Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 01-29-2021

Even with gloves, my hands are still a bit frost bitten. I hope the low tire pressure symbol is because of the extreme cold, not a flat tire.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 01-29-2021

Don't pay attention to those idiot lights. Check the pressure in your tire with a pressure ga. If its a new car the pay for air will not give out the needed pressure for the tires some of those tires take 50lbs of air the pay for air things only put out about 38lbs you will lose air.

(01-29-2021, 11:49 AM)Maggot Wrote: Don't pay attention to those idiot lights. Check the pressure in your tire with a pressure ga. If its a new car the pay for air will not give out the needed pressure for the tires some of those tires take 50lbs of air the pay for air things only put out about 38lbs you will lose air.
I'll probably just take it to a shop tomorrow. Im not very handy with cars and other stuff. My brother Ed tried to fill my tires once because of low tire pressure and overinflated them.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 01-29-2021

(01-29-2021, 01:35 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 11:49 AM)Maggot Wrote: Don't pay attention to those idiot lights. Check the pressure in your tire with a pressure ga. If its a new car the pay for air will not give out the needed pressure for the tires some of those tires take 50lbs of air the pay for air things only put out about 38lbs you will lose air.
I'll probably just take it to a shop tomorrow. Im not very handy with cars and other stuff. My brother Ed tried to fill my tires once because of low tire pressure and overinflated them.
The cold weather can play some tricks with your TPMS. (From first hand experience.)

Tire pressure can decrease about 1 PSI (pound per square inch) for every 10 degrees the temperature drops,
as the air inside the tire condenses, taking up less space when it's cold.

It's similar to how a cake, just out of the oven, flattens out a bit as it cools.

Tires also lose about 1 PSI per month just from seepage of air around the edge of the rim and through the tread itself.

These two factors combined can cause the air pressure in a tire to go 25 percent below the recommended fill pressure.
This is what triggers the sensing transmitters inside your tires to illuminate your TPMS dash light.

Temperature changes outside affect your tire pressure. If it gets up to 45 degrees by day and drops to 15 degrees at night,
your tire pressure will vary 3 PSI, not counting normal air loss.

This is why it’s not unusual to have the low-pressure indicator light go on first thing in the morning, since it’s usually coldest overnight.

The light may shut off on its own after you drive 20 minutes or so, as the air in your tires warms and expands and proper inflation level stabilizes. If light still on, Top off your tires to recommended pressure listed on driver's side door jam.

Note: If the warning light is flashing, this is a problem with the vehicle’s TPMS system, not your tires, and you should take your car to the shop.

(01-29-2021, 03:57 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 01:35 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
The cold weather can play some tricks with your TPMS. (From first hand experience.)

Tire pressure can decrease about 1 PSI (pound per square inch) for every 10 degrees the temperature drops,
as the air inside the tire condenses, taking up less space when it's cold.

It's similar to how a cake, just out of the oven, flattens out a bit as it cools.

Tires also lose about 1 PSI per month just from seepage of air around the edge of the rim and through the tread itself.

These two factors combined can cause the air pressure in a tire to go 25 percent below the recommended fill pressure.
This is what triggers the sensing transmitters inside your tires to illuminate your TPMS dash light.

Temperature changes outside affect your tire pressure. If it gets up to 45 degrees by day and drops to 15 degrees at night,
your tire pressure will vary 3 PSI, not counting normal air loss.

This is why it’s not unusual to have the low-pressure indicator light go on first thing in the morning, since it’s usually coldest overnight.

The light may shut off on its own after you drive 20 minutes or so, as the air in your tires warms and expands and proper inflation level stabilizes. If light still on, Top off your tires to recommended pressure listed on driver's side door jam.

Note: If the warning light is flashing, this is a problem with the vehicle’s TPMS system, not your tires, and you should take your car to the shop.
The warning light wasn't flashing, so I'll try just topping it off with air if the light doesn't go off on its own. I only drove it around the block for 5 minutes this morning when moving it to a new parking spot so I wouldn't get a ticket. If I do have a flat, like I did the last time the light went on, I'll definitely take it to a shop or get it towed to a shop.Thank, Cars. Blowing-kisses

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-29-2021

Uh oh. My weather people just wrote "Sunday-Tuesday snow event". SNOW EVENT!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 01-29-2021

Big woop, is your tire light on?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-29-2021

No.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 01-29-2021

Let this be a lesson to you young lady! Never ever think the snow Miser has forgotten you. [Image: snow-miser.jpg]

(01-29-2021, 08:00 PM)BigMark Wrote: Big woop, is your tire light on?
It better not be on tomorrow morning. 16

(01-29-2021, 07:02 PM)Duchess Wrote: Uh oh. My weather people just wrote "Sunday-Tuesday snow event". SNOW EVENT!
Panic 2hiding

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-30-2021

There was a time that I would have found this to be very exciting, but now all I can think of is how it's going to complicate my life for probably several days. Ugh. I suppose this would be a good time to pull out my new camera.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 01-30-2021

(01-30-2021, 06:47 AM)Duchess Wrote: There was a time that I would have found this to be very exciting, but now all I can think of is how it's going to complicate my life for probably several days. Ugh. I suppose this would be a good time to pull out my new camera.
Well unless they close the state offices in Albany, there goes the rest of my personal time. I wonder how many times I'll have to dig out my car? Hope the snow emergency is for 8pm instead of 8am, so I can sleep in a little on my snow days.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 01-30-2021

You will get.....................nothing.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 01-30-2021

Update: Put some air in my tires this morning and 20 minutes later my low tire pressure light finally went out.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - cannongal - 01-30-2021

Don't forget to head out to the grocery store to buy some French toast ingredients.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 02-01-2021

I read someone say "whenever the East Coast gets a foot of snow it is a news event somewhere between the Moon landing and the fall of the Soviet Union"

Tis true.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 02-01-2021

(02-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Duchess Wrote: I read someone say "whenever the East Coast gets a foot of snow it is a news event somewhere between the Moon landing and the fall of the Soviet Union"

Tis true.

Everything today is always bigger and worse than anything ever..........it gets old fast.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 02-01-2021

You ain't kiddin'.

Sometimes I yearn for a simpler time.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 02-01-2021

Just a little light snow, barely a dusting. I kind of hope we get alot more snow or I wore my boots to work for nothing. But not enough for a snow emergency,because I don't want to have to move my car until Friday morning.