Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 05-07-2011

It's another beautiful day on the Delmarva Peninsula. Life is good.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 05-14-2011

It's raining! It's raining! Thank Christ Almighty it's raining! 19

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Nina - 05-19-2011

'Tornado dog' crawls on broken legs to family
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (KABC) -- Almost three weeks after deadly tornadoes tore through Alabama, an incredible story of survival has emerged about a dog that crawled home to its family on two broken legs.

"Mason," a terrier mix, was picked up and swept away by a tornado.

His family searched but could not find him.

Then Monday, two and a half weeks later, they came back home to sift through the debris and found Mason waiting for them on the porch.

"They've not been able to be in alignment so neither one of them have healed, so he had to crawl on two broken legs to get home," said veterinary Dr. Barbara Benhart.

"This is probably the most dramatic we've seen as far as an injury in an animal that's survived this long," said Phil Doster, an animal-shelter worker.

A veterinarian has volunteered to take Mason in and nurse him back to health.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/bizarre&id=8139450

Poor little guy. These loyal animal stories always tear me up. I love my doggies.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 05-19-2011

That's a heartwarming story. [Image: cry-blow.gif]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 05-19-2011

soggy and foggy days here all week, snails like it.

[Image: bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=CC&Date=20110518&Cat...0Day508800]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 05-27-2011

I'm sweating like a pig.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Persephone_Rizen - 05-27-2011

The sun is bright and hot. I'm going in the pool. Anyone care to join me?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 05-27-2011

I know where you're posting from & if it didn't involve flying I'd love to join you.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 06-01-2011

this is VERY unusual for us! i lost power briefly a while ago, it may get worse. report says Cape and islands excluded, but i am seeing trees whipping around and have heard thunder.

The National Weather Service just issued a tornado watch for Boston and most of Massachusetts until 8 p.m. tonight.

“Conditions are favorable for the development of tornadoes or severe thunderstorms,” National Weather Service meteorologist Eleanor Vallier-Talbot told the Herald as the watch was issued after 1 p.m. today. “We could also see storms with damaging winds and large hail. We’ve had reports of large hail 1 inch in diameter.”
Towns in southeastern Massachusetts, including Bristol and Plymouth counties along with the Cape and the Islands, have been excluded from the wild weather watch.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 06-01-2011

Oh balls, I see I'm in a box too, at least it's yellow & not red.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 06-01-2011

Get your booze and yodels now. No telling when they will be available again.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 06-01-2011

happening now in western part of state. at least 4 dead at this time.

Gov. Deval Patrick has declared a state of emergency tonight and is calling in the National Guard to help residents dig out after tornadoes hit Westfield, Springfield and reportedly in three more communities leaving a trail of devastation.

Patrick said tonight 19 communities have suffered some kind of destruction and there is one fatality, still unconfirmed, from a car that was flipped over by a tornado in West Springfield. The governor also said 1,000 Guard troops have been deployed.

"We’ll be responding as communities need," he said.

It all began around 4 p.m. when a tornado ripped through Westfield then Springfield knocking down trees and tearing off roofs as two storm systems that could produce more twisters moves east, officials and eyewitnesses report.

The tornado that tore through West Springfield this week will be classified as an EF-3 or higher — the third highest ranking that’s powerful enough to topple trains.

The National Weather Service has not completed its storm survey, but this information gives a sense of just how powerful the storm was.

Tornadoes are measured on the enhanced Fujita tornado damage scale and giving a ranking between 0 and 5. An EF-3 tornado has winds of 136 to 165 miles per hour — enough power to overturn trains, uproot nearly entire forests and cause “severe damage,” according to the agency’s Web site. Meteorologist Matthew Belk said this is a preliminary estimate for the hardest hit areas and not the storm’s entire path of destruction.

[Image: nu1_20110602_081430.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 06-05-2011

we had a 2-day heat wave which i hated, but the last few days have been fabulous! just the way i like it, a steady cool ocean breeze, 65 F daytime and 49 F at night, no humidity, i wish it would stay like this all summer~

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 06-05-2011

I loathe that dreadful humidity, it melts the mascara right off my lashes & if I look down for any length of time I look like a freakin' coon.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - IMaDick - 06-05-2011

This time of year not much changes here.

Mon
Jun 6

Mostly Sunny

96°
67°

Tue
Jun 7

Sunny

97°
67°

Wed
Jun 8

Sunny

98°
66°

Thu
Jun 9

Sunny

97°
66°

Fri
Jun 10

Sunny

96°
63°

Sat
Jun 11

Sunny

94°
64°

Sun
Jun 12

Sunny

95°
65°

Mon
Jun 13

Sunny

96°
66°

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 06-07-2011

reports say it's going to get hot again, so i am digging out my gear to go in the lake...i love fresh water, no great white sharks, no alligators! YAY!

[Image: resize?sq=450&uid=2386533380]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BlueTiki - 06-07-2011

Thanks, LC!

The pink gear is my Christmas request, to my brothers, for next year's Thriver Cruise. Western Caribbean.

Beats the hell out of a pink two-piece.

And Mum will appreciate the obvious "theme" homage.

Back to board shorts and a rash guard. Yea! :B

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 06-08-2011

to hell with this! 97 F predicted up here~~not typical at all. [Image: ani_hot_smiley.gif]

June 7, 2011

A large area of high-pressure aloft will bring a couple of days of intense, record-breaking heat to the Northeast Wednesday and Thursday.

Heat advisories and warnings have been issued across portions of the region including the Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore and New York City metros.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 06-09-2011

It's already 75 degrees & it's just starting to get light out.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 06-09-2011

the thunderstorms are rolling in, when they clear out it may get to 100F. i may well lose power a few times today too. *curses*swearing*. fuck, i move up here from florida to get away from heat and hurricanes, and it goddamn follows me. 1063621