Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 07-17-2011

the coming week is going to be a bitch from hell. story and pics at link below. the heat is moving East.

America the beautiful is fast becoming America the scorched as record high temperatures continue to bake much of the country today.

Heat indexes in dozens of cities are due to soar to dangerous levels later on this afternoon and forecasters are predicting they will remain high through much of the coming week.

The National Weather Service posted excessive heat warnings for much of the country's midsection, including Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, as well as South and North Dakota, where forecasters predicted heat indexes could hit 115 degrees.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015635/Global-temperatures-June-soar-seventh-highest-record-131-years.html#ixzz1SP1cCbLS

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 07-17-2011

A few things I checked today and fixed.
Put another layer of straw on the garden and water the shit out of it.
check
test the generator if the power goes out
check
Do a quick AC check and change the filter
check
Do nothing to the pool that thing is perfect
check
stock up on beer and more beer
check
replace the ant traps in the bitchin kitchin
check
Throw another stack of freeze pops in the freezer
check

Bring it on heat demons!!! Cheers

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 07-17-2011

mmmmmm purple popsicles. good idea. and a watermelon too. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Maggot---->

[Image: Popsicles.png]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 07-17-2011

How the hell did you know where I keep them? Smiley_emoticons_shocked There's a few pink ones in there......I'm afraid to try them.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - crash - 07-18-2011

Colder than a Nun's left nipple here and the rain can fuck off any time it likes...<_<

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 07-18-2011

i'll take a bit of that chill Crash!

but i'll bet my cute ass Bret smacks right into Cape Cod as a cat 3 hurricane. hah those buggers follow me.

[Image: bret-0718-11am-path.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BlueTiki - 07-18-2011

It was 111 degrees, yesterday. But it wasn't a record. 116 was the record for that day.

Must be global warming.

Oh wait . . . the record 116 happened in 1908!

(07-17-2011, 11:27 PM)Maggot Wrote: How the hell did you know where I keep them? Smiley_emoticons_shocked There's a few pink ones in there......I'm afraid to try them.

OK i'm ready Maggot! i bought 4 cartons of ice cream, a bunch of popsicles, and some sugar cones!

[Image: 20090817-bunnylick]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Mary - 07-18-2011

It's hotliquidmagmasufaceofthefuckingsunscorchingmyfeet here. And has been since late May. I heart air conditioning and my pool.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 07-18-2011

I heart ice cream, but the ones I heartest the best is orange popsicle and vanilla. 105

(07-18-2011, 04:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: I heart ice cream, but the ones I heartest the best is orange popsicle and vanilla. 105

creamsicles! yeah! they're delicious! they still make those? i need some of those too since i just ate about a quart of strawberry. hah

[Image: 5842443695_6d696c591f.jpg]

[Image: 3_icecreamcone_ca.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 07-20-2011

[Image: welcome_to_hell.gif_320_320_256_92233720..._0_1_0.gif]

NOAA has upped its peak heat index prediction for D.C. Friday to a stunning, sweltering 116 degrees.

And poor Richmond, Va.! NOAA projects its heat index will soar to a stifling 118 degrees.

[Image: heat-index-116.gif?uuid=fyJbjLJVEeCagMRrnLElXw]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 07-20-2011

I'm in the yellow. I've seen a 116 heat index a few times already this year. We are in our fifth heat wave. This is not a complaint, simply an observation. I'll take this over snow any day.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Meridian - 07-21-2011

I'm in the red on your map Duchess. We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Detroit. The temp is supposed to go to at least 100 degrees today, with high humidity.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Mary - 07-21-2011

(07-18-2011, 04:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: I heart ice cream, but the ones I heartest the best is orange popsicle and vanilla. 105

oooooooo, Creamsicles. Them is goooooood. I like the ones with root beer popsicle and vanilla ice cream, too. I never see those anymore. We have a gelato/italian ice place close by that my daughter begs to visit EVERY DAY and since it's been in the 100's since May, I oblige.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - QueenBee - 07-21-2011

Dark red of West Central NY State here. Right now it is 90. Last evening, about 7PM it was still 94.
One thing I heard that is making things worse for folks, is that in most areas it is not cooling down enough at night to give our bodies a break, and a chance to cool.
And I get so pissed because my neighbor will STILL leave his dog outside for an hour or more at a time with no water. Luckily the critter has shade. I put water out for the dog one evening. I also used an up ended Rubbermaid trashcan lid as a makeshift bird bath. Put it under the evergreen, and loaded it with water and some ice.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 11:29 AM)QueenBee Wrote: And I get so pissed because my neighbor will STILL leave his dog outside for an hour or more at a time with no water.

I want to do bad things to people who treat animals like that.

The state vets are watching the horses come off the track & because it's considered a "code blue" they have the authority to cancel races. I like that a lot because some people have more money than brains & would race their horses in this dreadful heat & not consider the horse. Assholes.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - QueenBee - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 11:36 AM)Duchess Wrote: The state vets are watching the horses come off the track & because it's considered a "code blue" they have the authority to cancel races.

Last year I was watching Animal Cops, in NY or somewhere that had the horses and carridges. The AC officers have to authority to mandate that the drivers take the horses off the street if it gets too hot out. And not work them until it is cooler.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - kitty1 - 07-21-2011

I love my cherry freeze!! Every ice cream joint has their own name for them....freeze, slushy, etc. It is just soft vanilla ice cream blended with a slush puppy (any flavor, but cherry is my fav). It's fruity and refreshing...thick and slushy but you can use a straw. I call them cherry bombs cuz they "da Bomb"!!!!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - trixie - 07-21-2011

The heat index here is 110 right now. I wouldn't know how hot it is though. I'm inside with my AC on. Smiley_emoticons_smile