Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 01-22-2014

-5 degrees today when I went to the library to do some job searching/applying. Got a call for a job interview next Wednesday while at the library.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 01-22-2014

We've had more snow this year than we usually have for the whole winter. These are the kind of winters I remember as a kid. We had four snowmobiles and were on them almost daily back in the old days. There's hardly anyone around here now that owns a snowmobile unless they're hauling it to Michigan on the weekends.

I'm over this fucking shit! We've been spoiled the last few years with warm winters and I want them back right fucking now.

2 more months till vacation...Gotdamnit!! It will probably be 90* here.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 01-22-2014

It's been cold down here too. Everyone has been telling me last year it was so warm. Not this year. It's funny but the school sends out emails advising parents that school is open and to dress the kids warm. In NY they didn't give a shit. 10 inches if snow? If the plow can get thru school is open.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 06:45 PM)ramseycat Wrote: It's been cold down here too. Everyone has been telling me last year it was so warm. Not this year. It's funny but the school sends out emails advising parents that school is open and to dress the kids warm. In NY they didn't give a shit. 10 inches if snow? If the plow can get thru school is open.

They have to make the snow days up at the end of the year around here. The poor bastards are going to be going through half of their summer breaks if this crap doesn't let up soon. Back in our day we never had to make snow days up. We were out before memorial day and didn't go back till after labor day, no exceptions.

We missed 2 weeks straight with the blizzard of 78.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 01-22-2014

Everyone has had it here too.

It just keeps coming.

Going down to -15F again tonight. Sub-zero high tomorrow. Plus, it snows an inch or two every other day. Driving is treacherous.

Friday and Saturday it's supposed to be in the upper20's, but then early next week we go right back to teens below zero overnight.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-24-2014

FQ2, you made my news again! Another pile up on the interstate. The weather out there looks atrocious! Please don't send any more my way. Thanks!

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-24-2014

MS, you made my news too. I meant to mention it yesterday. There has been so much snow that a Dad there built his kids an Olympic event, it might have been the luge or something like that. It looked pretty damn cool. Of course every kid and half the adults in the 'hood are there. It looked like a shit ton of fun.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 01-24-2014

All the old-timers (people my age and older) are saying that this is finally a REAL Minnesota winter.

Well... they're right.

We've got the snow (about average for the season so far), but the temps since the first week of December have been miserable (as its been across much of the northern tier of states).

We've had 3 days of school canceled this month because of wind chill warnings, and it looks probable that this coming Monday and Tuesday could get wiped out as well.

I'm 62 days from Hawaii and it can't come fast enough.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 01-24-2014

(01-24-2014, 12:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:

FQ2, you made my news again! Another pile up on the interstate. The weather out there looks atrocious! Please don't send any more my way. Thanks!

That pile-up was horrible looking. That happened 2 hours west of me near SouthBend. They get A LOT of lake effect snow. The other day, they got 20" of snow and we got 2" of snow.

I will never live in SouthBend...hah

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 01-24-2014

(01-24-2014, 02:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All the old-timers (people my age and older) are saying that this is finally a REAL Minnesota winter.

Well... they're right.

We've got the snow (about average for the season so far), but the temps since the first week of December have been miserable (as its been across much of the northern tier of states).

We've had 3 days of school canceled this month because of wind chill warnings, and it looks probable that this coming Monday and Tuesday could get wiped out as well.

I'm 62 days from Hawaii and it can't come fast enough.

I got you beat...I'm only 58 days away from vacation. I'm staying in the states on the Golf Coast...it better be warm by that time. It was SNOWING in New Orleans this morning!

The cold we're going to get at the beginning of next week looks worse than what we got 3 weeks ago, if that's possible. We've had more snow already this year than our average. 8 more inches this weekend with 40mph winds...FUCK!!!

The only thing that's going to get me through this Winter is Netflix...hah Right now I'm on the 5th season of Nip/Tuck. I keep thinking I'm going to see Aussie on one of the episodes.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 01-25-2014

This is how you can tell just how cold it really is around here at the beach! hah

[Image: coldpasties_zps3f31148a.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 01-26-2014

Starting around 9:00 tonight we're heading below zero and we won't get back above zero until 9:00 or so Wednesday morning. My math says that's about 60 hours or so.

Did you know?

The record for consecutive hours below zero in the Twin Cities is a staggering 186.

That occurred in 1912 and lasted almost 8 straight days.

How did people survive in those conditions 100 years ago? Unbelievable.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Carsman - 01-26-2014

(01-26-2014, 11:34 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Starting around 9:00 tonight we're heading below zero and we won't get back above zero until 9:00 or so Wednesday morning. My math says that's about 60 hours or so.

Did you know?

The record for consecutive hours below zero in the Twin Cities is a staggering 186.

That occurred in 1912 and lasted almost 8 straight days.

How did people survive in those conditions 100 years ago? Unbelievable.

That's why it was not uncommon back then for many
families to have at least 10 or more kids! hah

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 01-27-2014

[Image: 1526605_678492652171301_908474401_n.jpg]

[Image: 544579_10151548018438678_928377315_n.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - ramseycat - 01-27-2014

That's funny F2.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 01-27-2014

(01-27-2014, 05:22 PM)ramseycat Wrote: That's funny F2.

Here's another one for ya. I'm doing my best to keep my sense of humor. I think there's an Ice storm headed your way.

[Image: 734060_10152139247349802_755483758_n.jpg]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Midwest Spy - 01-27-2014

Another windchill school cancellation for tomorrow.

That's 5 now this month.

Kids will be making up days until the 4th of July at this rate.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 01-28-2014

One day nature will be green again, right? RIGHT?

RE: +your daily weather report+ - FAHQTOO - 01-28-2014

(01-28-2014, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

One day nature will be green again, right? RIGHT?

I've given up hope.

I called in a vacation day today. -18 when I woke up today...-40 with the wind chill factor. Fuck that! I'm not opening my door for anything today.

I think there's a big storm coming later this week.

Run1

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Maggot - 01-28-2014

You are soooo full of shit. You can't even open your doors they are frozen shut.