Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - pspence - 06-30-2012

(06-27-2012, 04:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i had a momentary flashback to florida when a weather map came on the news, i thought i was back there for one awful second.
there will be snakes and 'gators in those watery streets the people are mucking through.

OMG ...I've thought about rats and other horrible things in flood waters but to think of gators...I'm going to mention that to my nephew who lives in downtown Tampa. Last time it flooded, he sent is pics of him jet skiing in the streets.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 06-30-2012

Its gonna be a fine day today 90 deg and sunny, time to try out my new blow up pool toy.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 06-30-2012

(06-30-2012, 09:05 AM)Maggot Wrote: time to try out my new blow up pool toy.
hah

[Image: 135028f28e71e19bad5969cc09e8ee5f.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 07-01-2012

this is a disaster. millions still w/o power and it is 90+-100+ degrees. dangerous heat.
12 are dead from storm like a hurricane. :(

i think some of our members are w/o power, and i know i haven't been able to reach my sister and brother in Maryland in 2 days.

full story at link below.

---------------------------------------

The bulk of the storm damage was in West Virginia, Washington and the capital's Virginia and Maryland suburbs. At least six of the dead were killed in Virginia, including a 90-year-old woman asleep in her bed when a tree slammed into her home. Two young cousins in New Jersey were killed when a tree fell on their tent while camping. Two were killed in Maryland, one in Ohio, one in Kentucky and one in Washington.

In Washington's northern Virginia suburbs, emergency 911 call centers were out of service; residents were told to call local police and fire departments. Huge trees toppled across streets in the nation's capital, crumpling cars. Cellphone and Internet service was spotty, gas stations shut down and residents were urged to conserve water.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/01/millions-without-power-brace-for-intense-heat-after-storms-cause-outages-kill/#ixzz1zNvakC59

RE: +your daily weather report+ - JsMom - 07-01-2012

O no! I hope everyone is ok. It's too hot to be without air. That's horrible.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 07-01-2012

(07-01-2012, 11:25 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i think some of our members are w/o power

We lost power around midnight Friday & it just returned about a half hour ago. It was the worst storm I've ever been through & that includes the one that the tornado brushed us. According to the meteorologist we experienced straight line winds. There is so much damage around but I consider us lucky, my home & stable are fine, no one died or got hurt, many others are not so lucky.

My 4th of July party was supposed to be last night. I gave all the booze and food to the people that helped us here. So many trees down & broken fence all over. I've heard nothing but the sound of chainsaws & hammering since dawn yesterday, it's still going on. Some people won't have their power restored for up to a week. :(

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 07-01-2012

Duchess, most importantly...all your shoes are ok right??? LOL

j/k glad you all are ok.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - LuciferLynn - 07-01-2012

We can't buy a drop of rain. My grass looks like someone poured gasoline on it, its so brown and dead. I went to a bonfire last night and this morning we found out theres a burn ban in effect. Some fireworks may be cancelled due to how dry it is. Its nearly 90 again here today and no end in sight.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Lady Cop - 07-02-2012

Monday July 2 in HELL

(CNN) -- Residents in central and eastern United States will sweat through another blistering day Monday as power outages from weekend storms continue to plague much of the country.

The intense early-summer weather has baked areas from Missouri to New York to Georgia with record-breaking heat and unleashed fierce storms that knocked out power to millions over the weekend. At least 16 people were killed from the series of storms.

While the pinnacle of heat has passed for many, so-called cooler temperatures Monday will still reach as high as 99 degrees for Louisville, Kentucky, and 96 degrees in Columbus, Ohio.

But triple-digit heat is still expected to smother areas from Missouri to South Carolina on Monday.

Federal agencies in the Washington area will remain open Monday, but non-emergency employees have the option to work remotely.

Cities and towns in the Southeast and Midwest have already endured temperatures of more than 100 degrees for days. For many, the misery is compounded by a lack of electricity.

[Image: us_wxhi1_large_usen_600.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 07-02-2012

The heat index maxed out at 131 here on Friday. People are suffering. I feel sorry for those without AC.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 07-02-2012

There's still no power where I work. Unexpected day off today, and maybe tomorrow too.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 07-02-2012

(07-02-2012, 06:07 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: There's still no power where I work. Unexpected day off today, and maybe tomorrow too.

As much as I'm sure you are loving some extra days off, does the unexpected time off put you really behind? That has happened to us a few times and it totally fucks us up here. It almost makes the extra days off not worth it. Almost. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 07-02-2012

(07-02-2012, 08:03 AM)ramseycat Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 06:07 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: There's still no power where I work. Unexpected day off today, and maybe tomorrow too.

As much as I'm sure you are loving some extra days off, does the unexpected time off put you really behind? That has happened to us a few times and it totally fucks us up here. It almost makes the extra days off not worth it. Almost. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Yes, we will be behind. I already had Wed, Thurs, and Fri off. We'll be working massive amounts of OT next week.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 07-02-2012

(07-02-2012, 10:27 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 08:03 AM)ramseycat Wrote:

Yes, we will be behind. I already had Wed, Thurs, and Fri off. We'll be working massive amounts of OT next week.

At least you will make money off the deal with OT.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - QueenBee - 07-02-2012

I guess we are lucky where I am, we are in the 80s, but have had no power outages here. At least no major ones that I have heard of in Western NY state.
I was watching CNN and they were interviewing a couple of younger (I would say late teens or early 20's) and I would say their biggest beef was no cell service...and even if there was, they cannot charge their phones. However will they be able to contact anyone? (Their words, not mine)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 07-02-2012

Look at the map that LC posted from earlier for tonight low temps. Since when has MSP been the warmest spot in the country for nighttime lows?

It's been a crazy year so far.

First, no real winter to speak of.

60's in January, 80's in March. Those were both firsts.

We've also had monsoon-like rains this spring with widespread flooding.

Now we're looking at 7-8 straight days of 90+ temps.

Maybe global warming HAS arrived?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - LuciferLynn - 07-02-2012

Jesus christ the whole country is sweating like a nigger trying to read.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 07-02-2012

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 07-03-2012

(07-02-2012, 07:10 PM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Jesus christ the whole country is sweating like a nigger trying to read.

holy shit 28115

RE: +your daily weather report+ - LuciferLynn - 07-03-2012

I just saw a picture of a mailbox in lexington kentucky with a plastic post that was bent over and on the ground because the post melted and buckled in the heat.