boyardee. What else?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 10-04-2016

Alcohol?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - sally - 10-04-2016

Duh. I thought that was obvious so I didn't mention it.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 10-05-2016

(10-04-2016, 08:29 PM)sally Wrote: I have a flash light and bottled water which I already had because I have a cooler and the water is delivered from Crystal Springs.

I also have tape, glue, toilet paper and 5,000 cans of Chef Boyardee. What else?

Full tank of propane for the gas grill, to heat up the Chef Boyardee! hah

RE: +your daily weather report+ - cannongal - 10-05-2016

(10-04-2016, 08:29 PM)sally Wrote: I have a flash light and bottled water which I already had because I have a cooler and the water is delivered from Crystal Springs.

Are you that woman that was interviewed at Target by the weather Channel? She had 2 carts full of chef boyardee, and another cart full of bush's beans.

(10-05-2016, 03:30 AM)Carsman Wrote: Full tank of propane for the gas grill,

Maybe that's what the beans are for?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - sally - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 05:21 AM)cannongal Wrote: Are you that woman that was interviewed at Target by the weather Channel? She had 2 carts full of chef boyardee, and another cart full of bush's beans.

That's why I joked about it, people are ridiculous. This isn't a flood zone and even in a major hurricane you'll be able to find food after the storm passes. How many fucking cans of raviolis can you possibly eat in one day.

The only thing I really need to get is a battery operated air pump for the fish tank in case the power goes out.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 10-05-2016

A cheap am radio is nice to have.

(10-05-2016, 08:34 AM)sally Wrote: That's why I joked about it, people are ridiculous. This isn't a flood zone and even in a major hurricane you'll be able to find food after the storm passes. How many fucking cans of raviolis can you possibly eat in one day.

The only thing I really need to get is a battery operated air pump for the fish tank in case the power goes out.

I hear ya. Peoples go crazy up here when 'snow' is mentioned. Unless you live in the mountains, there's no reason to go clearing shelves when a snow storm is coming. Usually the only prep I take is to fill up the 5 gallon gas can, and run the generator for a few minutes. We lose power a lot during snow storms.

This could be serious though if it strengthens and comes straight through here. I'm not concerned about canned goods, I'm concerned about my roof blowing off. I guess I'll know by tomorrow if we need to evacuate.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-05-2016

(10-05-2016, 10:03 AM)cannongal Wrote: Peoples go crazy up here when 'snow' is mentioned.

Without a single flake falling, schools close here when snow is in the forecast. We can go years without seeing anything and then get hammered. I grew up in the North Country so snow doesn't bother me but the people here lose their minds. You wouldn't be able to find a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk in a fifty mile radius and almost every snowfall will bring about a state of emergency going into affect.

I was lucky to get gas, the gas stations are already running out. When I did get a pump it was on the wrong side of course and it is extremely difficult to turn a full size suv around when you're surrounded by other cars just waiting to get that spot.

(10-05-2016, 12:03 PM)sally Wrote: I was lucky to get gas, the gas stations are already running out. When I did get a pump it was on the wrong side of course and it is extremely difficult to turn a full size suv around when you're surrounded by other cars just waiting to get that spot.

I heard what's going on down there, it sounds crazy. You're lucky you got your gas. Did you pick up booze while you were out?

Jesus. I repeated what you said. 78

Sally, make sure your daughter's smartphone is charged in case you lose power. I'm going to need you to come in here and tell me you're okay. I'm serious! Dramaqueen

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 10-05-2016

http://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-20-000-Watt-Air-Cooled-Standby-Generator-with-200-Amp-Service-Entrance-Rated-Automatic-Transfer-Switch-and-Load-Shedding-20RESCL-200SELS/206838760

It's already become a cat 4 heading right this way and I'm not prepared for shit. Depending on what it looks like tonight we might get a hotel room in Orlando and take the dogs to my husband's office on the mainland. I don't think being a block away from the beach is going to be the safest place to be with this one.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 10-05-2016

Be careful of the Zika mosquitoes that may have blown in from Cuba and Haiti.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 10-05-2016

Good luck Sal and be smart.

My grandparents were always willing to 'ride it out.'

Not the smartest thing to do.

All the Weather forecasters are having an aneurysm over this one. They have no idea what Matt is going to do, because the computer models keep producing the equivalent of a 3 year olds scribble.

I don't know how you can have a sit and wait attitude, Sal, I'd have been heading for high ground like yesterday.

Stay safe.