Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 10-28-2011

The leaves are still on the trees and it looks like autumn has been bypassed. October has been relatively mild so far but now north eastern states are suddenly braced for snow this weekend.

Forecasts for this nor’easter have changed in the last couple of days and the prospect of a snow-free Halloween weekend have now gone.

Low pressure will track up the East Coast on Saturday possibly bringing significant amounts of the white stuff across the tri-state area, Pennsylvania and New England.

New York has received measurable snow before Halloween only three times since 1869 - and never more than one inch, which is what some experts are predicting.

It would be the earliest one-inch snowfall in the city since the Civil War.

cool!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4831]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-28-2011

Mother Nature is a friggin' tool.

I'm not prepared. I thought I'd have a good two months maybe three.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 10-28-2011

Told ja so.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - IMaDick - 10-28-2011

We had our first thunder and lightening snow at work the other night.

It was pretty.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-28-2011

(10-28-2011, 01:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote: It was pretty.

It is lovely *sigh* and I used to be jonesin' for snow every winter but after two winters of heavy snow I am over my lust.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 10-28-2011

(10-28-2011, 01:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: Told ja so.

Strangle

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 10-29-2011

sat. morning.

you get anything yet Duchess? this photo of snowy Autumn leaves was taken in Vermont. Maggot may need his snowshoes. i think i will have rain turning to snow tonight, but the winds are supposed to be very high. = power goes out, trees break.

Low pressure will intensify just off the East Coast on Saturday producing significant snow across the Northeast.

[Image: map_specnews10_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg]

[Image: article-2054719-0E93FC4000000578-904_634x421.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-29-2011

It's raining heavily & I'm still moaning about my tropical plants outside. I normally winter them in the pool room in the stable but I'm alone & I can't even budge those big fuckin' pots. Wah! Call whine one one.

poor Maggot...it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Mini xmas treeMini xmas treeMini xmas tree Smiley_emoticons_hurra3 [Image: attachment.php?aid=5296]

Killington and Mount Snow started the ski season early by opening one trail each over the weekend

[Image: d959d8fe-c0e6-4a8a-b663-c94796df9526_400.jpg]

[Image: 836907c0-0409-46b5-a25d-c07ba581a092_400.jpg]

[Image: 2c23d916-12e1-4685-b3af-01251c333f97_400.jpg]

[Image: 3c4644f5-4a2f-4605-9948-bd3aa6ad4c60_400.jpg]

- 5-10 inches of snow is possible in most of New Hampshire during a storm that will last from Saturday to Sunday.
- Heavy, wet snow could cause power outages.
- Winds could gust from 40-60 mph on the coast

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/October_Snow_Storm_Hits_New_Hampshire#ixzz1cCftzdIz

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-29-2011

Please, please, please don't come here.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 10-29-2011

Holy shit, heavy "SNOW" on all the "leaves" on the trees around our villa have snapped several good size limbs already! And the worst is said yet to come! There is one huge SNOW filled limb that is overhanging our roof, that is scaring the shit outta me. If/when it falls, it will do some serious damage! Worst Snow strom I've ever seen here bringing down so many trees!!! Fuck, Shit, Piss!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - cannongal - 10-29-2011

Snowing like hell now....Started about 4 PM where I am, and the gusts are making it seem like it's snowing sideways.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Harvest Moon - 10-29-2011

Just for my friends and family in the northeast...

I tried to post this earlier, but it got lost...

[Image: 389540_2052034144584_1356427601_31729857...9647_n.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 10-29-2011

I pulled out the snowblower, quickly raked my leaves. Its snowing at a fast clip now. Trick or treating in a pile of snow. O-the joy. Furious

9 PM sat.

wow. got power Maggot? you OK Cars? Cannongal?

(CNN) -- Two are dead, more than 1 million households were without power and thousands of air travelers found themselves stranded Saturday after a freak fall snowstorm hit the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.

An 84-year-old man was napping in a recliner at his home in Temple, Pennsylvania, on Saturday afternoon when part of a large, snow-filled tree fell into his house and killed him "instantly," according to a state police report. With numerous downed trees in the area, rescue crews took two hours to "safely remove the victim."

Another person died while driving in Colchester, Connecticut, Gov. Dannel Malloy said.

Predicting the system could dump as much as 18 inches of snow in some spots, Malloy joined New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in issuing emergency declarations for their respective states.

"It's like a blizzard, you can't see far at all," CNN iReporter Alban Ajro, 32, said Saturday night from Watertown, Connecticut. "This is the first time that I can ever recall this kind of storm happening before Halloween."

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cracker - 10-29-2011

WTH? It's October. Global warming my ass.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 10-30-2011

[Image: 7de43be450f0fa18fc0e6a70670038f2.jpg]

A historic October snowstorm is still crushing New England with heavy snow and howling winds before cruising away into Atlantic Canada.

Snow amounts have already topped two feet across portions of New England, while record-shattering snow hammered the major Northeast cities from Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia to New York City and Hartford, Ct.

An additional 3-6 inches of snow will thump across portions of Maine and New Brunswick, Canada, as the potent nor'easter races along. Heavy snow rates of 1-2 inches an hour will be found in this zone with thunder snow a possibility. Bangor, Maine, is included in this zone.

Strong winds blasting the New England at 50 mph and higher will cause blowing and drifting of snow, adding to hazardous travel conditions. Along the coast, gusts close to 70 mph will rage.

More trees can come crashing down under the weight of the hefty, wet snowfall, especially with the additional stress from the high winds. In fact, wind could continue to cause delays in New York City and Philadelphia as well.

[Image: 400x266_10301041_page-1.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 10-30-2011

Maggot hasn't been here today, i bet he's had no power. many thousands are w/o power up here in Mass. and NH.
but i believe he has a generator.

come back and check in Maggot!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Harvest Moon - 10-30-2011

I hope all Mock members in the Northeast US are safe and have found a way to stay warm. I hear that northern New Jersey is like a "war zone" with all the trees down and live wires on the streets. I am sure it extends much beyond just NJ.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 10-31-2011

poor kids, many Mass. towns have canceled Halloween. and many adults are PISSED because they may not get power back until thursday!
i called Maggot, it went to voice mail.

Halloween Monday

The unseasonably early nor'easter had utility companies struggling to restore electricity to millions of homes and businesses. By late Sunday, the number of customers without power had dipped to below 3 million and continued falling. But officials in some states warned it could be days or even a week before residents have power again, even though crews have been brought in from as far away as Michigan and Canada.

"We are in full restoration mode," said Marcy Reed, president of National Grid Massachusetts.

Some local officials canceled or postponed Halloween activities, fearful that young trick-or-treaters could wander into areas with downed power lines or trees ready to topple over.