Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 09:08 AM)Duchess Wrote: I really don't know how you handle not having AC right now.

I don't know how I've put up with it for 7 plus years. My mom put an air conditioner in nearly every room of the house when I was growing up.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - sally - 09-06-2023

Another hurricane Cars and this one looks like a bad mofo headed straight towards us. Hopefully it just takes that predicted turn north out in the sea.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 09-07-2023

Ahhhhh fucking hurricanes!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - rothschild - 09-07-2023

(09-06-2023, 07:15 PM)sally Wrote: Another hurricane Cars and this one looks like a bad mofo headed straight towards us. Hopefully it just takes that predicted turn north out in the sea.

"He who controls the weather, controls the world."

Lyndon B. Johnson

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 09-07-2023

Hot as fuck. So hot that I didn't even walk around the garden center after stopping there specifically to do so. I can't breathe out there.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 09-16-2023

We have had "liquid Sunshine all day here today! It`s "thundering" liquid Sunshine right now. CRAZY!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 09-16-2023

Wow

It is 90
I am traveling and currently waiting in an AC cooled building

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 09-17-2023

My weather is back to being glorious and the Capital Weather Gang says our days of 90 degree heat day after day are done for the season. Yeah buddy!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 09-17-2023

Came back today to smoke. AQI is at unhealthy levels. I hope it goes away. Not sure which fire is causing all of the smoke.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 09-18-2023

It feels like Canada has burned all Summer.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 09-18-2023

I think it has.
We have a couple of fires that they just let burn.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BlueTiki - 09-18-2023

Back in the Valley after two glorious weeks in the high country.

(Maqui is doing great with her rehab . . . and her husband was loving and encouraging to her . . . and both appreciative and thankful, for my participation in her recovery efforts.)

Aspens haven't started turning, on the peaks, but you can feel the change is coming soon!

Wild flowers everywhere  . . . and still holding their petals.

Junipers and oaks are full of berries and acorns.

Thinking now is the time, in my life, for a small mountain retreat.

I have three lots on my radar and retreat designs, in my head.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 09-18-2023

I was just looking at one, small mountain village. Unfortunately so small not even showing a cafe.

Which mountains? Where?! Come here! Both of you! All of you!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 09-18-2023

9FXC+F4 Casinha Rural da Família Alves, Balurcos, Portugal

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BlueTiki - 09-18-2023

(09-18-2023, 05:12 PM)MirahM Wrote: Which mountains? Where?! Come here! Both of you! All of you!

The "peaks" are (known as) The San Francisco Peaks . . . just north of Flagstaff.  Mt. Humphreys is the tallest, just shy of 13K feet.

They are the "rim" of an extinct volcano.

AZ Snowbowl is the ski resort, located within the peaks (Humphreys, Fremont and Agassiz). These peaks are sacred to Navajo, Hopi, Apache and Hualapai tribes.

Williams is 30 miles west of Flagstaff, on interstate 40 (the old Route 66), and directly south of the Grand Canyon (about an hour's scenic drive).

Williams is also home to the Grand Canyon Railroad . . . departing everyday at 9:30 AM and returning around 5:00 PM.

There are three lots in Williams I am considering purchasing.  One has a view of the peaks and the other two, a view of Bill Williams Mountain.  Nearest neighbors would be over one-half a mile (minimum), for each of the lots.  All are in heavily wooded areas (pine, juniper, white spruce and oak).

Here's a couple of pictures of the peaks . . . not the best, but will give you an idea:

[Image: LmpwZw]

[Image: ZXcuanBn]

Who knows?  Maybe I'll start taking pictures of the area, when I head back in October, and post them. 
That's when the aspens will be popping!

Both you and Mark have set an extremely high-bar when it comes to nature pics . . . it's a tough act to follow!  Blowing-kisses

Well those are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
My new phone is more high tech now and doesn't seem to like any movement when I take pics so it has taken some getting used to.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 09-20-2023

Made the first fire of the season.
Snow up on 8,100 feet,
locals made fires, so I did too.
I was holding out!
Especially since it was smokey already from wildfires.
Had a nice rain last night. Really nice rain. (snow up higher)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - sally - 09-20-2023

It’s pouring here and feels like a lovely 80 degree cold front coming through.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 09-20-2023

Sunny and 60 here. It was a nice night for some steak and fries with garlic aioli. And a hand rolled cigar.