Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cracker - 02-21-2012

PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL IS FUCKING CAUSED BY UNEQUAL HEATING.

I give up. You may have some words, but you entirely missed the concept.

Oscillations have to do with climate, THEY ARE GENERALLY FORTY YEAR WEATHER PATTERNS, not yealy weather indicators. Sorry, you lose.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 02-21-2012

(02-21-2012, 06:37 PM)Cracker Wrote: PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL IS FUCKING CAUSED BY UNEQUAL HEATING.

Oscillations have to do with climate, THEY ARE GENERALLY FORTY YEAR WEATHER PATTERNS, not yealy weather indicators. Sorry, you lose.

Unfortunately, in this instance, you lose.

Yes, you explained the general concept of weather, but not why it's been windier than normal where she lives.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cracker - 02-21-2012

(02-21-2012, 06:39 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 06:37 PM)Cracker Wrote: PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL IS FUCKING CAUSED BY UNEQUAL HEATING.

Unfortunately, in this instance, you lose.

Yes, you explained the general concept of weather, but not why it's been windier than normal where she lives.

She asked about the wind, tard. Go look. Wind isn't caused by the jet stream, dumbass. Jet streams are 20,000 feet up. Just stop.

(02-21-2012, 12:39 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: By the hurricane, I mean the wind. It's been terrible.

From NOAA:
The different modes or mechanisms of the climate system act on different time scales. Some of these mechanisms occur on short time scales, such as the changing of the seasons, which occurs regularly every year, or the El Niño-Southern Oscillation, which occurs irregularly every two to seven years. Others, such as the Arctic Oscillation and the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, are important on time scales of ten to forty years. Variations of thousands of years are associated with orbital cycles of the planet, which appear to be related to past ice ages. The different frequencies of these variations harmonize, in a manner of speaking, to bring about the symphony that is our climate.

I'm sure they are wrong and you are right.

Jesus, arguing about the weather. WTH? That's a new one for me. I always heard there were people who would argue about the fucking weather. Now I believe it.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 02-21-2012

Cracker wrote:

She asked about the wind, tard. Go look. Wind isn't caused by the jet stream, dumbass. Jet streams are 20,000 feet up. Just stop.

I counter with:

The JET STREAM carries ALL weather, whether you want to believe it or not, tard. The location of the jet stream (overhead) determines how many systems will affect your weather. You need to just stop. Now.

Cracker throws this my way:

From NOAA:
The different modes or mechanisms of the climate system act on different time scales. Some of these mechanisms occur on short time scales, such as the changing of the seasons, which occurs regularly every year, or the El Niño-Southern Oscillation, which occurs irregularly every two to seven years. Others, such as the Arctic Oscillation and the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, are important on time scales of ten to forty years. Variations of thousands of years are associated with orbital cycles of the planet, which appear to be related to past ice ages. The different frequencies of these variations harmonize, in a manner of speaking, to bring about the symphony that is our climate.

I'm sure they are wrong and you are right.

I'll once again defend my stance with:

You're the one who brought the name-calling into this, which makes me believe that you're just throwing more bullshit against the wall and hoping it'll stick.

If you don't think these oscillations are real THIS YEAR, than go look it up. You're good at that.

And, you're right, arguing about the weather is pretty childish. I was simply calling you out for 'knowing something about everything.'

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 02-28-2012

pretty in pink...i KNEW we were going to get it! hah

[Image: map_specnews19_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg]

The storm system will arrive in two waves.

This first round of precipitation will eject from out of the Midwest and into the Northeast on Wednesday. It may be enhanced by a developing surface low off the coast of New England. Thursday, an upper-level system will pivot through New York and New England, delivering another dose of snow to portions of the region. The question with this setup over the two days is how much cold air will be available, which makes the forecast snowfall amounts somewhat uncertain.

Our exclusive Winter Watch graphic above shows where we have the highest probabilities for significant snow accumulations from Upstate New York to central and southern portions of New England (white shadings). A wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain is possible from coastal Southern New England to northern Pennsylvania and southern New York (pink shadings).

As you can see on our snowfall accumulation forecast map below, the two days combined could deliver 6 to 12 inches of snow to northern New York and central portions of New England.

[Image: ski_ne_600x405.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cracker - 02-28-2012

Everytime they predict rain or ice here the stores are sold out of bread, beer, and milk in under two hours. Whoever doesn't catch the news until later doesn't get sandwiches or toast or cereal for a few days.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - LuciferLynn - 02-29-2012

I went to the market and stocked up on canned goods and my 10 year old went into immediate storm panic. "Mom. Why did you buy all these canned goods and water? Are we getting a storm?" Poor kid is scarred for life. It's raining a flood here today but supposed to be warm. Every damn time I look at the weather it changes.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 02-29-2012

It's snowing here. Wet heavy snow. Roads are not bad yet though. I'm sure drivetime will be a problem though. As much as I want to bitch, I can't really because we have had no real snow this year at all.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 02:05 PM)ramseycat Wrote: It's snowing here. Wet heavy snow. Roads are not bad yet though. I'm sure drivetime will be a problem though. As much as I want to bitch, I can't really because we have had no real snow this year at all.

Do you need a cup of cocoa with marshmallow?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 02-29-2012

hah

(02-29-2012, 02:35 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(02-29-2012, 02:05 PM)ramseycat Wrote: It's snowing here. Wet heavy snow. Roads are not bad yet though. I'm sure drivetime will be a problem though. As much as I want to bitch, I can't really because we have had no real snow this year at all.

Do you need a cup of cocoa with marshmallow?

Only if you are bringing it to me my little Maggottyboo!! Blowing-kisses

I guess I feel like some hot cocoa with marshmallows. But sometimes I use Marshmallow Fluff or Ready whip. It's friggin cold enough in here for it.

Fluff huh? Never tried that in my hot chocolate. I do like it with whipped cream though.

The one with the face (thats what I call my little one) likes that. He loves fluff though.

The one with the face? Does that mean your older child has no face? hahaaa

PAHA! I call the little one that b/c he would always make these awful faces when he was mad when he was little.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - JsMom - 02-29-2012

The severe storms are starting here in TN.

(02-29-2012, 05:14 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: PAHA! I call the little one that b/c he would always make these awful faces when he was mad when he was little.

I think I heard him yelling once at me when I walked down your street. "get off my street!!" Smiley_emoticons_wink

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cracker - 03-02-2012

Jesus, just saw a funnel cloud go by headed to downtown Marietta. Sirens now, firetrucks. I have never seen so many tornadoes in the South. The area that got hit last time in NW GA just got hit again, too.

I know about six other states just had this same mess. N and S Carolina need to be on the lookout.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - krystalshores - 03-02-2012

We are in the basement. The tornado will be her in ten min! Shit I hate fucking tornadoes!!