Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 12:22 PM)sally Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 08:27 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Figured Cars and Sally would appreciate this little tidbit:

Tonight @ 10 we drop below zero here in Mpls (not feeezing, but 0F) and we don’t emerge from the nether regions until approximately 3:00pm on Monday.

For those of you challenged with addition, that’s 65 hours below zero.

We normally get a stretch like this every winter, but I have a feeling we may have several this year.

That's ridiculous. What do you have to wear to go outside, whale blubber?

It's 68 and sunny here today. Winter in Florida is the best time of year.

Skin typically freezes in less than 10 minutes when windchill hits -35F (where we are now) so, either wear a ski mask or stay indoors!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 12-30-2017

Sorry, just checked:

Air temp right now: -9F

Real Feel (with wind): -28F

Balmy actually.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - sally - 12-30-2017

The coldest I've ever been was in NC when it was below zero. I walked from our hotel room to a Starbucks less than a block away and it was the worst walk I've ever taken, I was wearing a light jacket and boots and that was way underdressed. It was windy too so all the snow from the roof tops was blowing off and hitting me on my back and head. I've never been so happy to walk into a Starbucks. On the way back I jogged to the hotel to get it over with faster.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 02:58 PM)sally Wrote: The coldest I've ever been was in NC when it was below zero. I walked from our hotel room to a Starbucks less than a block away and it was the worst walk I've ever taken, I was wearing a light jacket and boots and that was way underdressed. It was windy too so all the snow from the roof tops was blowing off and hitting me on my back and head. I've never been so happy to walk into a Starbucks. On the way back I jogged to the hotel to get it over with faster.

Well now if you had walked to a local "bar" instead of a Starbucks, you could have filled yourself up with antifreeze. (vodka)
And then you would not have cared (felt) how cold the walk/jog back was! hah

(BTW MS, in my NE town last night, it was - 2 degrees. That's why I'm in SNAKEland!)
( I HATE SNAKES)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 12:22 PM)sally Wrote: It's 68 and sunny here today. Winter in Florida is the best time of year.

Well that makes up my mind then. I'm saving up my vacation hours and coming down to Florida next winter. December through February.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 12-30-2017

Clang, you live in a place where there is so much to do in the Winter up there. I miss all of that.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 12-30-2017

57 in Fabulous Las Vegas!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 05:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Clang, you live in a place where there is so much to do in the Winter up there. I miss all of that.

There so much to do in the Winter in warmer States also. I want it all.

(12-30-2017, 07:38 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: There so much to do in the Winter in warmer States also. I want it all.

Yeah but you can't ski or skate or fly down a snow covered trail on an inner tube. Yeehaw.

(12-30-2017, 06:57 PM)BigMark Wrote: 57 in Fabulous Las Vegas!

Do you ever eat at a buffet when you go there?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 12-31-2017

(12-30-2017, 07:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 07:38 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: There so much to do in the Winter in warmer States also. I want it all.

Yeah but you can't ski or skate or fly down a snow covered trail on an inner tube. Yeehaw.

I can do without the skiing and I'm too old and achy in my bones for tubing. And skating is just a pipe dream. I say I'm going to buy skates and skate at the Empire State Plaza rink every year but I never do it.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 12-31-2017

I love to play in the snow. The last time I had enough snow to have a little fun in I hurt myself because I wasn't acting my age but it was big fun nonetheless.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Love Child - 12-31-2017

Oh no! I loved sledding on the hill when I lived in the mountains.

Today is overcast, which is fine because it helps me to get stuff done inside before tonight. I do miss the blue sky though. There is snow and ice on the ground. It is 25 degrees.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 06:11 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I love to play in the snow. The last time I had enough snow to have a little fun in I hurt myself because I wasn't acting my age but it was big fun nonetheless.

Been quite awhile since I played in the snow, nowadays I just shovel it or brush it off my car.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 12-31-2017

(12-30-2017, 07:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 06:57 PM)BigMark Wrote: 57 in Fabulous Las Vegas!

Do you ever eat at a buffet when you go there?

I don't really like buffets because they are so darn expensive you feel the need to stuff yourself.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-01-2018

Run outside right now and look at the moon! It's huuuuuuge. It's a Wolf Moon.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Love Child - 01-02-2018

I did not get to see the moon last night. : ( Or wait, is it tonight? Shoot, I think we did notice it through the clouds. I am not going outside now, I think it is in the twenties.
But I saw blue sky and sunshine today! Woo!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 01-02-2018

Tonight, Super Moon!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-02-2018

Maggot, are your weather people talking about what's coming in the next couple of days? My forecasters are using words like "bomb cyclone" and that pesky "polar vortex". It's already ridiculously cold here and it has been for days and now they're talking about a storm that resembles a hurricane only it brings snow.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 06:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Maggot, are your weather people talking about what's coming in the next couple of days? My forecasters are using words like "bomb cyclone" and that pesky "polar vortex". It's already ridiculously cold here and it has been for days and now they're talking about a storm that resembles a hurricane only it brings snow.

Yep, it's ridiculously cold here too, "62" and windy rain! hah

(Now glad I took down my our outside Christmas decorations yesterday)