Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 07-08-2013

Sunny, but cloudy. It looked like it was going to rain when I mowed the lawn earlier but now the sun is out. I think we're supposed to get heavy rain later tonight.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 07-10-2013

Rained a little yesterday afternoon, cooled down somewhat, supposedly same for today.

Anyway, bringing this fucking S - L - O - W pc to be fixed later on today. So won't be on line for several days.
Argh

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 07-10-2013

(07-08-2013, 08:26 AM)Duchess Wrote:

How hot is it, OP? Above 80? Do you have humidity there? How come I never hear about tornadoes in the UK?

I spent 3 summers in Norway in the mid 1980's.

Daytime highs would range from the low 60's to low 70's.

We had one magical 4 day stretch in 1987 though where highs were in the low 80's.

Americans were soaking in the sun while the Norwegians literally wouldn't come out of their houses because it was too hot.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 07-11-2013

(07-10-2013, 03:44 AM)Carsman Wrote: Rained a little yesterday afternoon, cooled down somewhat, supposedly same for today.

Anyway, bringing this fucking S - L - O - W pc to be fixed later on today. So won't be on line for several days.
Argh

Holy shit! I brought my POS pc in for repair yesterday, and while there, I bought a new lap top unfortunately with fuckin "windows 8"! Had no other choice. Trying to get 8 to work is unbelievable! Hard to get things to work ! Not sure if can back on here again, all new, need time to figure it out.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cynical Ninja - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 08:40 AM)Carsman Wrote: Holy shit! I brought my POS pc in for repair yesterday, and while there, I bought a new lap top unfortunately with fuckin "windows 8"! Had no other choice. Trying to get 8 to work is unbelievable! Hard to get things to work ! Not sure if can back on here again, all new, need time to figure it out.

Did you post that using your new laptop?

(07-11-2013, 09:42 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 08:40 AM)Carsman Wrote: Holy shit! I brought my POS pc in for repair yesterday, and while there, I bought a new lap top unfortunately with fuckin "windows 8"! Had no other choice. Trying to get 8 to work is unbelievable! Hard to get things to work ! Not sure if can get back on here again, all new, need time to figure it out.

Did you post that using your new laptop?

see post #1224 hah

RE: +your daily weather report+ - username - 07-11-2013

Cars, we have a laptop with Windows 8 on it. Microsoft has come out with an 8.1 version that you can download for free. It gives you back a start menu and addresses some of the other complaints about Windows 8. It only came out a week or two ago so I have waited to install it to give them time to work out any kinks but now that you've reminded me, I'm going to go put it on my husband's laptop. 8 stinks!!

Cars, 8.1 is still in preview phase. I'm downloading it anyway. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

(07-11-2013, 07:59 PM)username Wrote: Cars, 8.1 is still in preview phase. I'm downloading it anyway. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

Thanks user, you're ok, no matter what CN says.

8 SUCKS! I asked for a windows 7 pc, and they said all their 7's flew out the door right after 8 came out because all knew 8 sucked. I called several places, all said the same, no 7's available.

Okay Cars, I installed 8.1 and it looks slightly different but not like the old Windows. However, I then got an offer to download a free app called Pokki that really did give me a start menu back. It appears you can get that without even upgrading to 8.1. I'd check it out if I were you. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Pokki is good. Change the settings in it to boot to desktop and it will seem much more like earlier versions of Windows.

ETA: I'm guessing mid 70's here now. Cool for this time of year but pleasant. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cynical Ninja - 07-12-2013

(07-11-2013, 08:18 PM)Carsman Wrote: Thanks user, you're ok, no matter what CN says.

What do you mean? I lurve user, like a man loves the flavour of a Cuban cigar.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 07-12-2013

This is what is sitting over me today. Nobody loves a rainy day more than me but I want to dictate when it comes and today isn't a good day for it. Bah.

[Image: radar_midat_wui_640x480.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 07-12-2013

We've been dry for about two weeks now after a very cool, rainy and miserable spring/late spring.

Summer weather is here.

BTW, D.C. is really the last major metropolitan area in the U.S. I haven't visited.

When my kids get a few years older, we'll head there.

(07-12-2013, 09:12 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: BTW, D.C. is really the last major metropolitan area in the U.S. I haven't visited.

When my kids get a few years older, we'll head there.

It would be a worthwhile visit. It's fun & interesting and I would include Alexandria in your itinerary. The only drawback is that it has the worst traffic in the country, even worse than Orlando. Ugh. I always think I'm going to die when I'm on the Beltway.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Cynical Ninja - 07-12-2013

Overcast but warm and muggy not much breeze.

Urgh.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Jimbone - 07-12-2013

A little cooler today, but humidity is still high.

And traffic in DC is fucking terrible. Use mass transit as much as you can to get around - if the Metro is running on time that is.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BlueTiki - 07-12-2013

(07-12-2013, 07:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:
This is what is sitting over me today. Nobody loves a rainy day more than me but I want to dictate when it comes and today isn't a good day for it. Bah.

I swear . . . one more time bitching about rain and Ima gonna . . . !

I'm not bitchin', I swear! I enjoy rainy days, I just thought it could have picked a better day, like say, Sunday & Monday.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 07-12-2013

(07-12-2013, 12:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm not bitchin', I swear! I enjoy rainy days, I just thought it could have picked a better day, like say, Sunday & Monday.

Rainy days and Monday's always...